Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Seems a Clare or Thomas style player, talk of being on the right but being able to cover the middle and left of needed, and being comfortable at right and right midfield, he's a utility player who can fill in a variety of positions. I would expect him to be clear backup to Egbo and to possibly allow Asiimwe the opportunity to develop without having to play too many games as a result of squad deficiencies.

We desperately need a left-sided player in still, obviously, and I think that will happen in the next 48 hours. Striker also remains a big priority, but I think the issue is the players we're circling are on the radar of half a dozen clubs, and as we saw with Sam Smith, money isn't everything, the player needs to fit in with the squad but also choose us over anywhere else on a personal and practical level too.

Nombe is a logical choice, but if Peterborough replace JCH with him it won't surprise me, the lure of being the main striker in an exciting attacking team will be big, as will be career path that so many before him seem to enjoy coming out of there.

Clark-Harris doesn't seem like a good fit for us personality wise, but he's a goalscorer at this level, and maybe Holden feels like he can get him in and get an arm around him at the same time. 

Sharp is old as hell and doesn't have any affinity with this part of the world, so is a non starter IMO. 

Great strikers at this level are like hens teeth, I'm not sure there's anyone out there that's a better fit for us than May already was, so the other striker may need to be a bit of a punt on a lower league player or a loan from higher up
  • Has championship interest so imagine he'll be looking to start?
  • With players like Asiimwe it’s a really tricky balance with overexposing them but also want to give them game time. Just because we seemingly have a better budget doesn’t mean we should sign players for the sake of it. I’d rather see an academy player where possible.
  • Think it might be worth striker wise looking at who might be fringe around a championship squad and could be available for loan. Maybe someone like Josh Coburn from Middlesbrough who got double figures on loan last season at Bristol Rovers?
  • @Covered_End_Lad is there any update on that lwb we are after 
  • Anybody reckon we'll strike it lucky with a prem club loan?
  • seth plum said:
    Anybody reckon we'll strike it lucky with a prem club loan?
    Ronnie Moore 
  • Hope he's better than the last Watson we signed.
  • I have to say, it's quite positive that we are competing with championship sides for players rather than league 2 sides like we were previous seasons 

Can't say I know much about the player but if he's being looked at by clubs like Birmingham and Huddersfield he can't be too shabby 
    In competition for a cheap, low risk gamble. Why have a 4th division team let him go?

• Sponsored links:

• I don't really hold much stock in Watson leaving a relegated MK Dons, seems pretty standard - will just come down to if he'd rather be backup at Birmingham behind Ethan Laird or come and be a starter in L1.
  • ButtleJR said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Exeter usually drive a hard bargain too. My fear with someone like Nombe is that Peterborough will get £3-4m for JCH and despite signing Tshimanga already will come in with £1m+ for Nombe. 
    no way will JCH go for 3m, nowhere near.
    They’re asking 1.2 mill for him don’t think their get anywhere near that either ? 
    where have you got that from? I've heard he's asking at least 4/5 times that. Darragh/barry fry would try and sell the tea lady for 1.2m!

The Tea lady is so poor in League games but is excellent in the Cup 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Ferryman said:
    I have to say, it's quite positive that we are competing with championship sides for players rather than league 2 sides like we were previous seasons 

Can't say I know much about the player but if he's being looked at by clubs like Birmingham and Huddersfield he can't be too shabby 
    In competition for a cheap, low risk gamble. Why have a 4th division team let him go?

Same way we let Bauer, Aribo and Taylor go 
    We did not let any of them go .. all three decided to leave 
    That's exactly what's happened here. Thanks for enforcing @cafcfan1990's point
  • Sponsored links:

• I think shopping for a higher level of player brings its own problems. Most of the competition will be from Championship clubs or the top half a dozen in league one. It’s a must though regardless of some disappointment when they choose to go elsewhere.
    It's a skill being ambitious, but realistically ambitious. And sometimes the better players will only join you if you've already signed some of the other better players, as opposed to just promising to sign them...
  • I think shopping for a higher level of player brings its own problems. Most of the competition will be from Championship clubs or the top half a dozen in league one. It’s a must though regardless of some disappointment when they choose to go elsewhere.
    It's a skill being ambitious, but realistically ambitious. And sometimes the better players will only join you if you've already signed some of the other better players, as opposed to just promising to sign them...
    Hopefully seeing the likes of May and Camara (maybe even Hector) will have some potential players more open to an approach and see actual ambition instead of just promises.

If people like Edun etc DO sign from Championship clubs then it's going to make am impression. (Big if though.)
  • I would love for us to be in for Dijksteel - I don't think he will have as many Championship suitors as some think.
  • Sounds like a couple may be close/ready to go when the takeover happens?  Sessegnon, Edun.
  • Addick_8 said:
    Him and Bonne share the same agent...
  • Sounds like a couple may be close/ready to go when the takeover happens?  Sessegnon, Edun.
    Does it? Not seen any hints on Sess?