Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Not signing another centre back would be pretty crazy, Hector has previous injury struggles, Jones is new and no guarantee yet he will fit in, Ness is still inexperienced in my eyes, we aren't left with much after that. 

I am curious as to what budget Holden has cause surely he doesn't believe we are safe on centre back options yet 
  • edited July 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Billy_Mix said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    CBT is fine as a winger but I'd be very worried if we were going into even the Aberdeen game with him as the main LWB option. 
    By this point I think it’s unlikely any new wing backs will start the friendlies and first game of the season, they’ll most likely be given time to settle in.
    I don't know the likes of JRS and Cullen signed and started straight away.  It surely depends if they are match fit and what our options are?

A match fit striker must start the Orient game even if they come in on the Tuesday or Wednesday of that week.  What choice have we got? 
    I don’t think we’ll see another striker join until deadline day when the likes of Exeter and Peterborough start to play ball on their asking price for Nombe and JCH respectively.
    Then we are in trouble.
    We only play 5 league games before the deadline so it's not the end of the world. If we have to wait and it means we then have 41 games with the striker we want then so be it. 

Although personally i feel we'll get someone in sooner. 
    Yann Kermorgant didn't join us til mid September of that season.  We started with BWP, Paul Hayes and the returning Jason Euell (34yo).  Turned out OK tho
    You forgot Benson!

Benson needed to play in a two 🤷🏻‍♂️
    with Hedges.🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Addick_8 said:
    Scoham said:
    Pleasing to see we even contemplated asking the question, Even though we were outpriced. Posh will be asking for an inflated fee but I must say, I respect their transfer policy.
    Completely agree! 
  • Out of contract next June this window is the only opportunity Posh have to get a decent fee. What they want will reduce as the window starts to close. If JCH is the one Dean really wants then we may have to wait a while but others will be doing the same.

However we need one in now, we can’t start the season with Kanu the only other option.
  • Scoham said:
    Always felt that was a bit of a league 1 pipe dream, the only realistic option would be Sam Nombe but even then I think Exeter will ask for too much, they usually get a good price for their players.

Reckon we will be looking at a league 2 striker or a champ/prem loan. We were so fortunate to get May for 250k, absolute snip when you think about what he could do for us this season alone 
  • Not signing another centre back would be pretty crazy, Hector has previous injury struggles, Jones is new and no guarantee yet he will fit in, Ness is still inexperienced in my eyes, we aren't left with much after that. 

I am curious as to what budget Holden has cause surely he doesn't believe we are safe on centre back options yet 
    Hector doesn’t have a history of injuries, he lost his place at Fulham and their first choice CBs stayed fit and kept their places.

We also have Thomas, though I know what you mean. Three senior CBs and three youngsters feels unbalanced, but I wouldn’t rule out one of the latter going on loan which will free up space for another senior CB to join. Perhaps one for towards the end of the window.
  • Sponsored links:

• Billy_Mix said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    CBT is fine as a winger but I'd be very worried if we were going into even the Aberdeen game with him as the main LWB option. 
    By this point I think it’s unlikely any new wing backs will start the friendlies and first game of the season, they’ll most likely be given time to settle in.
    I don't know the likes of JRS and Cullen signed and started straight away.  It surely depends if they are match fit and what our options are?

A match fit striker must start the Orient game even if they come in on the Tuesday or Wednesday of that week.  What choice have we got? 
    I don’t think we’ll see another striker join until deadline day when the likes of Exeter and Peterborough start to play ball on their asking price for Nombe and JCH respectively.
    Then we are in trouble.
    We only play 5 league games before the deadline so it's not the end of the world. If we have to wait and it means we then have 41 games with the striker we want then so be it. 

