Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Gutted we didn’t sign Sam smith, I bet a few others are, I know I’m not the only one..
    I don't think it would have worked out, he's too good at goodbyes 
  • RedRobin said:
    Can’t help but think Smith has made a mistake going there, him and May would have ripped League 1 up plus Fraser, Camara and Leaburn. Reading are starting next season on minus points. 
    Not to mention the fact that Reading are one of the most depressing clubs known to man.
  • Not too fussed about Camara being a loan but I did expect a fee on a CM. 
  • PWADDICK said:
    I don’t know how active agents are I know some might be there to make sure housing arrangements and media is complete but do you really need an agent there if your just completing a loan deal? Could it mean it’s actually a permanent transfer? 
    I'd expect my agent there, loan or permanent.

Otherwise what are you paying them for?
    Players don’t pay their agents
    Alright:

Otherwise, what are they getting paid for?
  • Mentioned it before but I  think Max Watters from Cardiff would be a decent punt for a loan signing. Likely to be down the pecking order again for Cardiff so a loan move out again on the cards.
  • PWADDICK said:
    I don’t know how active agents are I know some might be there to make sure housing arrangements and media is complete but do you really need an agent there if your just completing a loan deal? Could it mean it’s actually a permanent transfer? 

Of course agents get paid by players. The player engages an agent who works for the player. 
  • RedRobin said:
    Can’t help but think Smith has made a mistake going there, him and May would have ripped League 1 up plus Fraser, Camara and Leaburn. Reading are starting next season on minus points. 
    It was his first club .. so make a change for a player to use his heart and not his wallet when making the move .. 
  • RedRobin said:
    Not to mention the fact that Reading are one of the most depressing clubs known to man.
    Up there with Norwich. Total non-entities.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm not sure on the Camera signing, it feels a bit risky. He had a superb season 2021/22, scoring 4 and assisting 6, but he only played one game last season, and we all know our history with signing players that have dodgy injury records.
    To be fair, I don't think his injury record is quite as bad as it looks. He hurt his groin at the start of the season, had surgery on it in December and was back by March. That's not a colossal lay-off after surgery, and then by the time he was available again Ipswich were absolutely unstoppable. After 21st January they didn't lose a league match, playing 19 and winning 14 of them. There just wasn't a place for him to come back in and they'd moved a bit beyond him by then. He could have played in those matches, they just didn't need to risk playing him and upsetting their rhythm as they tried to win the title.
  • J BLOCK said:
    RedRobin said:
    Up there with Norwich. Total non-entities.
    Everyone of them not quite northern not quite southern not quite midland clubs, Peterborough, Oxford, Cambridge, not interested in the slightest.  
  • Mentioned it before but I  think Max Watters from Cardiff would be a decent punt for a loan signing. Likely to be down the pecking order again for Cardiff so a loan move out again on the cards.
    Going to Barnsley on a perm I think.
  • PWADDICK said:

Of course agents get paid by players. The player engages an agent who works for the player. 
    Players choose who their agent is but they only get paid via the club in agent fees
  • Shame we've missed out on Smith but there can't be too many complaints about the targets so far. Alfie May, Camara, Smith, it's like they've checked this forum for the most requested transfers and just gone for them all. All we need now is a bid put in for David Perkins and we'll have bingo.
  • Shame we've missed out on Smith but there can't be too many complaints about the targets so far. Alfie May, Camara, Smith, it's like they've checked this forum for the most requested transfers and just gone for them all. All we need now is a bid put in for David Perkins and we'll have bingo.
    That's not true, the most requested transfers on here are without fail ex-Charlton players.
  • edited July 2023
    Shame we've missed out on Smith but there can't be too many complaints about the targets so far. Alfie May, Camara, Smith, it's like they've checked this forum for the most requested transfers and just gone for them all. All we need now is a bid put in for David Perkins and we'll have bingo.
    That's not true, the most requested transfers on here are without fail ex-Charlton players.
    What about Darren Purse and Hayden Mullins
    😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Camara is an international, so with him and Thomas we need to find one more international to get games rearranged. If not we'll lose both (there's 4 international breaks during a season) and nothing we can do about it.
  • Camara is an international, so with him and Thomas we need to find one more international to get games rearranged. If not we'll lose both (there's 4 international breaks during a season) and nothing we can do about it.
    AMB 
  • edited July 2023
    Not too worried about losing out on Smith assuming we are already moving on to other similar targets, no idea about Camara but if Wednesday wanted him in the division above and we have nicked him then that seems a positive.

Hoping for a busier next few weeks with the new owners showing their financial power as still a lot of positions that need strengthening, especially full/wing backs.
  • PWADDICK said:
    PWADDICK said:

Players choose who their agent is but they only get paid via the club in agent fees
    And what happens when a player spends let’s say four or five seasons at one club ? Don’t they still have an agent ? Everything is negotiable. An agent might eg get a percentage of a signing on fee or a percentage of a players wages. Who is paying Leaburn agent ? Charlton ? Are they fuck. Miles has one and he’s paying.
  • If you take the kids from the squad against Leyton Orient, you dont have much if you minus the 2 likely experienced players moving on!

Does a call up for an u21 side count? If so I think we have a couple. Chin may even be off to the Asian cup  in January and Camara off to AFCON
  • follett said:
    Camara is an international, so with him and Thomas we need to find one more international to get games rearranged. If not we'll lose both (there's 4 international breaks during a season) and nothing we can do about it.

Does a call up for an u21 side count? If so I think we have a couple. Chin may even be off to the Asian cup  in January and Camara off to AFCON

I think U21s do count 
  • follett said:
    Camara is an international, so with him and Thomas we need to find one more international to get games rearranged. If not we'll lose both (there's 4 international breaks during a season) and nothing we can do about it.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-postpone-gillingham-match-due-to-international-call-ups/

Not an Under 21 call up but one of our games binned with one of the 3 called up and only played one sub appearance for the first team at the time

Good shout re Dickie Chin and maybe the young lad who played for Fiji in the Under 20’s World Cup this summer 
  • shirty5 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    On smith, we had everything agreed, but it was a straight shoot out with Reading, he chose them. We win some and you lose some. In fact, he has gone to them for less money
    Lyle Taylor joined us for less money than what he was offered by Sunderland back in 2018
    Correct, sometimes depends on where the players want to live. The odd £1000 here won’t make a difference if someone wants to live in a certain location