Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Assume our midfield 3 will be Dobson, Camara and Fraser but it’ll be interesting to see if we bring in another, how it works in reality and whether players like Anderson can challenge for a place. I don’t see any of them being as good individually as Bielik, Aribo and Cullen but hopefully they’re strong enough as a midfield 3 for us to challenge.
    I think we need to sign another top midfielder that could possibly dislodge any one of those three.
  • Cameron Brannagan is on about £12,000 a week, no way he’s moving to another L1 club 
    12k a week at Oxford, surely not?
  • Cameron Brannagan is on about £12,000 a week, no way he’s moving to another L1 club 
    Was from a parody twitter account
  • Fraser's professional career reads 291 games played, 49 goals scored , so roughly 1 in 6 or 8 goals over a 46 game season.

So last season was about right.

If he can do it again this season when we'll have better quality strikers and a more dominant midfield adopting a higher press, I'll be happy.
  • Definitely think we need one more midfielder. Camara might miss games due to internationals and AFCON and at the moment none of the other options look good enough for a promotion contender
  • Yeah I'd take one more quality midfield option and then get Aaron Henry a loan in League 2 to help him develop. Happy with keeping Mcgrandles for now as one of the cover options but think we need more 
  • edited July 2023
    Chunes said:
    I don't think you can call a loan a marquee signing, but he is an excellent player. 
    Let's hope he's the same player post injury. Starting to get a decent midfield set up if so
  • Sponsored links:

Yep, they absolutely shredded their wage structure to keep him. I think he’s on double what their next highest earners make.
  • edited July 2023
    As good a Camara would be, I think nothing sets the juices flowing like a big name permanent signing, and feel that could accompany the official announcement on the OS...Maybe JCH or Sess...or both would do nicely, but a perm signing or two is needed...
  • With no confirmation of the Ipswich lad joining us, I assume discussions are being held in camera.
  • As good a Camara would be, I think nothing sets the juices flowing like a big name permanent signing, and feel that could accompany the official announcement on the OS...Maybe JCH or Sess...or both would do nicely, but a perm signing or two is needed...
    Just think of that one as May. 👍 I honestly believe Camara to be an outstanding signing for us.
  • Quite ambitious by Oxford, wonder how the other players feel about it.

I have to say Cameron Brannagan is probably the best midfielder in the league, only players I've had at the same level as him in recent seasons are Camara, Pritchard and Bannan top of my head 

Be interesting to see if the new lot coming in would be targeting a player like Brannagan and be willing to pay a 5 figure weekly wage.

Who's our highest paid player in league 1 history, does anyone know? 

I heard Jorge Teixeria was on 10k plus 

• Camara is an unbelievable signing if he stays fit 
    I remember the exact same thing being said about Aneke 18 months ago. 
  • As good a Camara would be, I think nothing sets the juices flowing like a big name permanent signing, and feel that could accompany the official announcement on the OS...Maybe JCH or Sess...or both would do nicely, but a perm signing or two is needed...
    Sess wouldn't really get my juices flowing. I like him but he's too injury prone to get that excited about
  • sam3110 said:
    Scoham said:
    Assume our midfield 3 will be Dobson, Camara and Fraser but it’ll be interesting to see if we bring in another, how it works in reality and whether players like Anderson can challenge for a place.
    Too soon for Anderson IMO.

I would love another midfielder ahead of Fraser to be honest, one in the Conor Gallagher mould, a proper goal-scoring midfielder, something Fraser doesn't quite do enough if you ask me
    Fraser scored 9 from central midfield for us last season, don't think you will find many CM's that score more than that at this level.
    You may well be right, but he's not going to play CM this season, he'll be expected to be the number 10 behind the strikers but advanced of Camara and Dobson. Hopefully playing further forward he'll get more goals, but for us to be pushing promotion he needs to get 15 goals ideally, especially if we're playing wingbacks all season instead of wingers, suddenly that number 10 is the one expected to get the most goals behind the 2 strikers
  • With no confirmation of the Ipswich lad joining us, I assume discussions are being held in camera.
    He already joined on season long loan trained yesterday and today with the squad 
    He already joined on season long loan trained yesterday and today with the squad 
    Why no announcement then
  • Sponsored links:

Why no announcement then
    Donchya know, it's a secret.

• Scoham said:
    Assume our midfield 3 will be Dobson, Camara and Fraser but it’ll be interesting to see if we bring in another, how it works in reality and whether players like Anderson can challenge for a place. I don’t see any of them being as good individually as Bielik, Aribo and Cullen but hopefully they’re strong enough as a midfield 3 for us to challenge.
    Big test to see if Fraser can step up and deliver this season.  I’ve been very disappointed by him to date and if we get Camara and he can stay fit and have the impact many say he can, then we have two very good players in him and Dobson.  In my mind that leaves the Scottish Pirlo, or whatever stupid name he’s been given (it’s absolutely cringe based on his time with us), very little room left to hide.  Fraser has to show what he’s about this season, no excuses 
  • edited July 2023
    Maybe Camara is a replacement for Dobson, not an addition.
  • edited July 2023
    With no confirmation of the Ipswich lad joining us, I assume discussions are being held in camera.
    Why no announcement then
    They're probably trying to workout how to take pictures, and do a video of Camara... Usually you use one of those, to capture the content.
  • Camara is an unbelievable signing if he stays fit 
    I remember the exact same thing being said about Aneke 18 months ago. 
    players get injured. We all know the Aneke situation but to imply the same about Camara is unfair. Other than the odd niggle he remained pretty injury free from 2017 to 2022. He then suffered one injury which he couldn't quite shake off. 
  • Depending on injuries and whatnot, if this signing happens it may be a very good idea to let Aaron Henry go to a credible club for a whole season like Camara coming to us.

• We are close to a signing for that LWB position, hopefully be done this week.
    Sess? 👀