Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:
    Whether it's down to injuries or form, signing a one year deal at Cambridge is quite a career decline.
    He was in L1 two years ago, he is again.

Pretty standard to be honest, average Championship player ends up in L1 in his late 20s.

It's hardly Champions League to non-league or anything.
    True, but Wigan 2 years ago were  a "good side" at this level, one which won the title.

Cambridge are a team who will be fighting to avoid the drop, especially as they seem to be losing their best players.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Whether it's down to injuries or form, signing a one year deal at Cambridge is quite a career decline.

Pretty standard to be honest, average Championship player ends up in L1 in his late 20s.

True, but Wigan 2 years ago were  a "good side" at this level, one which won the title.

Cambridge are a team who will be fighting to avoid the drop, especially as they seem to be losing their best players.
    We hope!
  • MarcusH26 said:

I guess it is a bit similar to the Hector situation. Has been playing at a higher level and probably feels he should be but hasn't been playing much recently. He wants to play and show off his skills so he can try and secure that next move higher up at the end of next season.
  • iaitch said:
    Why didn't we go after him then? Right up our street.
    A very negative meh post iaitch.😕
  • My reply was to a comment about a player and that his career stats were woeful.

Any player we're linked with gets comments about the their injury/scoring record.
  • edited July 2023
    Kane Vincent-Young has signed from Wycombe from Ipswich

Perm deal too - Shame wouldn't have been a bad option for us as a Full-Back, can play either side too

Least it leaves you hoping that we must have our sights set higher
  • Who is Mario Lanzini?
  • Sponsored links:

• Dizzle said:
    Who is Mario Lanzini?

Manuel Lanzini , Argentine attacking midfielder that was at West Ham 
  • Interesting that two clubs have had to cancel pre season friendlies due to lack of players .. Barnsley last week and today Morecombe have announced a postponement ……… good job that’s not us can you imagine the melt down 
    Game v Chatham was cancelled 

Reading also had a game against Bristol City called off. 

Their flight home from a pre-season training trip Alicante was cancelled and they didn't have enough players in the country. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Dizzle said:
    Who is Mario Lanzini?

Lol I asked him if he was Mario Lanzini and he still answered and spoke about him leaving West Ham etc. 100% Manuel Lanzini…
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Dizzle said:
    Who is Mario Lanzini?

Lol I asked him if he was Mario Lanzini and he still answered and spoke about him leaving West Ham etc. 100% Manuel Lanzini…
    Would be a real coup of a signing.
  • edited July 2023
    Richard J said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Their replacement for McGrandles.

I wonder if Jordan Cousins will revert to CB now his legs have gone !
    As Still only 29 it must be the injuries that have slowed him down.
  • edited July 2023
    No rumour but a striker on loan worth a punt is Max Watters of Cardiff. Had a great loan spell at MK Dons and although not so good  at Barnsley shows promise. . Unlikely to feature again for Cardiff this season so for a loan place could do a job.
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    Dizzle said:
    Who is Mario Lanzini?

He was last on 70k a week at West Ham, dream on Haha
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Dizzle said:
    Who is Mario Lanzini?

So would Harry Kane 
  • Wouldn't mind Amos as CDM depth but he's been injured a lot whilst at QPR . Think Smith will go elsewhere unfortunately. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Wouldn't mind Amos as CDM depth but he's been injured a lot whilst at QPR . Think Smith will go elsewhere unfortunately. 
    Smith seems realistic to me, if he’s waiting for Championship offers that now looks unlikely. Are there many L1 clubs throwing big money around?
  • Scoham said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Wouldn't mind Amos as CDM depth but he's been injured a lot whilst at QPR . Think Smith will go elsewhere unfortunately. 
    Smith seems realistic to me, if he’s waiting for Championship offers that now looks unlikely. Are there many L1 clubs throwing big money around?
    I don't see where he fits into a 352 when we already have may. Won't join to sit on the bench. 
  • ButtleJR said:
    Scoham said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    I don't see where he fits into a 352 when we already have may. Won't join to sit on the bench. 
    Still room for a second striker to come in with Leaburn and Aneke missing the start of the season, no reason he can't join and play alongside May with Leaburn and Aneke to force there way back in once fit again.
  • Scoham said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Not especially, unless he goes back to Reading now their embargo has lifted. 
  • ButtleJR said:
    Scoham said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Still room for a second striker to come in with Leaburn and Aneke missing the start of the season, no reason he can't join and play alongside May with Leaburn and Aneke to force there way back in once fit again.
    True, I didn't realise he was 6ft1. Left footed too. Aneke I'd be surprised if we see again.