Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• edited July 2023
    MarcusH26 said:
    In terms of who's on Transfermarkt as free agents 

Benik Afobe
    Lucas João
    Britt Assombalonga
    Sean Maguire
    Chris Martin

Are the main ones that stick out if it was an experienced EFL option people wanted up top 
    I’ve not really seen much of Chris Martin recently but I used to really like him, proper pain in the ass striker that you’d love playing for you but hate playing against. 
    Fun fact... Dean Holden signed him for Bristol City
    That’s interesting, purely looking at his career I can see him dropping to league 1 this season.
  • edited July 2023
    MarcusH26 said:
    In terms of who's on Transfermarkt as free agents 

Benik Afobe
    Lucas João
    Britt Assombalonga
    Sean Maguire
    Chris Martin

Are the main ones that stick out if it was an experienced EFL option people wanted up top 
    Would cost a few quid to tempt him away from Coldplay.

At least he would be used to Cold play on a wet winters night in Wigan...🤔
  • I may be wrong, but suspect if investments are made post Monday, they will be made more so on players between 23-26 with prospective increased sell on value than 30 somethings. 

This is what I ultimately expect. Loan quota filled as usual but 2-3 decent fees spent on young ish talent. 
  • Luke Amos and Olamide Shodipo on trial with Reading.
  • Luke Amos and Olamide Shodipo on trial with Reading.

2 solid players for this level to be fair. Wouldn't be surprised if Selles gets the pick of the Southampton youth players on loan too. 
  • There is nothing wrong with signing someone seasoned. Look at Di Canio when he joined.

Ben Watson isn't a great example but if it's done right, someone like that is a great asset! 
    The real like for like would be Mark Bright.  If we had played him a bit more the season after we might have stayed up as well.
  • Smithy said:
    Smithy said:
    Speaking to some Exeter supporting family and they reckon they’d be asking £1m-£1.25m for Nombe…
    I think that similar to what Peterborough will end up asking for Clarke-Harris as his contract is up next summer. I think both will end up going for less.

Exeter are under no pressure to sell for a low price. Peterborough will have a much higher wage bill and one way or another will need a return on JCH.
    They’re probably not but if a club like Derby or dare I say Charlton or a Championship club ? come calling it’s very difficult for the club to hang on to a disgruntled player. That’s the way it is. Exeter can play hardball and refuse to sell unless their valuation is met but once a player has had his head turned it’s hard for the club. 
  • Sponsored links:

• RC_CAFC said:
    Connor wickham ticks all the Charlton boxes…over 6ft and injury prone 

Celebrating his first game in late January!
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Connor wickham ticks all the Charlton boxes…over 6ft and injury prone 

Celebrating his first game in late January!
    I thinking he is predicting how many starts he will make next season.
  • Reams hinting at Camara coming in on loan from Ipswich next week.
    I’ll genuinely start believing if this happens.
  • Camara pre his injury would be great, who knows how much that injury has effected him though as he’s barely played. 
  • edited July 2023
    No idea if we're in for Camara but Ipswich have said they want to send him out on loan, and it may be they'd rather send him on loan to L1 rather than a fellow Championship club.

So could see him going somewhere in L1, even if it's not us.
  • Is he a defensive midfielder? 
  • edited July 2023
    Valley11 said:
    Is he a defensive midfielder? 
    Yeah you'd expect to find him and Dobson sitting, with the Wing-Backs and Fraser getting forward in support of the front two

If we're playing 3-5-2 / 3-4-1-2 that is
  • Valley11 said:
    No, definitely more box-to-box/attacking midfielder rather than defensive.
  • Is it Camara. Reams only says someone from Ipswich and when he quoted the name it wasn't denied.

Other possibilities? Lapado or maybe left sided defender Greg Leigh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    Yeah you'd expect to find him and Dobson sitting, with the Wing-Backs and Fraser getting forward in support of the front two

If we're playing 3-5-2 / 3-4-1-2 that is
    Fraser isn't a 10.  
  • There's not too many other options from Ipswich - even though they signed Hirst I still can't see them selling Ladapo yet. 
  • Great player when fit, but likely Camara would be off to African Cup of Nations for 2 months half way through the season
  • Ladapo and Nombe both featured for their clubs today. Think we can rule them out of the big name.
  • Ladapo and Nombe both featured for their clubs today. Think we can rule them out of the big name.
    Why .. is there a new rule you can’t buy players once they played a pre season game for their side .
    If either one were to be announced by Charlton on Monday that means they wouldn’t be risked playing today. For us to announce them the deal would be done.
  • Ipswich are trying to get rid of Pigott first.

Really don’t expect Ladapo to be going anywhere this summer.
  • Camara not involved in either Ipswich side that played today in Austria.