Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:
    6 goals 15 assists (most in the EFL )and he takes all their setpieces , suggests he's more of a Scotty Fraser type creator. Which we already have Payne to kind of cover for so I don't really see a role for Moxon. 
    I would be all for getting this Moxon bloke in and dropping Payne all day.

mendonca said:
    Dabo was going to be announced tomorrow too, but following a medical, he failed and transfer was off.

Edun is going to be announced tomorrow, but subject to a medical.

Moral of the story? Perhaps add some contex

He only young would not expect to be first choice yet so Henry out and this young player in 

• seth plum said:
    Surely the idea of dropping Dobson as things stand is ridiculous?
    Um. Quite!
  • Owen Moxon is 25. Was released by Carlisle and played lower leagues in Scotland before returning to Carlisle so hardly a youngster, more a player just hitting his prime. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Having a natural left footed left back is such a great addition and should make the side a lot more balanced. Striker and possibly another RB next please. 

(I'd absolutely love Owen Moxon but don't really see where he'd fit into things with the amount of CMs we currently have) 
    Loan henry out till jan to a team he will play week in week out ideally league 2 and hope he comes back a better more confident player

Then opens up a space for a player like moxen to jump in
    Sorry for jumping on your post but how does loaning Henry out free up a space?

He is "under age" so doesn't take up a squad space.  No one that would want him on loan would be in a position to pay his wages.  I hope what ever contract we gave him reflects his potential, not a current first team player.

We definitely need another midfielder and Moxon would be great.  Henry probably does need another loan. Surely these aren't dependent on each other though? 

They certainly aren't dependent enough that Henry has to go out on loan to be able to bring someone else in because there is no squad place or salary saving.  i suppose you could argue that we shouldn't let Henry go out on loan until we get someone else in but that suggests Henry was part of plan A?

As I said, sorry for jumping on your post but I think I am up to 7 players that should be loaned out, 3 of which currently play for the u12s.  That doesn't include the likes of Kirk and DJ.
    loaning out u12s is a progressive idea
    Loaning all of then out, including 1st and 2nd years isn't.  Which is my point.  I even said Henry is probably one we should be looking at loaning because he already has 2 years of u21s football under his belt.

We also shouldn't HAVE to loan a u21 player out to make room for a senior player in his position, for the reasons I stated above.

• MarcusH26 said:
    Owen Moxon is 25. Was released by Carlisle and played lower leagues in Scotland before returning to Carlisle so hardly a youngster, more a player just hitting his prime. 
    I’d also be very surprised if we pay significant fees for players not expecting to be starters.
  • BigDiddy said:
    Hi -can anyone update on long-term injuries and those coming back to the club after being loaned out?

Alarmed that Mcgrandies is anywhere near the squad and Jack Payne is not good enough.

Are we keeping Learn?
    Who the feck is Learn ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Having a natural left footed left back is such a great addition and should make the side a lot more balanced. Striker and possibly another RB next please. 

(I'd absolutely love Owen Moxon but don't really see where he'd fit into things with the amount of CMs we currently have) 
    Loan henry out till jan to a team he will play week in week out ideally league 2 and hope he comes back a better more confident player

He is "under age" so doesn't take up a squad space.  No one that would want him on loan would be in a position to pay his wages.  I hope what ever contract we gave him reflects his potential, not a current first team player.

We definitely need another midfielder and Moxon would be great.  Henry probably does need another loan. Surely these aren't dependent on each other though? 

They certainly aren't dependent enough that Henry has to go out on loan to be able to bring someone else in because there is no squad place or salary saving.  i suppose you could argue that we shouldn't let Henry go out on loan until we get someone else in but that suggests Henry was part of plan A?

As I said, sorry for jumping on your post but I think I am up to 7 players that should be loaned out, 3 of which currently play for the u12s.  That doesn't include the likes of Kirk and DJ.
    Loaning all of then out, including 1st and 2nd years isn't.  Which is my point.  I even said Henry is probably one we should be looking at loaning because he already has 2 years of u21s football under his belt.

We also shouldn't HAVE to loan a u21 player out to make room for a senior player in his position, for the reasons I stated above.

Think you might just have been wooshed. Check the age group... 
  • https://blog.betvictor.com/en-gb/sports/football/league-one-2023-24-season-preview-1-24/

Always find these interesting. Prediction has us down for 4th place behind Portsmouth, Bolton and Derby. Which I would personally take after the last three terrible seasons…

For context, last year Gab predicted we’d finish 9th. Of the three promoted sides, he predicted Plymouth to finish 2nd, Ipswich 3rd and Wednesday 7th.

