Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Bloke on Facebook saying he knows someone currently with Dack on his stag do and he is saying he's coming to us...
    Why would we want some bloke from a stag do ?
    Would take Brereton Diaz to be fair..

It's obvious, he's the one in red right?
  • ButtleJR said:
    Bloke on Facebook saying he knows someone currently with Dack on his stag do and he is saying he's coming to us...
    He can play left back
  • ValleyBen said:
    Happy to see us linked with the likes of Dack & May, would be pleased if either of those happen as nothing against signing younger players that have a resale value but you need a mix, so some shorter term expensive in fee or wages signings to give us a bit more experience & character would be a positive sign for me about the new owners intentions.
    Think May will end up at Wrexham….. money always talks in the end
    Probably but if we are seriously interested would still take as a minor positive if we are at least willing to spend on decent signings that are not all about a future sell on.
  • ValleyBen said:
    ValleyBen said:
    Happy to see us linked with the likes of Dack & May, would be pleased if either of those happen as nothing against signing younger players that have a resale value but you need a mix, so some shorter term expensive in fee or wages signings to give us a bit more experience & character would be a positive sign for me about the new owners intentions.
    Think May will end up at Wrexham….. money always talks in the end
    Probably but if we are seriously interested would still take as a minor positive if we are at least willing to spend on decent signings that are not all about a future sell on.
    Don’t come on here with your positivity. ;0)
  • edited May 2023
    ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:

Why is the vertically challenged guy of about 5ft 3in to Dack's right couching  when the guys behind are 6ft 4in. 🤔

• Sponsored links:

• ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:

Would ya?
  • Chunes said:
    If we sign Dack I'm gonna get Methven printed on my shirt
    Just keeping a copy of this 😉
  • Chunes said:
    If we sign Dack I'm gonna get Methven tattooed on my forehead.
  • edited May 2023
    Bilko said:
    Macronate said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    See Bradley Deck been released. I know he has injury issues, but he would be a great signing. 

A rumour!! An actual rumour!!
    Dack probably heard that Chuks gets a lot of time off, so he fancy’s coming to us.

Dack'l be the day!!....shall I get me coat..🙄
  • I notice Conor Grant of Plymouth has been released . Looked a decent player when I saw him play. He would be a good addition.
  • edited May 2023
    Dack & Chuks.

It's a duck shack.
  • Come on that's got to be worth a promote at 1 in the morning!
  • So….. any more pictures from Dacks stag do???
  • Sponsored links:

• I notice Conor Grant of Plymouth has been released . Looked a decent player when I saw him play. He would be a good addition.
    I like him as a player but he spent most of last season injured. If fit he might worth a punt. Ironically he was also a Driesden target back in the day.
  • ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:

SHE, you bigoted dinosaur.
  • DRAddick said:
    ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:

SHE, you bigoted dinosaur.
    Looks like a furry to me...

• I just read an interesting Wrexham article about the Reynolds takeover. The club was bought for £1 with the promise of 2 million investment.  This again puts  the idea of Wrexham walking through the leagues and signing first team championship players ( more than one has been linked )   more laughable than ever. They are certainly not going to spend millions here and there on players.

He has without doubt lifted the clubs profile and done well to get them out of the conference so will give him some credit but I think some people maybe getting a bit carried away  with current feel good factor.
  • I just read an interesting Wrexham article about the Reynolds takeover. The club was bought for £1 with the promise of 2 million investment.  This again puts  the idea of Wrexham walking through the leagues and signing first team championship players ( more than one has been linked )   more laughable than ever. They are certainly not going to spend millions here and there on players.

He has without doubt lifted the clubs profile and done well to get them out of the conference so will give him some credit but I think some people maybe getting a bit carried away  with current feel good factor.
    Don't forget the revenue the owners are creating via TV and possibly online with the interest coming from the US.
  • If they are truly courting players like Alfie May in their first season back in Division 2 then I think there is intent to do something. Where that something has to stop is the big question. My guess is when they’re challenging in league one / promoted to the Championship. Reynolds and McElhenneys wealth after a quick google search seems to point to a combined wealth of perhaps $400 million. That’s not enough in the crazy world of football to climb above the Championship but if they’re committed and smart it might be enough to get them there. They’d also presumably have plenty of very rich friends and associates that might fancy jumping on for the ride. I’m not saying they’re going to end up in the Premiership but I can see Championship football in four of five seasons. Maybe.

All of what you say is indeed true. 
    But I think Wrexham will probably have the highest wage bill in league two next season and I wouldn't bet against another promotion. 

Agree:
    Paul Mullin's has been a revelation but the wages offered to him were fantastic for a national League club and he didn't drop two divisions just for the "project"

I still wonder if his agent sounded out other League 1 clubs when he won promotion to League 1 with Cambridge ?

A poor agent if he didn't sound out, Ipswich, Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday, Bolton, or dare I say Charlton to see what wage package, contract would be on offer.

All of what you say is indeed true. 
    But I think Wrexham will probably have the highest wage bill in league two next season and I wouldn't bet against another promotion. 

Agree:
    Paul Mullin's has been a revelation but the wages offered to him were fantastic for a national League club and he didn't drop two divisions just for the "project"

I still wonder if his agent sounded out other League 1 clubs when he won promotion to League 1 with Cambridge ?

A poor agent if he didn't sound out, Ipswich, Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday, Bolton, or dare I say Charlton to see what wage package, contract would be on offer.
    Saw something a few weeks ago saying he had L1 offers, I think including us, but Wrexham got close to L1 clubs on the wages and he wanted to move up there for family reasons.