Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Chunes said:
    NabySarr said:
    Chunes said:
    Think only two of those will depart.
    Then presumably the others may be deployed at wingback
    Blackett-Taylor at wing back is ok, especially for games against teams that will set up to defend. He did well there under Jackson, but we do need a first choice option. Kirk played alright as a striker last season so if he stays that will be his role 

Campbell is the one I’m not sure on, could he maybe play as a 10 behind the 2 strikers? Was picking up more central positions against welling and drifting around left and right. Don’t want him at wing back and don’t think he’s got the finishing to play as a striker, so it might have to be more of an impact sub role for him now 
    I remember him doing OK, but not defensively. I remember all wingers struggling with their stamina and getting up and down the line all game. None of them looked like a convincing part of the unit at wingback. 

My biggest concern is starting a new season with a plan to play people out of their natural positions. That seems like it's asking for trouble.  
    Yeah and that’s why in an ideal world we would have a first choice (maybe Edun), a second choice (maybe Sessegnon signed to cover both sides) and then CBT can be used as an impact sub or to start games at home to poor teams where he won’t have much defending to do 
  • Chunes said:
    thenewbie said:
    Chunes said:
    I seriously hope we're not planning on playing our wingers at wingback this season
    We are not, as per RC:

No more CBs to come in, but still actively looking for FBs (both sides). Probably at least one Sessegnon type who can play either side in a pinch (personal speculation not a rumour.)
    So are we planning to let DJ, CBT, Kirk and Campbell all go? If so, there is a lot of business left to be done. Can't imagine we're planning to have a squad stuffed with enough players for two systems.
    I'd expect of those CBT and Campbell to spend a lot time at WB, though I think Holden will also want to play 343 when he can and get Campbell forward. Kirk will play up front if no-one will take him. I don't expect to see much of DJ
    If we have to play a winger up front whilst we’re short, I would rather DJ than Kirk.
  • Chunes said:
    thenewbie said:
    Chunes said:
    I seriously hope we're not planning on playing our wingers at wingback this season
    We are not, as per RC:

No more CBs to come in, but still actively looking for FBs (both sides). Probably at least one Sessegnon type who can play either side in a pinch (personal speculation not a rumour.)
    So are we planning to let DJ, CBT, Kirk and Campbell all go? If so, there is a lot of business left to be done. Can't imagine we're planning to have a squad stuffed with enough players for two systems.
    I have a horrible feeling we'll end up with wingers playing at left wingback or up front, where we're light
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Wasn't there a bid from Wigan for CBT on deadline day in Jan? 
    Allegedly there was - but they went on to have serious financial issues so I don't know how serious it was. 
  • cfgs said:
    If CBT is fit and raring to go then he needs to be involved.  His pace and directness scares teams.
    But there is no end product?
  • CBT is a great impact player. Bring him on to change a game plan and make an impact when needed.

He can’t start as a wing-back.
  • Sponsored links:

• who is Edun?
  • cfgs said:
    If CBT is fit and raring to go then he needs to be involved.  His pace and directness scares teams.
    What about his assist literally yesterday? Beat his man for pace, dinked over a lovely cross for the other wingback to head home
  • who is Edun?
    LB from Blackburn (maybe pop down and have a word?) we were in for him in January before Rovers nixed the deal as they had another injury in that area
  • Sess and Edun arriving would give us good depth and balance for both a back 4 or 5. Not sure how realistic it would be to bring in both, though.
    I’d say it’s realistic given we don’t have any left backs and we know we were trying to sign Dabo.

Cawley confirmed we’re in the market for full backs on both sides.

• Diablo back on according to Nikon?
    No he’s just very slow with it. Cawley already re iterated this morning it’s not happening.
  • sam3110 said:
    cfgs said:
    What about his assist literally yesterday? Beat his man for pace, dinked over a lovely cross for the other wingback to head home
    We were playing Dartford and you picked out the only cross he put over, rest of the time he failed to beat the defender, lost the ball that led to their goal.. and failed to create another chance.... expect a lot lot more from him if we are going to be successful 
  • In the league last season CBT scored 8, for 5 assists in 19 starts and 10 sub appearances.

JRS was clearly the better player but the above is good enough to be part of our squad.

At the very least having his pace to come off the bench will be useful in changing or killing off games.
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    How I see it:
    We should bring in Sessegnon, Edun, a right winger, another central midfielder and 2 strikers to come in, Kirk/DJ out, Kanu and Elewere to get league 2 loans til Jan. 

Isted, AMB
    Egbo, Sessegnon (Asiimwe)
    Ness, Hector, Lloyd, Thomas, Mitchell (Elewere)
    Edun, Chin (Roddy)
    Dobson, Fraser, McGrandles, Henry, New (Anderson)
    New, Campbell, CBT, Payne, Kirk/DJ
    May, Leaburn, New, New (Kanu)

Bracketed players are youth to be used in the future/in emergencies. That's 24 players, with multiple players being able to cover different positions, like Thomas at left back, CBT at wing back, Payne playing in the middle or wide, Sess on either wing, Mitchell stepping into midfield etc. Etc.

