Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:
    A dynamic CM is an absolute must for me regardless of the formation we end up playing, need someone with box to box energy. 
    That’s why Camara would be such a good signing as he fits that perfectly 
  • BBC gossip reporting that Shelvey is available???
    We don’t have enough space in the car park for his caravan
  • edited July 2023
    Isaak Davies... Another Striker we're being linked with then

Same height as Alfie May, 21-years old... Has three goals for Cardiff 
  • Isaak Davies... Another Striker we're being linked with then

Same height as Alfie May, 21-years old... Has three goals for Cardiff 
    Looking at what a Cardiff fan says he’s more of a winger. Who is quick and at one stage Burnley wanted for 3m. 
  • fenaddick said:

Davies has just signed a new contract, assume that any potential link to us would be a loan, probably more chance of minutes with us than at Cardiff without the pressure of having to play every week?

It's not one I would get excited about.
  • Sage said:
    Despite being wholly unrealistic and potentially very pointless :lol: I’d love for us to sign…

Sessegnon, Edun, Camara, Dack, and Clarke-Harris plus another 3 very good loan players with one or two being top youngsters from the Premier League.

Then we can sell Kirk and DJ, maybe McGrandles. Loan out Chin, Kanu, and maybe Henry for 6 months.

Then we can have a team looking like:

Isted/AMB
    Ness Hector Jones
    Egbo Dobson Fraser Edun
    Dack
    May Clarke-Harris

AMB/Isted, Sessegnon, Thomas, Camara, Payne, CBT, Leaburn

Elewere, Mitchell, Asiimwe, Campbell, Aneke all pushing for the squad/fitness.

This is also still without the 3 top loan players too.

Guaranteed goals with May and Clarke-Harris, and Dack and Fraser behind. Got pace out wide and off the bench with CBT, and more goals from the bench with Leaburn.

Promotion here we come! :smiley:
    I don't like Dobson and Fraser as the midfield two, we need someone more dynamic than Fraser in that position
    I like Fraser, but he always looks like he's playing on his tiptoes to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• We need some power in the midfield, someone who can dish it out physically, and strong on the ball. Will help Dobson and Fraser out a lot 
  • Rothko said:
    We need some power in the midfield, someone who can dish it out physically, and strong on the ball. Will help Dobson and Fraser out a lot 
    And to protect Leaburn.
  • If Fraser is used properly I think he’d be good enough. He needs to be in a more advanced role as he becomes ineffective when he has to worry about defensive duties. 
  • Smithy said:
    If Fraser is used properly I think he’d be good enough. He needs to be in a more advanced role as he becomes ineffective when he has to worry about defensive duties. 
    But that's not where he was successful at MK Dons and where he failed at Ipswich.
  • Fraser is qualify, just a bit of luxury player, he needs better players around him and we’ll see how good he really is.  
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Smithy said:
    If Fraser is used properly I think he’d be good enough. He needs to be in a more advanced role as he becomes ineffective when he has to worry about defensive duties. 
    But that's not where he was successful at MK Dons and where he failed at Ipswich.
    From what I saw he was played in a more advanced role than we have played him? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    We need some power in the midfield, someone who can dish it out physically, and strong on the ball. Will help Dobson and Fraser out a lot 
    I am still not convinced that Dobson and Fraser together could be a part of a top 6 3.
    Think the third with them has been part of the problem (I do share your concern). Morgan was a Jack of all and a master of none, couldn’t mix it, and so we were over powered 
  • Sponsored links:

• Smithy said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Smithy said:
    From what I saw he was played in a more advanced role than we have played him? 
    Mk Dons played him on the left of a flat 3.  Ipswich tried him as a "10" then jogged him out to the left wing until they could get rid.

We have played him as a "10" at times, under both Garner and Holden. 
  • He will probably have championship interest but I think Anfernee Dijksteel will be on the move this summer. Would fit in at RWB or RCB in our 3-5-2
  • edited July 2023
    RC_CAFC said:
    I am absolutely sure that if you stick a fit Camara into that midfield, they’re comfortably a top 6 trio in this league one. They have everything between them: Energy, tenacity, skill, passing, some goals and tackling. If we can find two fit, fast, footballing wing backs to play either side and a partner for May (Leaburn isn’t fit for the start of the season), we will definitely be top 6 going forward.
    I would agree with that. I think Dack would be a good signing and we could even play him instead of the extra striker. We do need some striking cover though.
  • @sam3110 @bolloxbolder

They play different roles, but Fraser is better at what he does than Dobson does. 

If we are talking energy and as a defensive minded midfielder then there is no contest, but when you look at other midfielders qualities (which are imperative) such as ball control, awareness, carrying the ball, passing range, attacking influence, footballer IQ, then there is no contest. 

Stats don't tell the whole story but they can give an insight, to say Fraser is nowhere near Dobson's performance levels is a very dramatic comment