Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• It makes sense, probably wanting to use a new signing to boost the initial popularity of the takeover 
  • Didn’t jbaker post that he’d been told that announcements were being put back ? I’d have thought this was to coordinate takeover with signings. Perhaps it was expected yesterday but now both moved for maximum impact ?
  • NabySarr said:
    It makes sense, probably wanting to use a new signing to boost the initial popularity of the takeover 
    Lol. It's as though you anticipate trouble ahead  ;)
  • edited July 2023
    NabySarr said:
    It makes sense, probably wanting to use a new signing to boost the initial popularity of the takeover 
    Sure. Does no harm. Besides, it's already popular except for the usual bed wetters.
  • Major said:
    NabySarr said:
    Anything wrong with that? Besides, it's already popular except for the usual bed wetters.
    Not at all. Camara is a great signing so I can see why they want him to be known as the first signing of the new regime as a bit of a statement. Methven is a PR man so just saying it’s not surprising he wants to delay the signing announcement 
  • Makes complete sense to announce the Takeover and then Camara , wonder if it will just be Camara or if there's someone else lined up too. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Makes complete sense to announce the Takeover and then Camara , wonder if it will just be Camara or if there's someone else lined up too. Just our luck, no takeover news and Camara signs for Peterborough 😞
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Makes complete sense to announce the Takeover and then Camara , wonder if it will just be Camara or if there's someone else lined up too. 
    Well the messages said announcements and Dubai said they other day could have  3 out of the 5 so camera one smith the other which fell through so could be sess 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Makes complete sense to announce the Takeover and then Camara , wonder if it will just be Camara or if there's someone else lined up too. 
    Well the messages said announcements and Dubai said they other day could have  3 out of the 5 so camera one smith the other which fell through so could be sess 

Sess would be a fantastic addition. Would be very happy with him or Edun 
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Need both
  • MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

I’m greedy and want both 
  • Both the full backs mentioned, Camara and a new forward and “we are cooking”.

• MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Need both
    Both would be the ideal situation :) 
  • edited July 2023
    MarcusH26 said:
    Think it was just the two at that time, and Smith is obviously a no go now, so I'd say just Camara.

Sessegnon (if he was one if the 3 mentioned) came across to me as an 'at some point this summer' rather than being done.
  • NabySarr said:
    Major said:
    NabySarr said:
    Anything wrong with that? Besides, it's already popular except for the usual bed wetters.
    Not at all. Camara is a great signing so I can see why they want him to be known as the first signing of the new regime as a bit of a statement. Methven is a PR man so just saying it’s not surprising he wants to delay the signing announcement 
    A good signing, but I'm not sure any loan signing makes much of a statement. Alfie May was much more of a statement, albeit before the takeover 
  • So is a loan from Ipswich the marquee signing?

Good player but surely that can't be it?!

That will have been Alfie May surely?

Dubai said the other day that the takeover will be announced along with a big name signing (or words to that effect).
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2023
    So is a loan from Ipswich the marquee signing?

Dubai said the other day that the takeover will be announced along with a big name signing (or words to that effect).
    Ah I see your point... Ipswich signed him last year for £500k... you cant give up on an investment like that after one season

Not when injuries have been involved
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    CafcSCP said:
    37 but I’d try and get Billy Sharp on board.
    He’s squad level but can win or save matches from the bench. His footballing brain and finishing are miles above lge 1 level.
    Absolutely zero chance of him moving to London.

You know him well then? drink in your local? :)
  • Didn’t jbaker post that he’d been told that announcements were being put back ? I’d have thought this was to coordinate takeover with signings. Perhaps it was expected yesterday but now both moved for maximum impact ?
    He withdrew that comment and then said it will be today 
  • Redhenry said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CafcSCP said:
    He’s squad level but can win or save matches from the bench. His footballing brain and finishing are miles above lge 1 level.

Not far off.
  • I don’t even know who Camara is so googled and was pleased to see he was out injured all of last season , the perfect fit 
    He was only injured first part of last season after that with Ipswich doing well he found it hard to get a run in the team.. He played well over 100 games for Crawley and Plymouth and starred this season with a goal in Ipswich pre season 

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Redhenry said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    CafcSCP said:

Not far off.
    Fair play :)
  • We're putting a decent squad together. Helps that we're no longer relying on free agents from L2!