I think that's achievable, and reasonable, it's not a squad that will Piss The League™ but it should be a solid grounding, as long as the new players in question are of a quality that improves us

I'd expect 4 of those players to be loans
    Not a million miles off but I think it’s looking like we’re going to play 352 so no need at all to have a new winger on top of Campbell, CBT, Payne and one of Kirk or DJ. Prefer another CB and CM as that midfield doesn't look particularly strong.
  • i agree on CBT - when on his game - and there was a lengthy spell earlier last season when he absolutely was - he was terrifying the oppo right backs and they were double or even trebling up on him - that's a hell of a weapon to have and whilst he often lacks end product there's enough there to be a real asset to our squad - kirk, dj and payne can hopefully be shown the door but Campbell is worth a squad place. Another striker,  a powerhouse box to box midfielder and a jinky ball playing winger ( as opposed to campbell and cbt the pace merchants) then become the priorities for me, along i guess with a left sided wing / full back type player that we seem to forever be short of.        
  • Redrobo said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Predictably the Nixon story is already out of date 

Charlton in right back talks
    By Alan Nixon

Charlton are close to snapping up right back Fankaty Dabo ahead of League One rivals.

Dabo is free after leaving Coventry and the Addicks are nearly there with a contract offer to him
    If it is Dabo that failed his medical, may it be that he has accepted a reduced contract or changed terms?
    Or maybe he has got better.
  • sam3110 said:
    How I see it:
    We should bring in Sessegnon, Edun, a right winger, another central midfielder and 2 strikers to come in, Kirk/DJ out, Kanu and Elewere to get league 2 loans til Jan. 

Isted, AMB
    Edun, Chin (Roddy)

Bracketed players are youth to be used in the future/in emergencies. That's 24 players, with multiple players being able to cover different positions, like Thomas at left back, CBT at wing back, Payne playing in the middle or wide, Sess on either wing, Mitchell stepping into midfield etc. Etc.

I think that's achievable, and reasonable, it's not a squad that will Piss The League™ but it should be a solid grounding, as long as the new players in question are of a quality that improves us

Not a million miles off but I think it’s looking like we’re going to play 352 so no need at all to have a new winger on top of Campbell, CBT, Payne and one of Kirk or DJ. Prefer another CB and CM as that midfield doesn't look particularly strong.
    Yeah seeing that midfield written down it is majorly lacking. Not sure Henry is ready to play a massive part in the league.

Roddy should also be nowhere near the first team under any circumstances.
  • sam3110 said:
    How I see it:

Isted, AMB
    Edun, Chin (Roddy)

Can't see us getting a new winger when we have a few already and look to be shaping up in a 3-5-2.

I'm happy with Kanu as one of the strikers, in a front 2 I think he could be ready but he needs to have the right partner, that new striker needs to be a big/strong type to cover when Leaburn is injured. 

Chin hopefully won't be involved and will go out on loan. I'd rather have Blackett-Taylor at wing back or Egbo playing the wrong side and Asiimwe on the right. Obviously if we got Sessegnon he'd be the second choice option but Chin shouldn't be anywhere near getting league minutes if we want to go up. 

I'd quite like 2 new central midfielders and allow Henry to go out on loan. We obviously need a Box to Box midfielder to slot into our starting 3 (Camara at Ipswich please!) and then the second should either be another similar type or someone to cover Dobson, depending on which of those roles Holden thinks McGrandles can cover best

If we bring in good additions at Wing Back x2 (at least one needs to be LWB), Central Midfield x2 and then a Striker then I think we will have a real chance of being up there. The LWB and Box to Box midfield signings probably being the most important as they are the biggest holes in our 11 at the moment. Being only 5 good signings away is a good place to be in at the moment
  • Looking at that squad written out there's still quite a bit needed both in and out 

Would love us to go and spend a fee on a quality box to box CM that can really dictate a game , happy to have Mcgrandles as cover for now and maybe one other CDM that can then let Henry and Anderson go out on loan. 

352 suggests there's not really any natural place for the wingers we've got on the books - DJ I fully expect to go , CBT as a bench option to change things up with out and out pace along with Campbell is a good option to have. Kirk I really don't know about. 

Fullbacks I'd like to see enough depth come in that Richard Chin and Asiimwe can go and get minutes on loan somewhere and develop some more.

2 more strikers feels like what's going to be needed with Aneke out a lot and Miles missing for at least the first month and will need time after that to get up to speed. 

Would expect the 5 loan slots to be filled out throughout the side , just hope we can find another JRS level talent. 
  • sam3110 said:
    who is Edun?
    LB from Blackburn (maybe pop down and have a word?) we were in for him in January before Rovers nixed the deal as they had another injury in that area
    Keep up Sam Lancs is back down South these days 😉.