Yann Kermorgant didn't join us til mid September of that season.  We started with BWP, Paul Hayes and the returning Jason Euell (34yo).  Turned out OK tho
    The problem is that we don't have a Paul Hayes. Of course we all want another Yann, but for the system we want to play we desperately need at the minimum a Paul Hayes type, a solid 12 goals a season target man player, for May to play off, and to do the physical stuff. Start the season with "Paul Hayes" then maybe pick up "Yann" at the end of the window.
  • PWADDICK said:
    Also when Mouthall asked about Toney, even though the Posh chairman knew we had no money but went along with Mouthall
  • Billy_Mix said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Then we are in trouble.

The problem is that we don't have a Paul Hayes. Of course we all want another Yann, but for the system we want to play we desperately need at the minimum a Paul Hayes type, a solid 12 goals a season target man player, for May to play off, and to do the physical stuff. Start the season with "Paul Hayes" then maybe pick up "Yann" at the end of the window.
    Do we know how serious Leaburn’s injury is? If he’s back fairly soon we might want cover for May and a new Yann.

I’d like us to sign two strikers but with May expected to play regularly we might go for a combination of Kanu and Campbell covering him, knowing they shouldn’t need to start 20/30+ games.

Comes down to how willing the new owners are to spend or take chances on youngsters covering.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Not signing another centre back would be pretty crazy, Hector has previous injury struggles, Jones is new and no guarantee yet he will fit in, Ness is still inexperienced in my eyes, we aren't left with much after that. 

When?
    It was years ago, I should have said fitness and consistency issues. I will be surprised if he makes 40+ appearances this season. He's had a lot of moves and not really settled anywhere 
  • I'm cautiously optimistic about our season, and our signings thus far has been good imo. However Leaburn is out till September, Egbo doesn't have a great track record of injuries, Camera played 4 times last season, CBT finds it relatively hard to stay full fit across the season and that's before we get to Aneke who i'm not even considering as an option at all. The whole picture could change with some bad luck to injuries 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Not signing another centre back would be pretty crazy, Hector has previous injury struggles, Jones is new and no guarantee yet he will fit in, Ness is still inexperienced in my eyes, we aren't left with much after that. 

When?
    It was years ago, I should have said fitness and consistency issues. I will be surprised if he makes 40+ appearances this season. He's had a lot of moves and not really settled anywhere 
    To be fair to him, 15 of his moves have been loans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Peterborough must not have seen the news on our takeover, we’re minted now!
  • Not surprised that DMac wants silly money for JCH, think we'll probably be looking at other options now. 
  • Should have the LWB done in the next few days. I think it is Edun but not had that confirmed.
    Where have you heard this?
  • Should have the LWB done in the next few days. I think it is Edun but not had that confirmed.
    Where have you heard this?
    In the Garden 
  • This was about 3 weeks ago 
  • Addick_8 said:
    Scoham said:
    Pleasing to see we even contemplated asking the question, even though we were outpriced. Posh will be asking for an inflated fee but I must say, I respect their transfer policy.
    Mind games. We’re obviously interested otherwise why the comment. Posh need to get some funds in so don’t rule out JCH just yet. It’s unlikely because JCH won’t have a resale value given we’d be paying a hefty fee bit don’t rule it out.
  • Scoham said:
    Not sure how he would know what we can "afford". Sounds more like him testing the waters and trying to tempt someone to make an offer with JCH's value dropping by the day.
  • Scoham said:
    I’m getting a feeling of déjà vu!  JCH isn’t anywhere near the Toney level. Perhaps if we offer to give up our freebies for the Peterborough game that would cover it 🤷🏻‍♂️😉
  • Addick_8 said:
    Scoham said:
    Pleasing to see we even contemplated asking the question, even though we were outpriced. Posh will be asking for an inflated fee but I must say, I respect their transfer policy.
    Mind games. We’re obviously interested otherwise why the comment. Posh need to get some funds in so don’t rule out JCH just yet. It’s unlikely because JCH won’t have a resale value given we’d be paying a hefty fee bit don’t rule it out.
    the comment was in reply to a question sent in by a Charlton fan