Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Macronate said:
    Surely Olivia Atwood would prefer to be back down south as well.
    One of the Women’s team then? 
  • cafc4life said:
    Signing Dack would be a massive statement. Would be great in League One if he is over his ACL injury.
    Nothing would be more Charlton than him getting over his ACL injury, signing for us then getting some fluke ankle injury in some friendly that writes him off for the entire season.
  • I thought Dack completely hated us after he was released? Would be shocked if he signed 
  • edited May 2023
    That's a no from me on Dack, imagine he is past his best and we don't need another player on high wages with injury concerns.

There's also this: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/news/amp/woman-describes-waking-up-with-31700/

Believe he has had a handful of runnings with police, he doesn't sound like the nicest bloke going, I would rather us find a player in form within our own league or the league below, younger and hungrier. I don't want to see another player potentially over the hill playing for us just for comfort reasons. 
  • Liam Moore been released by Reading 
  • edited May 2023
    nagAddick said:
    Liam Moore been released by Reading 

Out with a knee ligament injury sustained last month on loan at Stoke. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    nagAddick said:
    Liam Moore been released by Reading 

Out with a knee ligament injury sustained last month on loan at Stoke. 
    Perfect! Sign him up....
  • Sponsored links:

• Sollied said:
    Either way, if Dack is the calibre of player we’re going after then this transfer window should be a substantial improvement on the last few 
    Does he have the legs and the hunger or would it be a move for convenience?

Could be a good signing if he has, but I can't help but think of Gunter and Watson.

Appears he's stayed fit this season making 13 starts and 14 sub apps in the league this season.

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=308&teamTabs=stats
  • Hope this is true. Dack is good enough for it to be worth the gamble on him staying fit 
  • Macronate said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    See Bradley Deck been released. I know he has injury issues, but he would be a great signing. 

A rumour!! An actual rumour!!
  • I know Dack has had a few injuries but he’s 29, it’s not the same as Watson who came to us to retire.

With JRS going I’d quite like to see us return to a diamond. A quality CM with Dobson, Fraser and Dack would be a good midfield. 
  • Scoham said:
    Sollied said:
    Either way, if Dack is the calibre of player we’re going after then this transfer window should be a substantial improvement on the last few 
    Does he have the legs and the hunger or would it be a move for convenience?

Could be a good signing if he has, but I can't help but think of Gunter and Watson.

Appears he's stayed fit this season making 13 starts and 14 sub apps in the league this season.

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=308&teamTabs=stats
    I can't help but think of Di Canio and Andy Hughes.

Every profile of player there are ones that worked, and ones that didn't.

We aren't going to sign 10 hungry, up and coming, players who's value will sky rocket.  

Dack could be our Barry Bannon.  He could be the next Ben Watson.  We might not sign him.  He might go to Wigan (no need to move) and be brilliant.  He might go to Orient (near home but not us) and be injured or a shell of his former self.  Who knows.

TBH if we were fishing in that market with the added, he would rather not but if your paying x premium, I would have a tingle.
  • The doubts with Dack are his injuries, obviously, and his stereotypical footballer with wag lifestyle. Not sure I want another showboating sick note who just wants to be in London for a last payday. 
    But that said; I’ve got full faith in Holden to weed out dickheads - and not sign any. So have pretty good faith in his judgement either way. 
  • My view on Dack coming to Charlton, less than 5%.

So, welcome Bradley, great signing. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I thought Dack completely hated us after he was released? Would be shocked if he signed 
    But he's out of work now and needs some wages coming in.
  • Swisdom said:
    Someone else suggested Dack to me this evening and said it was happening 

either they read the same story or they’ve heard it from someone at the club (that's what they said was the source)

Dack was very unhappy with the way he left us BUT was a very good player before his injury and was popular at Blackburn.  He’s a local lad so might fancy coming home to be near family 🤷‍♂️

not impossible I guess 

Blackburn fans are pretty much all singing his praises
    Injuries have been an issue, but I believe he is over his knee injuries now. Just hope if true it doesn't turn in to another Arter type of signing. But Dack is a good age of 29 and no doubt has a few points to prove with his knees! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Tbf, Dack is quality... Just a matter of whether he can stay fit
  • Morgan out Dack In

that will be a vast improvement.
  • cafc_se7 said:
    I mean if Dack is turning peoples noses up, I don’t know who we are expecting to bring in. Even signing young players which everyone would love, Dack would be a great addition! 
    Well my nose is not turned up - he's clearly got talent, arguably a point to prove and is neither a young maybe nor an old has-been. Potentially he could be very useful indeed, and certa
    inly a bit of experience will be a good thing.

But my arms aren't open wide either. He left under a cloud, he's coming back from injury, and his motivation to drop a level is up in the air.

Holden does deserve a chance to build his own squad. He deserves the chance from our supposed new owners and from fans as well, we've not yet seen what he can do with a squad of his own making.

But (and maybe I'm just cynical/worn down) our theoretical new signing being a good player with a bad injury dropping a league doesn't quite feel like the brand new start we were hoping for, personally.
  • Dack would certainly be a gamble.

On the one side he was a very good player a few years ago and pre-injuries he was on the verge of a Premier league move and i'm sure i remember him being strongly linked with Leeds.

However after two cruciate knee injuries, he's likely never going to be the same player he was and there's surely the potential that he break down again. 

Having said that, despite his injury record i'd be surprised if he can't get a deal at a championship club. 
  • Dack I would be surprised if he would drop to League 1? Wages I could see being a bit of a stumbling block. Do think creativity is something that's high on the list of things to address though. Not sure if Fraser is the answer or if he needs the side in effect to be built around him. 
  • On the injury side, none of us will know the risk element as much as the club. The sort of player who is better than League One by a significant margin which may, along with released players like Morgan, Inniss and Clare, who could have got deals be a positive sign.
  • thenewbie said:
    cafc_se7 said:
    I mean if Dack is turning peoples noses up, I don’t know who we are expecting to bring in. Even signing young players which everyone would love, Dack would be a great addition! 
    Well my nose is not turned up - he's clearly got talent, arguably a point to prove and is neither a young maybe nor an old has-been. Potentially he could be very useful indeed, and certa
    inly a bit of experience will be a good thing.

But my arms aren't open wide either. He left under a cloud, he's coming back from injury, and his motivation to drop a level is up in the air.

Holden does deserve a chance to build his own squad. He deserves the chance from our supposed new owners and from fans as well, we've not yet seen what he can do with a squad of his own making.

But (and maybe I'm just cynical/worn down) our theoretical new signing being a good player with a bad injury dropping a league doesn't quite feel like the brand new start we were hoping for, personally.
    I completely understand where you are coming from and we have been there before with the likes of Arter. Taking injury out of the equation though….more so from a confidence point of view…nobody wanted Yann before he signed. You just never know.