Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Addick_8 said:
    Scoham said:
    Pleasing to see we even contemplated asking the question, even though we were outpriced. Posh will be asking for an inflated fee but I must say, I respect their transfer policy.
    Mind games. We’re obviously interested otherwise why the comment. Posh need to get some funds in so don’t rule out JCH just yet. It’s unlikely because JCH won’t have a resale value given we’d be paying a hefty fee bit don’t rule it out.
    the comment was in reply to a question sent in by a Charlton fan
    Still remains. We’ve enquired about JCH just like we’ve enquired about Nombe. 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Scoham said:
    Pleasing to see we even contemplated asking the question, even though we were outpriced. Posh will be asking for an inflated fee but I must say, I respect their transfer policy.
    Mind games. We’re obviously interested otherwise why the comment. Posh need to get some funds in so don’t rule out JCH just yet. It’s unlikely because JCH won’t have a resale value given we’d be paying a hefty fee bit don’t rule it out.
    Still remains. We’ve enquired about JCH just like we’ve enquired about Nombe. 

Just like I have enquired about the availability of Emily Ratajowski
    What did they say ?
  • Remember the games Peterborough played about Marcus Maddison. In the end they let him go on loan with Hull only needing to cover his wages. A fee was only payable if they wanted to sign him permanently if they stayed up.

Might JCH be cheaper on deadline day if there are not many suiters?
  • edited July 2023
    JCH is available and Peterborough need some cash. He’s out of contract next summer and walks for free. Championship clubs aren’t falling over each other for his signature and Peterborough are getting the message out there one way or another. He’s for sale all right and as someone posted earlier the price is dropping by the day. 
  • Hope we are not in for JCH. He has proven himself to be a bit sh*t above League One and if we have serious aspirations on getting out of this crap league, we need to be signing players who a) may be able to cut it in the division above and b) if not, are easily saleable. As appealing as it may initially sound, I do not see JCH as a marquee signing (unless we are going to remain in League One for years to come..!).
  • Hope we are not in for JCH. He has proven himself to be a bit sh*t above League One and if we have serious aspirations on getting out of this crap league, we need to be signing players who a) may be able to cut it in the division above and b) if not, are easily saleable. As appealing as it may initially sound, I do not see JCH as a marquee signing (unless we are going to remain in League One for years to come..!).
    All true but I’m pretty certain that he’d go a long way to getting us out of league one. Him and May with Leaburn and maybe a loan would look very strong.
    Very fair point or in other words let’s worry about strengthening as and when we get promoted. 360 incoming… Go get him Deano! 🤣
  • The Peterborough owner is only saying we can’t afford him cause he doesn’t want to sell to a league rival
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s not that deep really. We’re still restricted by FFP and the Peterborough owner knows the fee they’ll accept and wage demands of JCH. They’ll also have a good idea of our turnover and what we can / can’t pay.

It’s nothing to do with our owners wealth. All the while Kirk, DJ and others who we want to ship out are here, it makes it harder to do the business we want. I doubt we’ll see big fees until we move the people we want on.
  • He would still be a decent back up in the champ 
  • edited July 2023
    Addick_8 said:
    Scoham said:
    If so, then the comment from Posh is meaningless, is it just presumption on their part that we can't afford JCH..if indeed we are even interested...🤷‍♂️
  • SOTF said:
    It’s not that deep really. We’re still restricted by FFP and the Peterborough owner knows the fee they’ll accept and wage demands of JCH. They’ll also have a good idea of our turnover and what we can / can’t pay.

It’s nothing to do with our owners wealth. All the while Kirk, DJ and others who we want to ship out are here, it makes it harder to do the business we want. I doubt we’ll see big fees until we move the people we want on.
    FFP really isn’t going to be an issue for us to sign JCH. We’re not going to be throwing money round like Chelsea. 
    No chance in a zillion years we could afford a proven Championship 20+ goal scorer.

JCH scored 12 for Posh when they were in the Championship(one more than Yann did for us) and was top scorer in L1 last season. In the unlikely event he did come to us, i'd expect him to start ahead of either May or Leaburn.

I'm interested, who would be your suggestion?
  • Signings have slowed a tad.
  • Addick_8 said:
    Scoham said:
    If so, then the comment from Posh is meaningless, is it just presumption on their part that we can't afford JCH..if indeed we are even interested...🤷‍♂️
    Well their chairman has got previous for conducting business through twitter/the media plus clubs are going to be fully aware that 1) we just completed a takeover and 2) need a striker to cover/replace Miles.

The clubs/agents of JCH, Nombe, and others will all probably be in touch to try and gauge interest.
  • mendonca said:
    Signings have slowed a tad.
    if we are looking at JCH they are looking much slower 
  • Sponsored links:

• I see stoke are signing an ex academy player for 1million. 
  • Let's get Chris Iwelumo back - unfinished business 
  • Exactly this.  Wouldn't it have been Storrie or Gallen if we inquired about JCH. 
    who?
    who?
    Junior Tchamadeu from Colchester going by Google
  • PopIcon said:
    Hope we are not in for JCH. He has proven himself to be a bit sh*t above League One and if we have serious aspirations on getting out of this crap league, we need to be signing players who a) may be able to cut it in the division above and b) if not, are easily saleable. As appealing as it may initially sound, I do not see JCH as a marquee signing (unless we are going to remain in League One for years to come..!).
    No chance in a zillion years we could afford a proven Championship 20+ goal scorer.

JCH scored 12 for Posh when they were in the Championship(one more than Yann did for us) and was top scorer in L1 last season. In the unlikely event he did come to us, i'd expect him to start ahead of either May or Leaburn.

A really difficult one to answer, but I would probably be looking at Ligue 2 and Serie B etc for 23-25 year old strikers. Josh Maja did ok in Ligue 2 last season, Lewisham born and now with a fair bit of experience under his belt. Could be riskier but has more potential to maximise.

As I said above though fair point on JCH, if we can afford him. 
  • Addick_8 said:
    Scoham said:
    Posh would also be selling to a direct competitor which might inflate it. Given their excellent scouting and recruitment maybe we should look at their proposed replacement.
  • PopIcon said:
    Hope we are not in for JCH. He has proven himself to be a bit sh*t above League One and if we have serious aspirations on getting out of this crap league, we need to be signing players who a) may be able to cut it in the division above and b) if not, are easily saleable. As appealing as it may initially sound, I do not see JCH as a marquee signing (unless we are going to remain in League One for years to come..!).

A really difficult one to answer, but I would probably be looking at Ligue 2 and Serie B etc for 23-25 year old strikers. Josh Maja did ok in Ligue 2 last season, Lewisham born and now with a fair bit of experience under his belt. Could be riskier but has more potential to maximise.

Obviously not an issue with Maja but wouldn't most European 2nd tier players have work permit "issues"?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    PopIcon said:

Obviously not an issue with Maja but wouldn't most European 2nd tier players have work permit "issues"?

New rule from the FA that they've loosened the work permit criteria, think you're now allowed 2 players that wouldn't have normally qualified 

https://www.reuters.com/sports/soccer/new-rules-allow-english-clubs-sign-players-who-do-not-meet-work-permit-2023-06-14/