Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Valley11 said:
    JCH and May would be the basis for shot at promotion
    If he has one year left on his deal and the new owners have some cash then it could happen I guess
    Unfortunately he doesn't pass the no dickhead test.
  • Smithy said:
    Speaking to some Exeter supporting family and they reckon they’d be asking £1m-£1.25m for Nombe…
    I think that similar to what Peterborough will end up asking for Clarke-Harris as his contract is up next summer. I think both will end up going for less.

Exeter are under no pressure to sell for a low price. Peterborough will have a much higher wage bill and one way or another will need a return on JCH.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Smithy said:
    Smithy said:
    Speaking to some Exeter supporting family and they reckon they’d be asking £1m-£1.25m for Nombe…
    I think that similar to what Peterborough will end up asking for Clarke-Harris as his contract is up next summer. I think both will end up going for less.

Exeter are under no pressure to sell for a low price. Peterborough will have a much higher wage bill and one way or another will need a return on JCH.
    The trick isn't to buy JCH it's to buy the player Peterborough plan on buying to replace JCH before they do.
    They probably already have him: Kabongo Tshimanga - Another one that Sage suggested we look at when he was @ Chesterfield

That's one thing Posh do brilliantly , they're always one move ahead and have their replacements done before they sell anyone. 
  • Where has all these JCH rumours come from, has he asked for a transfer?
    Transfer listed, as per Posh's policy of listing anyone entering the final year of their contract. 
    He’s been put on the transfer list by Peterboro because they want some cash on him and he’s going into the last year of his contract. Would far rather splash out on Collins than him.
  • We're about to sign.............

I think we'll sign another striker, just not all these "star" names that are being bandied about. 

Likely to be an old lag or young loanee. 
  • What "Old lag" would people look at for us to sign? Only one I can think of off the top of my head is Billy Sharp but think 37 may be just a little too old.
  • Sponsored links:

• What "Old lag" would people look at for us to sign? Only one I can think of off the top of my head is Billy Sharp but think 37 may be just a little too old.
    No chance he moves to London either.
  • In terms of who's on Transfermarkt as free agents 

Benik Afobe
    Lucas João
    Britt Assombalonga
    Sean Maguire
    Chris Martin

Are the main ones that stick out if it was an experienced EFL option people wanted up top 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Where has all these JCH rumours come from, has he asked for a transfer?
    Transfer listed, as per Posh's policy of listing anyone entering the final year of their contract. 
    RC_CAFC said:
    Where has all these JCH rumours come from, has he asked for a transfer?
    He’s been put on the transfer list by Peterboro because they want some cash on him and he’s going into the last year of his contract. Would far rather splash out on Collins than him.
    Ok, thanks, but not specifically linked to us?

• MarcusH26 said:
    In terms of who's on Transfermarkt as free agents 

Benik Afobe
    Lucas João
    Britt Assombalonga
    Sean Maguire
    Chris Martin

Are the main ones that stick out if it was an experienced EFL option people wanted up top 
    I’ve not really seen much of Chris Martin recently but I used to really like him, proper pain in the ass striker that you’d love playing for you but hate playing against. 
  • MarcusH26 said:

Benik Afobe
    Lucas João
    Britt Assombalonga
    Sean Maguire
    Chris Martin

I’ve not really seen much of Chris Martin recently but I used to really like him, proper pain in the ass striker that you’d love playing for you but hate playing against. 
    Joao used to be a right handful and could be decent foil for May if he can still play
  • MarcusH26 said:

Benik Afobe
    Lucas João
    Britt Assombalonga
    Sean Maguire
    Chris Martin

Fun fact... Dean Holden signed him for Bristol City
  • MarcusH26 said:

Benik Afobe
    Lucas João
    Britt Assombalonga
    Sean Maguire
    Chris Martin

4 in 16 for QPR last season from January, wouldn't be a bad squad option. 
  • MarcusH26 said:

Benik Afobe
    Lucas João
    Britt Assombalonga
    Sean Maguire
    Chris Martin

Afobe the one that jumps out of that lot as a potential. Local to the area and just finished at Milwall having done ok when fit. but there is always the risk with him that he just joins Chuks in treatment room one.
  • Joao is 30 soon but had a decent enough record at Reading (42 goals in 116 games) to suggest he'd be very useful in league one.

But they signed him for 5m and he'd have been on very good money, so i can't imagine him dropping into league one. I imagine he will probably move abroad if there are no Championship level takers.
  • MarcusH26 said:

Benik Afobe
    Lucas João
    Britt Assombalonga
    Sean Maguire
    Chris Martin

Fun fact... Dean Holden signed him for Bristol City
    Interesting. Could be ideal as cover for the injured Leaburn.
  • Sponsored links:

I wouldn't be looking to sign any old lag.....but I'd be very surprised if we sign Nombe, Smith or JCH. They will want to play every game & with May & Leaburn already the front 2 I don't think they'd want to sit on the bench. Man City & Liverpool can do it....sadly we cant.
  • Talal said:
    What "Old lag" would people look at for us to sign? Only one I can think of off the top of my head is Billy Sharp but think 37 may be just a little too old.
    I wouldn't be looking to sign any old lag.....but I'd be very surprised if we sign Nombe, Smith or JCH. They will want to play every game & with May & Leaburn already the front 2 I don't think they'd want to sit on the bench. Man City & Liverpool can do it....sadly we cant.
    I don't see why Leaburn is guaranteed to start. He'll be out at the beginning so if someone decent comes in and forms a good partnership with May, surely Leaburn would just have to wait. 
    Spot on.  There'll be a chance for any striker that signs now to cement a place.

Maybe they keep Leaburn out, maybe they play better than May and Leaburn comes in for him.

Or given it's a long season, maybe 3 strikers play a lot.
  • Ideally we have 3 good forwards with varying styles. Leaburn as no 3 would be ideal in terms of managing through age and injuries. 
  • RC_CAFC said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Benik Afobe
    Lucas João
    Britt Assombalonga
    Sean Maguire
    Chris Martin

Afobe the one that jumps out of that lot as a potential. Local to the area and just finished at Milwall having done ok when fit. but there is always the risk with him that he just joins Chuks in treatment room one.
    They played for Arsenal together as well, and both nearly ended up at Barcelona 
  • edited July 2023
    Be nice if we could get Divin Mubama on loan from West Ham - Doubt it'll happen, as we cant guarantee him minutes.

27-goals in 39 youth games for them last season.

Not overly different to Kanu or Casey I know, but he's also been given Premier League minutes, and those goals have come against Cat.1 Academy teams.

He'd be the ideal "Youth" Striker on loan - Whether West Ham want to keep him for themselves this season, we'll have to see.

Edit: He's another of Sage's recommendations...
  • There is nothing wrong with signing someone seasoned. Look at Di Canio when he joined.

Ben Watson isn't a great example but if it's done right, someone like that is a great asset! 
  • MarcusH26 said:

Benik Afobe
    Lucas João
    Britt Assombalonga
    Sean Maguire
    Chris Martin

Would cost a few quid to tempt him away from Coldplay.
    Its fine... Our new away kit is... YELLOW!!