Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• I see stoke are signing an ex academy player for 1million. 
    who?
    Junior Tchamadeu from Colchester going by Google
    Released by us in the summer of 2020. Was playing for Colchester’s first team four months later while we were pushing on with Adam Matthews and Chris Gunter.
    He's not a name that I remember from the Academy to be honest
  • PopIcon said:
    Hope we are not in for JCH. He has proven himself to be a bit sh*t above League One and if we have serious aspirations on getting out of this crap league, we need to be signing players who a) may be able to cut it in the division above and b) if not, are easily saleable. As appealing as it may initially sound, I do not see JCH as a marquee signing (unless we are going to remain in League One for years to come..!).
    No chance in a zillion years we could afford a proven Championship 20+ goal scorer.

JCH scored 12 for Posh when they were in the Championship(one more than Yann did for us) and was top scorer in L1 last season. In the unlikely event he did come to us, i'd expect him to start ahead of either May or Leaburn.

I'm interested, who would be your suggestion?
    A really difficult one to answer, but I would probably be looking at Ligue 2 and Serie B etc for 23-25 year old strikers. Josh Maja did ok in Ligue 2 last season, Lewisham born and now with a fair bit of experience under his belt. Could be riskier but has more potential to maximise.

As I said above though fair point on JCH, if we can afford him. 
    Absolutely zero chance of us signing Josh Maja - way too good (expensive) for us
    who?
    Released by us in the summer of 2020. Was playing for Colchester’s first team four months later while we were pushing on with Adam Matthews and Chris Gunter.
    He's not a name that I remember from the Academy to be honest

Was released at 15 so probably not someone anyone would have really heard about 
    who?
    What time will someone post asking if we will get a sell on fee 🙄
  • nagAddick said:
    He scored 12 goals in a poor Peterborough team in the championship in 21/22 , that’s not bad 
    Bonne scored 11 for us when we got relegated.

Not saying JCH is that bad, just that stats don't tell you everything.
  • PopIcon said:
    Hope we are not in for JCH. He has proven himself to be a bit sh*t above League One and if we have serious aspirations on getting out of this crap league, we need to be signing players who a) may be able to cut it in the division above and b) if not, are easily saleable. As appealing as it may initially sound, I do not see JCH as a marquee signing (unless we are going to remain in League One for years to come..!).
    No chance in a zillion years we could afford a proven Championship 20+ goal scorer.

JCH scored 12 for Posh when they were in the Championship(one more than Yann did for us) and was top scorer in L1 last season. In the unlikely event he did come to us, i'd expect him to start ahead of either May or Leaburn.

A really difficult one to answer, but I would probably be looking at Ligue 2 and Serie B etc for 23-25 year old strikers. Josh Maja did ok in Ligue 2 last season, Lewisham born and now with a fair bit of experience under his belt. Could be riskier but has more potential to maximise.

Maja is an interesting one, but no way we could afford his wages. He'd certainly be on more than 10k p/w at Bordeaux. I expect a Championship team will take a punt on him.

I have absolutely no idea who our highest earner is, but i'd be suprised if they were on more than 8k p/w.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    JCH has scored 57 goals in his last two seasons in league 1 and people don't want him because he scored 12 goals in the championship and is too old.

Alfie May has scored 43 goals in his last two seasons in league 1 and people were threatening to riot if we didn't sign him.  He is older and has never played in the championship.

For what it's worth I wouldn't pay what Peterborough are asking for for JCH, because Peterborough are very good at selling.  

Only 4, current, players have scored 20+ league 1 goals twice.  We want a proven 20 goal a season striker, just not that one? 
    This is the key to me.

Peterborough were after £2m odd for Maddison 6 months before he left for free, I don't think they'll be asking a reasonable amount for JCH.
  • edited July 2023
    Why is there absolutely feck all rumours and only endless repetitive discussions on JCH?

Jeezus you guys can go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on, repeat and rinse.

Ps. I'm fecked off by the way.
  • Excl: English fullback Henry Lawrence is set to sign as new Standard Liége player on free transfer after leaving Chelsea 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Deal agreed and set to be sealed for the 2001 born talented RB to try new experience in Belgium. pic.twitter.com/HhrsUAIUAl

— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) July 24, 2023
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    JCH has scored 57 goals in his last two seasons in league 1 and people don't want him because he scored 12 goals in the championship and is too old.

