Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• edited July 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    JCH has scored 57 goals in his last two seasons in league 1 and people don't want him because he scored 12 goals in the championship and is too old.

Alfie May has scored 43 goals in his last two seasons in league 1 and people were threatening to riot if we didn't sign him.  He is older and has never played in the championship.

For what it's worth I wouldn't pay what Peterborough are asking for for JCH, because Peterborough are very good at selling.  

Only 4, current, players have scored 20+ league 1 goals twice.  We want a proven 20 goal a season striker, just not that one? 
    Not sure what point you're trying to make re Charlton fans?
    You say "I wouldn't pay what Peterborough are asking for JCH", but appear to be saying Charlton fans are somehow at fault for having the same opinion as you?

If May was bought for £200K/£250K I would expect most Charlton fans would be happy for us to buy JCH for £250K.
  • Still think Ladapo could become available late in the window.

Ipswich are looking to bring in a striker first and have missed out on Ellis Simms, Sam Surridge & Jerry Yates.

If they sign someone Ladapo is likely to be on the move.

Id be delighted with Ladapo (1st choice), Nombe (2nd choice) or JCH (3rd choice) but I don’t see any happening soon.

Really think we’ll be waiting for the snacks & super duper phone to come out before these guys become available/ realistically priced late in Aug.

Won’t Ipswich want to keep Ladapo as third or fourth choice?
  • Let's get Chris Iwelumo back - unfinished business 
    Last player to say that unfinished business quote was Bonne.
    That worked out well.
  • edited July 2023
    Scoham said:
    Still think Ladapo could become available late in the window.

Ipswich are looking to bring in a striker first and have missed out on Ellis Simms, Sam Surridge & Jerry Yates.

If they sign someone Ladapo is likely to be on the move.

Id be delighted with Ladapo (1st choice), Nombe (2nd choice) or JCH (3rd choice) but I don’t see any happening soon.

Really think we’ll be waiting for the snacks & super duper phone to come out before these guys become available/ realistically priced late in Aug.

Won’t Ipswich want to keep Ladapo as third or fourth choice?
    Based on rumours earlier in the summer it doesn’t seem like it.

They have a lot of goals/forwards in their squad (Chaplin, Burns, Broadhead, Aluko, Hirst) & may want Ladapo off the books if they bring in one more to…

a) Allow them to re-purpose his wages / fee on other signings / positions.

b) Cash in while they can. His value is likely to decrease in the future based on his age so they may see now as the time to move him on.
  • First and foremost I want Charlton promoted out of what is basically a crappy division and I fully understand why the owners might want only to pay fees for players who might have a resale value. The only problem with that strategy is in getting a striker. Goals cost money in every league in the world and without enough goals you ain’t going anywhere. If we have money I really hope that we see fit to get in someone who is proven. Any of those being discussed along with May and Leaburn would give us a shout in any fixture.
  • Personally I don't want JCH because of the attitude, not because of ability. Saw plenty of Peterborough fans moaning about his attitude, commitment and work rate at times last season.

I would much rather go for a better character, and someone that fits in with the dynamic Holden is trying to create. For the money they are supposedly after, potentially having someone that could be a bit of a problem in the group is not worth the risk. 

Would much rather us go for someone that seems a better team player like Nombe, Ladapo or someone else that is less likely to potentially create disharmony in the group.
  • I think we were interested when he was at Bristol Rovers as well
  • Sponsored links:

• ButtleJR said:
    From someone who has met him a few times JCH would not pass the dickhead test 😂
    Neither would half the people on this forum.

Hey! I’m not a dick head. An attention-seeking fuckw!t would probably be a description I’d answer to though

• edited July 2023
    At last a positive rumour, and one that sounds like a winner, even if it is Nixon...🙄
    Imagine getting his name on your shirt..
    Adetayo Oluwatosin Olusegun Adio Aduramigba Iretioluwa Edun....
  • So not a loan but released to join us, similar to what we did with Lavelle
  • edited July 2023
    Lets hope he passes the friggin' medical first...🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Based on user name, I think I know a poster on that site. Weird seeing I don't know anyone on here!!!
  • He signed tonight 
  • At fecking last a rumour in the rumours thread.

Now let's start talking about what formation will suit him best for the next 50 pages;)
    What a great idea rumours are not all they’re cracked up to be anyway. I’ll kick it off with wing back in a 5-3-2 or traditional full back in a 4-3-3 😉
  • It’s a small fee, not a free transfer. Less than we paid for May.
    Most likely big sell on..