Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Redrobo said:
    One appearence last season. He may have proved his top class in the past BUT no more injury prown loanees - pleeease.
    I understand where you are coming from but think it is worth the risk. It would need a return clause in event of injury and that is probably going to be the stumbling block.
    You can only return loans in January so little choice with that. I imagine Ipswich would want a recall clause in case he stayed fit and had a great first half of the season.

Would be an exciting signing, I tend to focus on our players rather than opponents but he was one that stood out. One of those that’s a gamble due to his injury last season but probably worth the risk due to the quality he’d bring if he stayed fit.
    I'm not sure that's correct. You quite often see reports of loan players returning to their parent club because of injury.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Panutche Camara is available for loan.

"We think as a football club it's going to best for him to go on loan this season and get minutes having missed the first half of last season with injuries and then found opportunities limited in the second half with players coming in and doing well," explained McKenna.

"He's been training really well and is a top professional. We've had communication from some different clubs. That process is ongoing at the moment."

The Blues boss continued: "It's the same with Elkan Baggott. We think it's best for him to get minutes on loan this season and he is in agreement with that plan. Again, we've had communication with different clubs. There's nothing very imminent, but that will hopefully get sorted in the next few weeks."

Asked if both players were likely to join League One clubs, McKenna said: "There's interest from different levels for both. Nothing's agreed. We'll look at each case as it comes."

I am surprised they are prepared to loan him out so early in preseason.

He is 26, cost about 500k last summer, only signed a 2 year deal.  He only played 1 league game last season due to injury.

It's a strange one because you would think they would either want him in the squad now or get some of their money back. Wouldn't you? 
    maybe they have another year option on his deal?
  • Scoham said:
    Redrobo said:
    One appearence last season. He may have proved his top class in the past BUT no more injury prown loanees - pleeease.
    I understand where you are coming from but think it is worth the risk. It would need a return clause in event of injury and that is probably going to be the stumbling block.
    You can only return loans in January so little choice with that. I imagine Ipswich would want a recall clause in case he stayed fit and had a great first half of the season.

Would be an exciting signing, I tend to focus on our players rather than opponents but he was one that stood out. One of those that’s a gamble due to his injury last season but probably worth the risk due to the quality he’d bring if he stayed fit.
    I'm not sure that's correct. You quite often see reports of loan players returning to their parent club because of injury.
    You’re right but is that for treatment or officially terminating the loan? I think the loan still ends once the January window opens so they can’t play for their parent club before then.

It happened with AMB last season, fortunately as he hadn’t played for Gillingham he was able to play for us when fit.
  • Camera is a strange one. If he could replicate his Plymouth form then we should try to sign him as others have said, he always impressed when we played them. Although a note of caution would be that Marcus Maddison always looked exceptional for Peterborough.

After a year out through injury would he be the same player?
  • Scoham said:

They’ve lost a lot of players already so I think it would take a lot of money to get them to sell him. Would make them one of the favourites for relegation so I can’t see it happening 
  • Camara is one of the standout players to come to The Valley in recent years. If we get him on loan, I'll start getting excited for next season
  • edited July 2023
    Mike said:
    Don't give Keiron airtime please, he's a proper weirdo makes stuff up constantly 
    hope you have given Kieron the opportunity to reply before you say that... bang out of order that is digging people from twitter out ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Who I wonder might be our competitors in getting Camara ? 
  • LTKapal said:
    After the May signing, I think we are a new CM and LWB away from having a pretty decent starting 11 (with everyone fit). Here’s the lineup I’ve gone with assuming Deano will be going with a 5 at the back this season.
    That’s how I see it but with Fraser as the CAM and new CM alongside Dobbo.  I guess then in games where we can’t score we go 343 bringing CBT/Campbell on for one of the CMs.  
    Connor Mcgrandles if he can repeat his cambridge form? 
    I’ll be totally honest I’ve absolutely no idea what McGrandles is like.
    He should really be a direct replacement for Albie. Passing and moving the ball on, working in both directions, being able to snap into tackles without it being the main part of his game and able to create a bit. He can also take over set pieces from Albie; almost all of his assists for Cambridge were from free kicks or corners. You can get an idea of what he does from how Garner wanted to use him. Garner wanted him as the deepest midfielder but to give control rather than protect against what the opposition does. He even tried Albie a bit there in pre-season for the same reason but we didn't have the players around them to allow that and needed Dobson so we didn't get carved apart.
  • Who I wonder might be our competitors in getting Camara ? 
    Anyone who can see the bigger picture 
    And don’t have a too stringent medical 😉.
  • Apparently Chris Francis is now training with Sheffield United.
  • edited July 2023
    Did o about this 4 for half a penny 8 for a penny business: if I got 8 dog chews for a Penney I reckon I'd be quids in. 
  • LTKapal said:
    After the May signing, I think we are a new CM and LWB away from having a pretty decent starting 11 (with everyone fit). Here’s the lineup I’ve gone with assuming Deano will be going with a 5 at the back this season.
    That’s how I see it but with Fraser as the CAM and new CM alongside Dobbo.  I guess then in games where we can’t score we go 343 bringing CBT/Campbell on for one of the CMs.  
    Connor Mcgrandles if he can repeat his cambridge form? 
    I’ll be totally honest I’ve absolutely no idea what McGrandles is like.
    He should really be a direct replacement for Albie. Passing and moving the ball on, working in both directions, being able to snap into tackles without it being the main part of his game and able to create a bit. He can also take over set pieces from Albie; almost all of his assists for Cambridge were from free kicks or corners. You can get an idea of what he does from how Garner wanted to use him. Garner wanted him as the deepest midfielder but to give control rather than protect against what the opposition does. He even tried Albie a bit there in pre-season for the same reason but we didn't have the players around them to allow that and needed Dobson so we didn't get carved apart.
    My only worry is why wasn’t he played end of the last season? Rather than sent out on loan to enable Morgan to play instead.  Perhaps it was because he wasn’t fit, or was it that he wasn’t fancied who knows.  Like I say I’ve no idea what he’s like.  
  • After the May signing, I think we are a new CM and LWB away from having a pretty decent starting 11 (with everyone fit). Here’s the lineup I’ve gone with assuming Deano will be going with a 5 at the back this season.
    I do wonder what we'll do with the LWB spot, I have a bad feeling it might be sacrificed a bit if we struggle to get our targets. With May I expect us (hope) to play 352, in which case Holden might think he can get away with CBT and Campbell as his WB options there. Obviously that won't work as well if he wants to switch to 343, but even then he could put CBT at LWB behind Campbell at LW. I think we might only get on proper LB/LWB in and hope that player is very good and stays fit. I'd hate that though. I've never really rated CBT as a WB and cramming players into positions just because you want to play a certain way and that's what you've got is Jacksony and destined to fail
  • Sponsored links:

• After the May signing, I think we are a new CM and LWB away from having a pretty decent starting 11 (with everyone fit). Here’s the lineup I’ve gone with assuming Deano will be going with a 5 at the back this season.
    I do wonder what we'll do with the LWB spot, I have a bad feeling it might be sacrificed a bit if we struggle to get our targets. With May I expect us (hope) to play 352, in which case Holden might think he can get away with CBT and Campbell as his WB options there. Obviously that won't work as well if he wants to switch to 343, but even then he could put CBT at LWB behind Campbell at LW. I think we might only get on proper LB/LWB in and hope that player is very good and stays fit. I'd hate that though. I've never really rated CBT as a WB and cramming players into positions just because you want to play a certain way and that's what you've got is Jacksony and destined to fail
    If we play this formation at home, I would
    like to see CBT play between the front 2 and the central midfielders, or at least used as an impact sun to get the ball high up and run at tiring centre backs
  • I suspect Richard Chin is going to be more involved this year.
  • nagAddick said:
    Apparently Chris Francis is now training with Sheffield United.
    Downwards move for the lad 
  • Hal1x said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Panutche Camara is available for loan.

"We think as a football club it's going to best for him to go on loan this season and get minutes having missed the first half of last season with injuries and then found opportunities limited in the second half with players coming in and doing well," explained McKenna.

"He's been training really well and is a top professional. We've had communication from some different clubs. That process is ongoing at the moment."

The Blues boss continued: "It's the same with Elkan Baggott. We think it's best for him to get minutes on loan this season and he is in agreement with that plan. Again, we've had communication with different clubs. There's nothing very imminent, but that will hopefully get sorted in the next few weeks."

Asked if both players were likely to join League One clubs, McKenna said: "There's interest from different levels for both. Nothing's agreed. We'll look at each case as it comes."

I am surprised they are prepared to loan him out so early in preseason.

He is 26, cost about 500k last summer, only signed a 2 year deal.  He only played 1 league game last season due to injury.

It's a strange one because you would think they would either want him in the squad now or get some of their money back. Wouldn't you? 
    Or keep him on the books as standby, see if hes any good, and get someone else to pay part/all wages.
    So he can walk on a free next summer?
  • RedRyan said:
    I'd snap Camara up in a flash, surely gotta be one we focus on. Got a great shot too from what I remember.

I imagine Alan Nikon will break the news.
    Like the transparency.

Good in the slide tackle. Can project himself well. No negatives.
    Will wear the number 35mm shirt. 

• I suspect Richard Chin is going to be more involved this year.
    I think Asiimwe could be involved as cover for Egbo. I think he will suit being an attacking wing back more than Chin will. Ideally we sign Sessegnon and a proper left wing back. Then those 3 along with CBT and Asiimwe would have us pretty well covered for either side. 

Not sure what happens with TC. Might have to be more of an impact sub role for him this season which is a shame as he looks a real prospect
  • nagAddick said:
    Apparently Chris Francis is now training with Sheffield United.

One week a trial at a middling League 1 club and then a trial at a new Premier club🤔