Alfie May has scored 43 goals in his last two seasons in league 1 and people were threatening to riot if we didn't sign him.  He is older and has never played in the championship.

For what it's worth I wouldn't pay what Peterborough are asking for for JCH, because Peterborough are very good at selling.  

Only 4, current, players have scored 20+ league 1 goals twice.  We want a proven 20 goal a season striker, just not that one? 
    Oh I will add that no one, in recent times has done it 3 times.  Sharpe hasn't played in league 1 since he did it the second time and Marquis never repeated it, yet.
  • Scott Malone has now signed for Gillingham.
  • I know we arent playing with wingers but this is a top signing for Bolton getting Mendes Gomes to replace Dapo Afolayan 

• MarcusH26 said:
    I know we arent playing with wingers but this is a top signing for Bolton getting Mendes Gomes to replace Dapo Afolayan 

Neither do Bolton so it’s interesting to see where he will fit into their system or if they are changing it. Maybe he will play as a striker or number 10
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    PopIcon said:

Obviously not an issue with Maja but wouldn't most European 2nd tier players have work permit "issues"?
    Could always get them picking turnips on their day off.
  • NabySarr said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    I know we arent playing with wingers but this is a top signing for Bolton getting Mendes Gomes to replace Dapo Afolayan 

Neither do Bolton so it’s interesting to see where he will fit into their system or if they are changing it. Maybe he will play as a striker or number 10

Would think he's probably earmarked to play off of Charles which could be very very interesting. But they did spend a good fee on Victor Adebayjo in January so maybe he will play as a 10 with Morley and Dempsey behind him. 
  • I'd be thrilled and amazed if we sign JCH. Might even prompt me to get my first season ticket since the last ice age!
  • Sponsored links:

• JCH did't turn me on when we last played Peterborough. Move on. As for Malone, my millwall buddy says he is shit at defending but great at crossing the ball. I think I'm glad he has signed for the Gills. We all know we need a lively CF, better than Kanu, and a good LWB on loan, or bought outright and then we should be okay so long as Anderson/Deji/Asiimwe can fill the gaps. I'm all for giving the kids a go but I might change my mind after the millwall slaughter tomorrow!
  • PopIcon said:

Agreed - May and jch would be starters for me with Leaburn dipping in and out even if he hadn’t got injured - he’s still a work in progress 
  • DOUCHER said:
    PopIcon said:

Agreed - May and jch would be starters for me with Leaburn dipping in and out even if he hadn’t got injured - he’s still a work in progress 
    That would be an incredible L1 strikeforce.
  • MarcusH26 said:

Was surprised to see him only on loan with Fleetwood in the second half of last season
  • I think the problem we have with our striker hunt is that all of Ladapo, Nombe and JCH are all only likely to happen very late in the window unless some club is prepared to stump up the cash to get it done early. Big risk then for us in particular who are not blessed with other striking options already. On that basis I think we’ll get a loan striker through the door with the possibility of perhaps Ladapo very very late.
  • ButtleJR said:
    From someone who has met him a few times JCH would not pass the dickhead test 😂
    Not met him but this comes across with him so much. I genuinely think we’re on to a good thing currently with the players we have. I think there is a chance some dickhead peacock who thinks he runs the show could upset the atmosphere in the dressing room. Would far rather go for Nombe or Aaron Collins (while accepting both are equally as unlikely)
  • I think the problem we have with our striker hunt is that all of Ladapo, Nombe and JCH are all only likely to happen very late in the window unless some club is prepared to stump up the cash to get it done early. Big risk then for us in particular who are not blessed with other striking options already. On that basis I think we’ll get a loan striker through the door with the possibility of perhaps Ladapo very very late.
    That makes sense unless our new owners decide to try and make a statement by throwing big money around to try and make a statement.

Seems unlikely and I'm certainly not advocating in favour of it (it will only ratchet up the prices of other targets) but if this thread is not the place for baseless guessing then where is?