Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Still need another box to box midfielder. Games are won and lost in midfield.
    Need someone who can orchestrate things. Fraser is the closest we have but I’m still not convinced he’s the metronome we need. Perhaps with Dobson and Camara he’ll become that player. Very difficult to dominate games without a really good midfield.
  • ross1 said:
    Ipswich have said Camara will join us on loan when takeover completed 
    Where’s that?
  • ross1 said:
    Thought he trained today at Sparrows 
  • ross1 said:
    Bit of a risk from them seeing at takeover not confirmed and he trained with us today. 
  • ross1 said:
    Not on their Twitter 
  • Scoham said:
    ross1 said:
    Where’s that?
    TWTD.co.uk
  • It’s from an article, sounded more a guess than fact.
  • Nothing official from Ipswich. It just says according to Charlton sources he’ll be signing on loan once the takeover is done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah from an article, even says “according to sources from Charlton” so nothing said from Ipswich at all 
  • ross1 said:
    Scoham said:
    ross1 said:
    Where’s that?
    TWTD.co.uk
    The equivalent of this forum then
  • ross1 said:
    Scoham said:
    ross1 said:
    Where’s that?
    TWTD.co.uk
    like saying it was confirmed on Charlton Life.
  • Camara on Instagram… anyone recognise the tree line out the back window? 😅

He's actually just left the Peterborough training ground, but his agent photoshopped in an image of Sparrows Lane to  

Yeah right
  • ross1 said:
    Imagine new owners will want to announce takeover before any signings so they get the credit
  • PWADDICK said:
    ross1 said:
    Imagine new owners will want to announce takeover before any signings so they get the credit
    I would think that the credit would be going to the right people then (whoever they may be).
  • Not a rumour but reading down that a LB/LWB is needed and quite agree. Would love Sess back like others but an upgrade to Sess is Scott Malone, been released by Millwall and will obviously have Championship interest but that would be an absolutely amazing signing if we could somehow convince him to stay on the South side of the river.
  • PWADDICK said:
    ross1 said:
    You mean so they can pick up all the agents bills? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Not a rumour but reading down that a LB/LWB is needed and quite agree. Would love Sess back like others but an upgrade to Sess is Scott Malone, been released by Millwall and will obviously have Championship interest but that would be an absolutely amazing signing if we could somehow convince him to stay on the South side of the river.
    I think he is on trial at gillingham 
  • nagAddick said:
    Not a rumour but reading down that a LB/LWB is needed and quite agree. Would love Sess back like others but an upgrade to Sess is Scott Malone, been released by Millwall and will obviously have Championship interest but that would be an absolutely amazing signing if we could somehow convince him to stay on the South side of the river.
    Under Neil Harris that makes sense 
    He’s a decent player but I’m not sure he’s the profile we are looking for. Probably want someone younger and quicker, Holden seems to like plenty of pace in his teams 
  • edited July 2023
    nagAddick said:
    Not a rumour but reading down that a LB/LWB is needed and quite agree. Would love Sess back like others but an upgrade to Sess is Scott Malone, been released by Millwall and will obviously have Championship interest but that would be an absolutely amazing signing if we could somehow convince him to stay on the South side of the river.
    Under Neil Harris that makes sense 
    Mmmm🤔...Wonder if Mrs Harris is aware of this...🙄
  • 37 but I’d try and get Billy Sharp on board.
    He’s squad level but can win or save matches from the bench. His footballing brain and finishing are miles above lge 1 level.
  • Camara on Instagram… anyone recognise the tree line out the back window? 😅

He's actually just left the Peterborough training ground, but his agent photoshopped in an image of Sparrows Lane to fool everyone.

Just after this was taken he jumps out his car, does a little dance and sings 'I've sold my car'.

• ross1 said:
    It isn't hard to work this one out. Ipswich wouldn't have agreed the move unless the takeover was basically done. The new owners want to annouce Camara in their first press conference and have asked Ipswich to give that line. Camara has signed and has posted pictures on the training ground. It is a confirmation the takeover has happened. 
  • ross1 said:
    It isn't hard to work this one out. Ipswich wouldn't have agreed the move unless the takeover was basically done. The new owners want to annouce Camara in their first press conference and have asked Ipswich to give that line. Camara has signed and has posted pictures on the training ground. It is a confirmation the takeover has happened. 
    Except Ipswich haven't confirmed it.

What you say is probably correct re new owners wanting it held back but nothing on the Ipswich OS only a report on a fan website.
  • edited July 2023
    Well that is the point I have made, it is not going to be officially confirmed on the OS until the press conference. If Ipswich hadn't agreed the move, we wouldn't be seeing the photos we have been. I am in no doubt Camara will be a Charlton player next season.