Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• I’m surprised at the lack of Bradley Dack movement for anyone, feels like the type that needs a full pre season to get going.  
  • I can’t be the only one following this who doesn’t really register any of these names, or can’t remember ever seeing them play, am I ? 

My football knowledge these days is shocking 

I am the same although Camera did stand out for Plymouth in the FA Cup game againt us during lockdown. 
  • I’m surprised at the lack of Bradley Dack movement for anyone, feels like the type that needs a full pre season to get going.  
    Will end up like when we signed Ben Reeves, took months to “get up to speed” but just struggled to be as good as he was made out to be. 

Wonder if his 2 major injuries are putting people off a bit and he'll sign a 1yr "prove you're properly fit" deal towards the end of the window somewhere in the championship. I know he was fit for most of last season but doesn't seem to have been a regular starter for Blackburn. 
  • I can’t be the only one following this who doesn’t really register any of these names, or can’t remember ever seeing them play, am I ? 

Two things keep me up to date, my lad who seems to know every player down to National League (blame Football Manager) and my playing FIFA with Team of the Week and lower league Team of the Seasons you pick up a fair bit of information on lower league players. 
  • edited July 2023
    MarcusH26 said:
    Smith and Camara as first signings would be a big statement! Can't even remember who the first Sandgaard signing was, Watson? Famewo? 
    #1 Ben Watson
    #2 Akin Famewo
    #3 Marcus Maddison
    #4 Chris Gunter
    #5 Omar Bogle
    I mean at the time Maddison was considered a bit of a statement as was Ben Watson as I seem remember Cawley at the time thinking this was a real big coup for us(eyebrow raiser I think was the exact phrase he used)  :)
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I’m surprised at the lack of Bradley Dack movement for anyone, feels like the type that needs a full pre season to get going.  

Wonder if his 2 major injuries are putting people off a bit and he'll sign a 1yr "prove you're properly fit" deal towards the end of the window somewhere in the championship. I know he was fit for most of last season but doesn't seem to have been a regular starter for Blackburn. 
    Perhaps that’s just it, he’s holding out for one last long term deal but isn’t having much luck.

I find watching the EFL highlights show really helps. Even then it's goalscorers and creators who stand out more, rather than the midfield general who does all the essential hoovering up which doesn't make the highlight reels!
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    Smith and Camara as first signings would be a big statement! Can't even remember who the first Sandgaard signing was, Watson? Famewo? 
    Wasn't it technically Washington and Gilbey?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

That whole summer was absolutely chaotic so I don't really remember properly who was in charge when Washington signed 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

That whole summer was absolutely chaotic so I don't really remember properly who was in charge when Washington signed 

Sure it was ESI still as we was under an emargo and had to beg to get them through. 
  • Dack’s in talks with Sunderland , Mowbray a big fan of his 
    Sounds like he’s signing a new one deal at Blackburn with a pay cut 
  • edited July 2023
    MarcusH26 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Sure it was ESI still as we was under an emargo and had to beg to get them through. 
    Yeah we signed them on the 13th August...

First Court Case where we initially thought we'd got away with no injunction was the 1st September.

Sandgaard purchased the club on 25th September
  • edited July 2023
    Dack’s in talks with Sunderland , Mowbray a big fan of his 
    With Fraser and Dobson in midfield I think we need someone with the legs to get box to box and regularly start games like Cullen did for Bowyer’s team. I would guess at his age and after his injuries Dack probably isn’t that player, taking a chance on Camera would make more sense to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Unfair to criticise the first Sandgaard signings, as there was so little time left to bring in players, and many of the main targets will have gone already.
    Just outside the play offs by the end of that season as well.

All went downhill after that. 
  • ButtleJR said:
    Camara has just posted a story with his agent in tower bridge on his Instagram. 

Shunned the Oxo Tower
  • sam3110 said:
    If we are gonna build a midfield and we can't get Dobson and Fraser to work together, I would pick Fraser any day of the week. 

He's a victim of being surrounded by players not up to his technical ability, he was far more consistent in midfield than Dobson last season and even looked like his energy levels had risen, I feel like if you stick Dobbo in most sides he's gonna do a job cause he has a good engine and can put in a tackle. 

When you look at Dobson though all of his highlights are recovering a players mistake or his own (barring the Ipswich goal of course and the nutmeg). Dobson needs to show more for me this season, needs to control that midfield more and be a proper anchor, right now he's not top 6 standard, Fraser looks more likely to drive us that way.
    Horseshit
    If only u had been more aggressive with that fam...  

Sorry, couldn't resist :)
  • ButtleJR said:
    Camara has just posted a story with his agent in tower bridge on his Instagram. 

He’ll be staying in Matt Southall’s flat 
    Curled up on the floor where the bed used to be?

• Looks like we are going to miss out on Smith
  • Not surprised Smith is going back to Reading to be honest.