Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Cameron Brannagan is on about £12,000 a week, no way he’s moving to another L1 club 
    12k a week at Oxford, surely not?
    Yep, they absolutely shredded their wage structure to keep him. I think he’s on double what their next highest earners make.
    It's nothing really what with Oxford getting 50,000 every home game.
  • We are close to a signing for that LWB position, hopefully be done this week.
    Edun pleaseeeeee, first proper left back thats actually left footed in about 328738859398637 years
    Another poster who exaggerates a million times too much
    Sess? 👀
    Nope, if he signs I expect him to be the RWB. Think that one might be later in the window as he has a fair amount of Championship interest so be a coup if we do get him.
    Edun? - Or someone never named?
  • Camara about to be announced on twitter
  • Just announce it on the club website. 
    If the deal has been completed as some are saying ,just announce it ffs.
  • Sponsored links:

Sess? 👀
    Nope, if he signs I expect him to be the RWB. Think that one might be later in the window as he has a fair amount of Championship interest so be a coup if we do get him.
    Edun? - Or someone never named?
    Wasn't given the name but was told he is currently at another club so will be a fee or a loan. Edun would fit the desciption.

• Wonder if Camara will get a run out tonight, after all, he has played some pre season stuff with Ipswich...
  • If we can get Edun, along with another RB and Striker this is a great window on paper
    Edun, Sess, Striker & an attacking midfielder would be lovely 
  • Any idea how much this would cost across the back (entire) of a replica shirt..?

Adetayo Oluwatosin Olusegun Adio Aduramigba Iretioluwa Edun

That is one impressively long name. 

Would be another positive sign, hope this happens too.

A rumours thread which keeps on giving at the minute 💪🏻
  • Posh sign Kioso from Rotherham, would have been a good option for RWB.
  • Sponsored links:

• Looking at Camara's career i have to say i'm underwhelmed. There is no way he can be called a marquee signing.
    Is that purely stat based?
    Yep
  • Quite ambitious by Oxford, wonder how the other players feel about it.

I have to say Cameron Brannagan is probably the best midfielder in the league, only players I've had at the same level as him in recent seasons are Camara, Pritchard and Bannan top of my head 

Be interesting to see if the new lot coming in would be targeting a player like Brannagan and be willing to pay a 5 figure weekly wage.

Who's our highest paid player in league 1 history, does anyone know? 

I heard Jorge Teixeria was on 10k plus 

Crazy to think that Jack Rodwell and Lee Cattermole were on 70k and 60k as they dropped down the divisions to the 3rd tier back in 2018. 
    Cattermole definitely took a pay cut in League 1 but Jack Rodwell who has been playing in Australia over the last two seasons may have gone out on loan from Sunderland. 
    Didn't watch it myself but I believe his fall from grace was shown on the infamous fly on the wall documentary.
  • Quite ambitious by Oxford, wonder how the other players feel about it.

I have to say Cameron Brannagan is probably the best midfielder in the league, only players I've had at the same level as him in recent seasons are Camara, Pritchard and Bannan top of my head 

Be interesting to see if the new lot coming in would be targeting a player like Brannagan and be willing to pay a 5 figure weekly wage.

Who's our highest paid player in league 1 history, does anyone know? 

I heard Jorge Teixeria was on 10k plus 

Crazy to think that Jack Rodwell and Lee Cattermole were on 70k and 60k as they dropped down the divisions to the 3rd tier back in 2018. 
    Cattermole definitely took a pay cut in League 1 but Jack Rodwell who has been playing in Australia over the last two seasons may have gone out on loan from Sunderland. 
    Didn't watch it myself but I believe his fall from grace was shown on the infamous fly on the wall documentary.
    Sort of.

They asked him to take a paycut/payoff to help the club, then the CEO (Bain, not Methven) got a call from his agent saying no thanks, he'd rather get paid what was in the contract.

Can't blame him, to be honest - Sunderland weren't going under or anything which might have been different.
  • edited July 2023
    Signing May and Camara (and Lloyd Jones) shows intent, and let's hope there are more in the pipeline.
    I'd like to see another creative midfielder to provide assists and goals, but one who'd be a better option than Fraser. That's asking a lot because Fraser is decent, but that's what you have to do to get promoted.
    Fraser (arguably) tends to go missing at times, but would be a great option from the bench. In fact having better competition for that slot than Payne might motivate him. And I don’t mind Payne on the bench either. 
    But I'm certainly happier with summer signings so far than I've been in recent seasons, and seeing the back of Sangaard can hopefully allow us to move forward.
  • Wonder if Camara will get a run out tonight, after all, he has played some pre season stuff with Ipswich...
    Don't see why not. He's fit and it's a friendly where you can field trialist. Look forward to seeing him (please don't get injured)
  • edited July 2023
    KettsJohn said:
    Wonder if Camara will get a run out tonight, after all, he has played some pre season stuff with Ipswich...
    Don't see why not. He's fit and it's a friendly where you can field trialist. Look forward to seeing him (please don't get injured)
    May didn't play in the game the day after signing

So I'd be surprised to see Camara involved today.

Can leave him out, and get him involved on Saturday with no issues... Seeing tonight is against better opposition I imagine we'll see 60mins from those who started vs Leyton Orient, which was the stronger of the two squads.

Camara has only played 45mins so far, of pre-season so he can relax against lesser opposition on Saturday with the advantage of just building up further minutes.

I fully expect to be wrong though lol!
  • Edun looks like a decent signing. Can't take Sess at LWB with people moaning about a right footed player playing on the left like it's the crime of the century. I can't bear it for another whole season. Edun obviously wasn't able to cut it at Championship level for Blackburn but hopefully he'll be able to rediscover his L1 form if he does join.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Signing May and Camara (and Lloyd Jones) shows intent, and let's hope there are more in the pipeline.
    I'd like to see another creative midfielder to provide assists and goals, but one who'd be a better option than Fraser. That's asking a lot because Fraser is decent, but that's what you have to do to get promoted.
    Fraser (arguably) tends to go missing at times, but would be a great option from the bench. In fact having better competition for that slot than Payne might motivate him.
    But I'm certainly happier with summer signings so far than I've been in recent seasons, and seeing the back of Sangaard can hopefully allow us to move forward.
    Next one will be LWB possibly this week 
  • I've just heard from the previous post that the next possible signing will be a LWB, could happen this week.