The eventual top six were all inside his predicted top 8, with a couple of misses in MK Dons and Portsmouth.
    Portsmouth are one of those sides that you always expect to see challenge... But never do...
  • https://blog.betvictor.com/en-gb/sports/football/league-one-2023-24-season-preview-1-24/

Always find these interesting. Prediction has us down for 4th place behind Portsmouth, Bolton and Derby. Which I would personally take after the last three terrible seasons…

For context, last year Gab predicted we’d finish 9th. Of the three promoted sides, he predicted Plymouth to finish 2nd, Ipswich 3rd and Wednesday 7th.

The eventual top six were all inside his predicted top 8, with a couple of misses in MK Dons and Portsmouth.
    Portsmouth are one of those sides that you always expect to see challenge... But never do...
    Just like us
  • Pompey are a weird one , they've got a lot of the pieces to be contenders but never seem to put it all together. I like some of their signings like Scully and Poole and don't know a lot about a few of them. 

I'd be surprised if they weren't top 6 this season 
  • edited July 2023
    thenewbie said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Think you might just have been wooshed. Check the age group... 
    Woops 🤣🤣

Hats off Mr Large 
  • kafka said:
    https://blog.betvictor.com/en-gb/sports/football/league-one-2023-24-season-preview-1-24/

Just like us
    Apart from the fact that in the six years that Pompey have been in League One... We've been promoted ;)
  • edited July 2023
    https://blog.betvictor.com/en-gb/sports/football/league-one-2023-24-season-preview-1-24/

Interesting list, be surprised if it looks that way come end.

I don't see Lincoln getting a play off place, they weren't up to much last season and you could make a case for maybe 2-4 of the teams joining this league (from above and below) could finish above them. I can't imagine Fleetwood finishing rock bottom. Finished 13th last season and are an established league 1 side now. 

Oxford 7th? They were shocking and recruited sod all so far, also can't see Pompey finishing top, can see them starting strong as per and fading as usual but I reckon they'll be good enough for a top6 slot. Reading will also be up there, making some signings now and I can't see them finishing below sides like Lincoln and Oxford, Wycombe also look way too high for me.

I like the look of us at top4 atm though and I think that's about where we will end up. 

I'm saying Bolton are the favourites, strong squad, consistency around the camp and looked good last season. I think as the cliché goes, if you finish above them then you'll probably find you've been promoted 
  • edited July 2023
    kafka said:

Just like us
    Apart from the fact that in the six years that Pompey have been in League One... We've been promoted ;)
    This is their 10th season in a row outside the top two divisions. 10 seasons straight of the pizza cup, imagine the rants on Portsmouth life from their version of Mortimer 😂 
    And 3 years of that spent in League 2 as well. Think that would be enough to finish poor ooh ah mortimer off if we'd sunk that low.
  • Sponsored links:

I don't see Lincoln getting a play off place, they weren't up to much last season and you could make a case for maybe 2-4 of the teams joining this league (from above and below) could finish above them. I can't imagine Fleetwood finishing rock bottom. Finished 13th last season and are an established league 1 side now. 

Oxford 7th? They were shocking and recruited sod all so far, also can't see Pompey finishing top, can see them starting strong as per and fading as usual but I reckon they'll be good enough for a top6 slot. Reading will also be up there, making some signings now and I can't see them finishing below sides like Lincoln and Oxford, Wycombe also look way too high for me.

I like the look of us at top4 atm though and I think that's about where we will end up. 

I'm saying Bolton are the favourites, strong squad, consistency around the camp and looked good last season. I think as the cliché goes, if you finish above them then you'll probably find you've been promoted 
    Oxford have made some good signings and their squad is a lot better than where they finished last season. Would expect them to be back to their usual selves in flirting with the play offs but probably ending up just outside them 
  • Anybody know when Edun's medical is taking place? 
  • Is it likely Edun is announced today?

Pretty accurate tbh.

We still need full backs (maybe one less after today), a striker, and CB depth does worry me given two injuries in 3 positions and we're into Thomas and youth players.

Hopefully Elerewe and/or Mitchell prove those worries unfounded.

Josh McEachran, Ruben Rogrigues and James Thorniley are perfectly good signings for them. Rodrigues is a bit of an unknown this high up, but was tearing it up for Notts County, McEachran is a decent league 1 midfielder, and Thorniley has spent time playing in the Championship. 

I think they'll be formidable at home, but come up just short and finish 7th-10th

I think we're 3 players (hopefully 2 very soon) short of a top 4 finish, provided we don't pick up major injuries. Edun, a striker and another midfielder will go a long way in this division
  • edited July 2023
    seth plum said:
    Adetayo Oluwatosin Olusegun Adio Aduramigba Iretioluwa Edun might become the player with the longest name ever to play for us.

Seth,
    That will be a problem for those of us who suffer with Irritable Vowel Syndrome 😱

#prayforoohaah
  • mendonca said:
    Anybody know when Edun's medical is taking place? 
    "Two I'm today" or sumin like that.
    Hello fellow ITKer