Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:
    I can understand the Hunt links having worked with Holden but wouldn't be surprised if he goes back to Huddersfield. 
    Wouldn't surprise me at all if we had at least sounded out the option. We need a RB, he's got experience and there is previous connection with Holden.

I WOULD be surprised if we actually signed him. Certainly I don't see him as being one of the top targets, more of an opportunity if it arises.
  • Sign Jack Hunt and then bench him for the duration of his contract

Teach him for pipping Chris Solly to the Right-Back slot for Team of the Year back in 2011-12.

What a mine of information you are FA..🙄

Teach him for pipping Chris Solly to the Right-Back slot for Team of the Year back in 2011-12.
    If he was in the team of the year 12 years ago he's too bloody old !
    32-years old and just got promoted from League One

Yup quite agree 
  • edited July 2023
    Sign Jack Hunt and then bench him for the duration of his contract

Yeah fuck having Messi in our team, he won the ballon d'or in 2009.....

Yeah fuck having Messi in our team, he won the ballon d'or in 2009.....
    Agree, too old and too short.
  • edited July 2023
    Jerry Yates has announced he’s leaving Blackpool, massive loss for them.
  • Interesting that two clubs have had to cancel pre season friendlies due to lack of players .. Barnsley last week and today Morecombe have announced a postponement ……… good job that’s not us can you imagine the melt down 
    Game v Chatham was cancelled 
  • Sponsored links:

• nagAddick said:
    Jerry Yates has announced he’s leaving Blackpool, massive loss for them.
    Was pretty much announced yesterday he was off to Swansea. Kyle Joseph is going the other way 
  • Jesus... Southampton have signed a Man City kid (Shea Charles) for a deal up to £15m - Anyone heard of him? - I know they have Parachute Payments, but for a Championship transfer... Cmon!! 
  • Jesus... Southampton have signed a Man City kid (Shea Charles) for a deal up to £15m - Anyone heard of him? - I know they have Parachute Payments, but for a Championship transfer... Cmon!! 
    I’ve heard of him because he got into the NI squad. Never seen him play 
    Buying Man City kids last summer didn't do them much good...
    He has played 27 mins of first team football. Crazy money. 
    Rolls Royce of a player big future.
  • Am surprised they're going back down the Man City kids route after Bazunu (might turn out okay) , Larios and Edozie last summer - the only one that worked was Romeo Lavia and it looks like he's off to Liverpool potentially. 
  • fenaddick said:
    I’m hoping we can get his bro, Ethan, but it might be a mission impossible.
  • mendonca said:
    Our transfer biz is starting to feel slow now. I know there's a takeover pending, but speaking from a fan perspective. 
    Could have something to do with the manager being in Spain, might not but worth considering.
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    Am surprised they're going back down the Man City kids route after Bazunu (might turn out okay) , Larios and Edozie last summer - the only one that worked was Romeo Lavia and it looks like he's off to Liverpool potentially. 
    Jason Wilcox their director of football was the Man City academy director, so he'll have a good sense of which players from their academy are worth signing. Hard to judge them after one year in which the team overall was rubbish.

Some will work out, some won't. But if they do like in the case of Lavia, they can sell him for 40m+ and it covers all the other signings. 

We already have a song for him which is nice
  • No we haven't, he doesn't play upfront!
  • mendonca said:
    Our transfer biz is starting to feel slow now. I know there's a takeover pending, but speaking from a fan perspective. 
    Holden seemed fairly relaxed about it and if the May saga is anything to go by then chances are that we are putting pieces in place and (hopefully) things will start to happen pretty quickly once it gets to the crucial bit.

Not worried yet but another week of nothing and maybe that changes, for me at least.
  • mendonca said:
    I'm sure they've identified and spoken to targets without the need for Holden to be in the country. 
    Just a phone call away Holden said, I'm thinking somebody didn't pay the bill ?
  • edited July 2023
    I'd expect any free agents we've been talking to to be wanting to get deals done in the next week or so. Wonder if we might get a " Marquee" signing to coincide with the Takeover announcement if it comes next week. 
  • mendonca said:
    I'm sure they've identified and spoken to targets without the need for Holden to be in the country. 
    Just a phone call away Holden said, I'm thinking somebody didn't pay the bill ?
    No international roaming on his mobile