Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• He signed tonight 
    Will methven be announcing it ?

• YTS1978 said:
    Heard from a reliable source that this is done. 
    Ronnie ?
  • So Eden could be one I’m in. Who could the other I’m in be?
    I'll let you know as soon as Ronnie copies amd pastes it from somewhere else.
  • Adetayo Oluwatosin Olusegun Adio Aduramigba Iretioluwa Edun might become the player with the longest name ever to play for us.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Having a natural left footed left back is such a great addition and should make the side a lot more balanced. Striker and possibly another RB next please. 

(I'd absolutely love Owen Moxon but don't really see where he'd fit into things with the amount of CMs we currently have) 
    Loan henry out till jan to a team he will play week in week out ideally league 2 and hope he comes back a better more confident player

Then opens up a space for a player like moxen to jump in
    Sorry for jumping on your post but how does loaning Henry out free up a space?

He is "under age" so doesn't take up a squad space.  No one that would want him on loan would be in a position to pay his wages.  I hope what ever contract we gave him reflects his potential, not a current first team player.

We definitely need another midfielder and Moxon would be great.  Henry probably does need another loan. Surely these aren't dependent on each other though? 

They certainly aren't dependent enough that Henry has to go out on loan to be able to bring someone else in because there is no squad place or salary saving.  i suppose you could argue that we shouldn't let Henry go out on loan until we get someone else in but that suggests Henry was part of plan A?

As I said, sorry for jumping on your post but I think I am up to 7 players that should be loaned out, 3 of which currently play for the u12s.  That doesn't include the likes of Kirk and DJ.
    loaning out u12s is a progressive idea
  • I would love us to sign Owen Dale. He was Pompey's best player against us last season on both occasions. 
  • edited July 2023
    TEL said:
    I would love us to sign Owen Dale. He was Pompey's best player against us last season on both occasions. 
    Good player. He’s back at Blackpool now after his loan to Pompey ended.

I can see Blackpool being right up there if they bring in Moxon and keep owen dale etc. They have lost Jerry Yates but still have some good players for this level.
  • Is Albie Morgan one?
  • Sponsored links:

• With all this going on, the optics for this season are beginning to look brighter. I'd like to see another finisher and a midfielder to compliment dobbo , but the balance of the team is looking better. Positive signs. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    So Eden could be one I’m in. Who could the other I’m in be?
    I'll let you know as soon as Ronnie copies amd pastes it from somewhere else.
    Bulling ALERT!
  • edited July 2023
    Would be great if we could sign Owen Moxon, but don't see where he starts in our Midfield

Don't think Dean would have him ahead of Camara | Dobson | Fraser to begin with, and don't think he'd sign without the guarantee of starting.
  • Would be great if we could sign Owen Moxon, but don't see where he starts in our Midfield

Don't think Dean would have him ahead of Camara | Dobson | Fraser to begin with, and don't think he'd sign without the guarantee of starting.
    What type of central midfielder is Moxon?
  • Would be great if we could sign Owen Moxon, but don't see where he starts in our Midfield

I know hes been our best, most consistent player over the last 2 seasons (for a whole heap of reasons) but we are allowed to improve on and drop Dobson from the starting 11. 

Controversial I know I know...
    All depends on what Holden wants to do... Big statement dropping his Captain though
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2023
    AndyG said:
    Would be great if we could sign Owen Moxon, but don't see where he starts in our Midfield

I know hes been our best, most consistent player over the last 2 seasons (for a whole heap of reasons) but we are allowed to improve on and drop Dobson from the starting 11. 

Controversial I know I know...
    Of course you are correct but you could argue that to improve on him would take money that would be better spent improving an area where we don’t have quite as good cover

Totally. Its down my list of positions to buy for, and for its worth, I'd be playing a 3 of McGrandles Camara, Fraser more often than not first.

Just to add this to a comment yesterday or before about where does CBT fit in the 352 as he has to play, he doesnt at all, if we have better, then the bench! 
  • Scoham said:

I don't know to be honest, its why I mentioned all three of them.

He got 6-goals and 15-assists in League Two last season though
  • Scoham said:

Doesn’t suggest he’s a potential Dobson replacement then, unless those are mainly from penalties and set pieces.
  • 6 goals 15 assists (most in the EFL )and he takes all their setpieces , suggests he's more of a Scotty Fraser type creator. Which we already have Payne to kind of cover for so I don't really see a role for Moxon. 
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

Doesn’t suggest he’s a potential Dobson replacement then, unless those are mainly from penalties and set pieces.
    No I'd expect him to be competing with Fraser | Payne

TransferMarkt suggests he's a Central Midfielder / Defensive Midfielder
  • Hi -can anyone update on long-term injuries and those coming back to the club after being loaned out?

Alarmed that Mcgrandies is anywhere near the squad and Jack Payne is not good enough.

Are we keeping Learn?