Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Doesn't look like he's been involved in any of Rovers pre-season games so far. So is probably not match fit. Would probably be unlikely to feature tomorrow. Hopefully can get 45-60 against Aberdeen, but would assume at present CBT would be more likely to start against Orient.
    I think he has played some of Blackburn U21s pre-season games so shouldn’t be a million miles off
    Okay fair enough. I looked through and only saw one game by a Rovers XI that wasn't a first team fixture and he wasn't in that line up. Didn't see any other results or news about U21 games.
  • What sort of dough is Edun likely to be on?
  • edited July 2023
    Gribbo said:
    What sort of dough is Edun likely to be on?
    Sourdough?

More importantly as he has played for Fulham, Ipswich, Lincoln and Blackburn I am more interested in what he calls one of these.

• Has this been confirmed in the Plymouth Herald???
  • RedChaser said:
    I wonder if he will feature tomorrow, or if they'll be cautious with him as with our other signings.
    He should be alright tomorrow, Pat Van den Hawe’s long retired 😉.

Redchaser, I was at that match when Van den Hawe did the forearm smash in the first minute down the Jimmy Seed end.
    Was it VDH debut for Millwall and was it against Sean Newton ?

He took it out on poor old Shaun that he did not get hold of Mandy Smith the night before.
  • NabySarr said:
    Blackpool have had a 250k bid rejected for Owen Moxon at Carlisle. Would be a great player to add to our midfield options 
    To replace Morgan? He has only been there a month 😂
  • NabySarr said:
    Blackpool have had a 250k bid rejected for Owen Moxon at Carlisle. Would be a great player to add to our midfield options 
    To replace Morgan? He has only been there a month 😂
    Yeah because we bid 300k for Morgan...
  • Dabo was going to be announced tomorrow too, but following a medical, he failed and transfer was off.

Edun is going to be announced tomorrow, but subject to a medical.

Moral of the story? Perhaps add some context to the snippets.
  • edited July 2023
    Don’t remember noticing Edun play for Lincoln but he sounds promising.

Lets hope he settles in quicker than the last Lincoln star we signed in Mcgrandles
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2023
    RedChaser said:
    I wonder if he will feature tomorrow, or if they'll be cautious with him as with our other signings.
    He should be alright tomorrow, Pat Van den Hawe’s long retired 😉.

Redchaser, I was at that match when Van den Hawe did the forearm smash in the first minute down the Jimmy Seed end.
    Was it VDH debut for Millwall and was it against Sean Newton ?
    I was in the temporary West Stand and it was our side corner of the 18 yard box Jimmy Seed end IIRC. Not sure whether it was a PVdH’s debut but might well  have been if it was the 1993 fixture. If he had done that in the street he’d have been charged with ABH 😡.
  • Trigger warning for squad number sticklers: he's left back that likes wearing number 7.
    Eurgh.  Hopefully he gets assigned a number before DJ leaves!

12 is free, I think, he can have that.
  • NabySarr said:
    They are taking the piss there, he is worth at least 750k in today's market, arguably more to Carlisle. 

If we snagged him we could close up shop completely as far as midfield options go, class player and destined for the championship at least 
  • RC_CAFC said:
    At last a positive rumour, and one that sounds like a winner, even if it is Nixon...🙄
    Imagine getting his name on your shirt..
    Adetayo Oluwatosin Olusegun Adio Aduramigba Iretioluwa Edun....
    GIVE ME AN ‘A’…
    I reckon we’d only get one of those in each half 😁.
  • RedChaser said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    At last a positive rumour, and one that sounds like a winner, even if it is Nixon...🙄
    Imagine getting his name on your shirt..
    Adetayo Oluwatosin Olusegun Adio Aduramigba Iretioluwa Edun....
    GIVE ME AN ‘A’…
    I reckon we’d only get one of those in each half 😁.

I'd run out of breath.
  • Sponsored links:

• Having a natural left footed left back is such a great addition and should make the side a lot more balanced. Striker and possibly another RB next please. 

(I'd absolutely love Owen Moxon but don't really see where he'd fit into things with the amount of CMs we currently have) 
  • Edun done and announced tomorrow. 

• iamdan said:
    Edun done and announced tomorrow. 

Let’s hope so, that would be good!
  • I’ve heard @iamdan Edun done, announced tomorrow.
  • That means we can still keep kirk
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Having a natural left footed left back is such a great addition and should make the side a lot more balanced. Striker and possibly another RB next please. 

(I'd absolutely love Owen Moxon but don't really see where he'd fit into things with the amount of CMs we currently have) 
    Loan henry out till jan to a team he will play week in week out ideally league 2 and hope he comes back a better more confident player

Then opens up a space for a player like moxen to jump in
    Sorry for jumping on your post but how does loaning Henry out free up a space?

He is "under age" so doesn't take up a squad space.  No one that would want him on loan would be in a position to pay his wages.  I hope what ever contract we gave him reflects his potential, not a current first team player.

We definitely need another midfielder and Moxon would be great.  Henry probably does need another loan. Surely these aren't dependent on each other though? 

They certainly aren't dependent enough that Henry has to go out on loan to be able to bring someone else in because there is no squad place or salary saving.  i suppose you could argue that we shouldn't let Henry go out on loan until we get someone else in but that suggests Henry was part of plan A?

As I said, sorry for jumping on your post but I think I am up to 7 players that should be loaned out, 3 of which currently play for the u12s.  That doesn't include the likes of Kirk and DJ.