Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• CH4RLTON said:
    Think he might be on a wind up haha cant see it but then who knows...this windows been decent so far..🤔
  • edited July 2023
    That account had 29 followers, now 31 - it's a wind up.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    WNot what I’d call a coup. He’s 30, been playing in Turkey, not scoring much. Would see him as a decent signing but not a coup. 
  • Agree with Large. Solid signing but was hoping for a little more firepower. 
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Think he might be on a wind up haha cant see it but then who knows...this windows been decent so far..🤔
    An impressive 2 in 12....
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Oh forms been terrible but is one of those players who has scored goals before and could do so again.
    However, he will want too much money! 
  •  Dking addick said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Oh forms been terrible but is one of those players who has scored goals before and could do so again.
    He’s 30, unlikely to get a Championship gig, beggars can’t be choosers.
  • Sponsored links:

• CH4RLTON said:
    I was more pointing fun at the wording of the tweet, really tried to dramatise a very average if not poor return. I think Britt would be a great signing but not holding out much hope off a speculative tweet, let's hope 
  • Edun looks like a decent signing. Can't take Sess at LWB with people moaning about a right footed player playing on the left like it's the crime of the century. I can't bear it for another whole season. Edun obviously wasn't able to cut it at Championship level for Blackburn but hopefully he'll be able to rediscover his L1 form if he does join.

Fans/critics has noticed that we struggle when RB play at LB. Sess did ok but most struggle. Even Young Joe Gomez had his worse game for Cafc at LB. (At the valley) Solly did ok for a couple of games but even the vastly experienced Gunter looked like a fish out of water.  Purrington was the last half decent LB and his wing back play at Wembley got Cafc back into the game. A slight upgrade ( more pace !)on Ben Purr and we will be doing ok in our recruitment. 
    Alfie Doughty would fit the bill 🙄

Why would anyone not want a Wiggins or Jay Desilva type on the left ? 
    It all about balance. It's how Dobson, Camará and Fraser link up with the rest of the team which will decide if we are contenders.
    Just common sense in defensive positions to tackle with your strong leg.
    Nope.
  • I wouldnt be disappointed with Assombalonga

He'd be the perfect fourth Striker to call upon if needed.

If he can then find his scoring touch, even better
  • I wouldnt be disappointed with Assombalonga

He'd be the perfect fourth Striker to call upon if needed.

If he can then find his scoring touch, even better
    Make a fortune for letter sales on shirts aswell...
  • As good a Camara would be, I think nothing sets the juices flowing like a big name permanent signing, and feel that could accompany the official announcement on the OS...Maybe JCH or Sess...or both would do nicely, but a perm signing or two is needed...

You're easily pleased mate if Sessignon gets you going :)
  • As good a Camara would be, I think nothing sets the juices flowing like a big name permanent signing, and feel that could accompany the official announcement on the OS...Maybe JCH or Sess...or both would do nicely, but a perm signing or two is needed...

JCH is off to Coventry I think.
    That would make sense as they need a replacement for Viktor Gyokeres and have money to spend.

That would make sense as they need a replacement for Viktor Gyokeres and have money to spend.
    They just spent 8m on Ellis simms so perhaps they are looking to play two up top next season, who knows was just told he was talking to them.
  • Sponsored links:

They just spent 8m on Ellis simms so perhaps they are looking to play two up top next season, who knows was just told he was talking to them.
    Cov spending 8m? Wtf
  • Got £25m from Sporting for Gyokeres and have a new owner so I wouldn't be surprised to see them sign JCH to play with Simms 
  • So both Smith and JCH are no go. That leaves Nombe and ?
  • edited July 2023
    Here’s how I see the squad taking shape and business that must be completed as a bare minimum before the season starts:

IN: LWB & ST
    OUT: Jaiyesimi, Kirk

And ones that I would like to see us get done but not expecting them necessarily to happen… maybe pick 2-3 of the four ins.

IN: another ST, RWB, CB, CM
    OUT: Payne or McGrandles

This frees up the possibility of loan moves for some of the youth as well.

• Weren’t we told last week that a striker was a priority? I’m sure there’s something in the pipeline. 
  • Weren’t we told last week that a striker was a priority? I’m sure there’s something in the pipeline. 
    Yeah Monday last week.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-in-market-for-a-striker-signing-with-duo-both-set-to-miss-start-of-league-one-campaign/