Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Leuth said:
    Wouldn't Camara only be for 6 months? Not ideal building a team around someone who's off halfway through the season, good as he is 
    You’d expect most loans to have a recall option in January and although it’s not ideal realistically we’re always going to bring at least a couple of loans in.
  • Surely Camara would be a season long loan at least? Obviously we'd need cover for AFCON in January/ Feb but I don't see that as a major issue 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Surely Camara would be a season long loan at least? Obviously we'd need cover for AFCON in January/ Feb but I don't see that as a major issue 
    He only has 12 months left on his contract, unless they have an option.  I surprised they are loaning him out at all, you would think they would want some of their money back.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Surely Camara would be a season long loan at least? Obviously we'd need cover for AFCON in January/ Feb but I don't see that as a major issue 
    He only has 12 months left on his contract, unless they have an option.  I surprised they are loaning him out at all, you would think they would want some of their money back.

Ah I wasn't aware he only had a year left this makes more sense to be a permanent or a loan that gets converted in January 
  • TelMc32 said:
    CafcSCP said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Not surprised Smith is going back to Reading to be honest. 
    Didn’t they think they had Clare until Wigan stepped in?
    That all went through just before they had their embargo lifted. If Sean had waited a couple of days, he probably would have had a choice to make.
    They wouldn't have wanted him after the takeover...
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Believe they do have a 1 year option on him.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Believe they do have a 1 year option on him.
    That makes a loan more sensible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pigot to Gillingham ?
  • Got a feeling Camara may be more trouble than he's worth. Hope we don't sign him.
  • Redhenry said:
    Different shop now, sounds as tho they mean business
    Us or Wigan?
  • Pigot to Gillingham ?
    Be a good move for both. Would have personally considered him as back up to Leaburn. Look forward to seeing how Gills fair this season.
  • edited July 2023
    Addick_8 said:
    @DubaiCAFC Rumours in my group chat that Camera is a perm deal as a physio at Ipswich mentioned it last week to a coach. Anything you can add/shut it down.
    Wouldn’t surprise me tbf, now they’re back in the Championship I can see them having a real go next season and I’m not sure he’d be in their plans.
  • Addick_8 said:
    @DubaiCAFC Rumours in my group chat that Camera is a perm deal as a physio at Ipswich mentioned it last week to a coach. Anything you can add/shut it down.
    Wouldn’t surprise be tbf, now they’re back in the Championship I can see them having a real go next season and I’m not sure he’d be in their plans.
    Saw that they were 5th favourites for promotion with SkyBet last night. The bookies certainly seem to be rating them highly.
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Wouldn’t surprise be tbf, now they’re back in the Championship I can see them having a real go next season and I’m not sure he’d be in their plans.
    Saw that they were 5th favourites for promotion with SkyBet last night. The bookies certainly seem to be rating them highly.
    Probably driven by their fans betting on them based on last season and their signings so far.
  • edited July 2023
    I'm not sure on the Camera signing, it feels a bit risky. He had a superb season 2021/22, scoring 4 and assisting 6, but he only played one game last season, and we all know our history with signing players that have dodgy injury records.
  • I'm not sure on the Camera signing, it feels a bit risky. He had a superb season 2021/22, scoring 4 and assisting 6, but he only played one game last season, and we all know our history with signing players that have dodgy injury records.
    We'd have to hope it was a one off given he's played 40 odd games every other season.

Whereas someone like Inniss had a record of only managing a third of a season year on year etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Camera will be a great signing, would have been great to have got Smith too but swings and roundabouts. Will hopefully sign another striker in a similar mould. 
  • Smith ✖️
    Who else is reasonably possible ?
    Nombe and Clarke-Harris would cost a fair amount of money. 
    Anyone else or will we go PL loan kid ?
  • Looking at the L2 top scorers from last season it's mainly older strikers or players that have already moved. The only one that sticks out is Luke Armstrong from Harrogate with 16 goals 
  • I liked Tyreece Simpson before he got his move to Huddersfield and then he got injured. Might be one Huddersfield are happy to let out on loan. 
  • When you consider how much money you lose being in league 1 surely it's worth splashing some dosh to go up.
  • Stephen Humphrys perhaps if Wigan are still a mess and need some cash.
    Mr Humphrys are you free?