Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• I'd be amazed if JCH didn't go to the Championship anyway. Peterborough consistently sell strikers to higher divisions.
  • Nombe? Nombe.
    I could eat him
  • Weren’t we told last week that a striker was a priority? I’m sure there’s something in the pipeline. 
    There was and it was Smith. I think we’ll be waiting on it for a few more weeks. 
  • Here’s how I see the squad taking shape and business that must be completed as a bare minimum before the season starts:

IN: LWB & ST
    OUT: Jaiyesimi, Kirk

And ones that I would like to see us get done but not expecting them necessarily to happen… maybe pick 2-3 of the four ins.

IN: another ST, RWB, CB, CM
    OUT: Payne or McGrandles

This frees up the possibility of loan moves for some of the youth as well.

Probably being overly negative but that side is too similar to last year's one for my liking which was bang average. 

Although we might be helped as the sides coming down don't look as strong as previous seasons 
  • Here’s how I see the squad taking shape and business that must be completed as a bare minimum before the season starts:

And ones that I would like to see us get done but not expecting them necessarily to happen… maybe pick 2-3 of the four ins.

Probably being overly negative but that side is too similar to last year's one for my liking which was bang average. 

Although we might be helped as the sides coming down don't look as strong as previous seasons 
    If we break it down a little further.  We were bang average over the whole season you are spot on.  However I’d say we were slightly below average first half and slightly above average second half.  

The players we’ve retained and who are likely to be in and around the XI are mainly ones who played a part in the slightly better half of the season or they’re players who performed above average over the course of the season.  I think it’s fair to say we’ve got rid of the bang average culprits, Morgan/Clare/Innis/Stockley.  
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    ValleyBen said:
    I am yet to be convinced Egbo is a top six quality full/wing back, hoping we bring in a new player for that side too.
    No need this young right back has impressed Holden a lot and I don’t think we will bring another right back in now. Wouldn’t be surprised if he is in front of Egbo
    Fingers crossed for the best then, Asiimwe looks an exciting young player, just would liked to have replaced Egbo with a higher quality option rather then rely on a youth players first ever full season. 

McGrandles and Payne you seen pre season you need these players to build a squad they are part of that not necessary first choice like Kirk keep them can't waste money replacing people you don't need to 
  • I'd be amazed if JCH didn't go to the Championship anyway. Peterborough consistently sell strikers to higher divisions.
    I am sure he’s failed to make the step up to the Champ every time he’s played there. Similar to BWP.
    Most of his Championship football was early in his career. In his most recent season there (21/22) he started slowly but still ended up with 12 goals that season, which is respectable for a relegated side.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    ValleyBen said:
    I am yet to be convinced Egbo is a top six quality full/wing back, hoping we bring in a new player for that side too.
    No need this young right back has impressed Holden a lot and I don’t think we will bring another right back in now. Wouldn’t be surprised if he is in front of Egbo
    I've not seen enough of Asiimwe to judge and I'll trust Holden's judgement but a few were saying Clayden was ready to be back up LB last season on the basis of a couple of games. Those games weren't friendlies either, it was a league and cup match. Egbo has never really played a full season so I'd be concerned if we didn't bring one in. At the very least something like Sess and Edun so the former can cover the right-side too. 
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    ValleyBen said:
    I've not seen enough of Asiimwe to judge and I'll trust Holden's judgement but a few were saying Clayden was ready to be back up LB last season on the basis of a couple of games. Those games weren't friendlies either, it was a league and cup match. Egbo has never really played a full season so I'd be concerned if we didn't bring one in. At the very least something like Sess and Edun so the former can cover the right-side too. 
    They were wrong. Clayden was never a defender. 
  • I can't remember what that's like!
  • Leuth said:
    Asiimwe is not even remotely comparable to Clayden, come on lol
    Young players trying to break into the first-team, how are they not comparable? Asiimwe wouldn't be the first, nor the last young player to make an impression in pre-season but not be ready for the first-team. Like I said, I'm not making a definitive call either way because I don't know enough about him, but going into the season with him and Egbo would be a massive risk IMO. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    ValleyBen said:
    They were wrong. Clayden was never a defender. 
    Agreed, and I said so at the time. This formation might have been slightly better for him although ultimately I don't think he's a League 1 player. 
  • I’ve been really impressed with Asiimwe in this short pre season spell, his stature, composure on the ball and agility looks really promising.