Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• PWADDICK said:
    Kane Vincent-Young has been released by Ipswich, always thought he looked good whenever we played them
    Has this ever happened before?
  • PWADDICK said:
    Kane Vincent-Young has been released by Ipswich, always thought he looked good whenever we played them
    Tbf, we are pretty shit against Ipswich so we could even make Matt Penney look good! 
  • Richard J said:
    Not a Charlton rumour,but an ex player Richard Wood has signed in at Doncaster.

I always felt we let him go too early and he was an early victim of a change in direction when the Belgians arrived.
    Replaced by TBH and Bikey though.  Shame they only lasted a season.

Wood and Morrison wouldn't have got in the team when they left.  By January they would have been shoe ins.  Funny old game.
  • shine166 said:
    Not overly surprised about Gwion Edwards.

I've already questioned if he'd be a summer target myself, given we tried to get him in January.

Been a decent player at this level, ideally more of a backup winger
    Proper Charlton signing, don't Improve your first team... just make your subs slightly less shit.
    Also perpetuates the bollocks, ‘we should’ve kept X on’ at some point next season 

I don’t know anything about him as I don’t most players at this level, so don’t have an opinion either way, but I expect free transfers are going to be our way forward, certainly in the short term, and it’s probably going to be free transfers at this level rather than the Jay DaSilva’s of this world 
  • I'm assuming Luke doesn't actually know what realistic means.
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolute clown. None of those are particularly realistic.

For a start Alex Scott is one of the most sought after players outside the top flight and has PL clubs after him for 20m+
    Whosh? 
  • That tweet is a copy/paste football twitter joke I've seen from multiple clubs 
  • Absolute clown. None of those are particularly realistic.

For a start Alex Scott is one of the most sought after players outside the top flight and has PL clubs after him for 20m+
    It’s a joke copied from a Derby fan.
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    That tweet is a copy/paste football twitter joke I've seen from multiple clubs 

Saw it with Derby selling Jason Knight for £10m yesterday so yeah it's a lazy Football Twitter " joke"
  • cabbles said:
    shine166 said:
    Not overly surprised about Gwion Edwards.

I've already questioned if he'd be a summer target myself, given we tried to get him in January.

Been a decent player at this level, ideally more of a backup winger
    Proper Charlton signing, don't Improve your first team... just make your subs slightly less shit.
    Also perpetuates the bollocks, ‘we should’ve kept X on’ at some point next season 

I don’t know anything about him as I don’t most players at this level, so don’t have an opinion either way, but I expect free transfers are going to be our way forward, certainly in the short term, and it’s probably going to be free transfers at this level rather than the Jay DaSilva’s of this world 
    What will stop the we should've kept x on is if we actually replace the released players with better.

We would have been better this season if we had kept Washington and Purrington.  We wouldn't have been good enough though.
  • No idea what this is based on but it’s a rumour…

• Any other clues
  • Sponsored links:

• Christ... Jokes are getting crap these days
    You know you're scraping the barrel when FA doesn't find you funny... :-)
  • Scoham said:
    No idea what this is based on but it’s a rumour…

Be interested to know where thats come from as I have googled Peter Storrie blog and nothing to be found.
  • Scoham said:
    No idea what this is based on but it’s a rumour…

Sounds like bullshit to me. Unless referring to MS investment document 
  • edited May 2023
    MarcusH26 said:
    Quality player from a side that finished below us-  May or Stockton feels like the obvious ones? 

Left field suggestion Sam Smith from Cambridge? 
    Of the three I’d prefer Smith, younger for a start and was impressed when he played against us. I’m sure May at 29 will be looking for a last big payday and I’m still unsure on Stockton but he’s an improvement on Bonne.

of the three I’d wager Smith, The Writing’s on the Wall.
  • I know I have my thing against Stockton, though if we picked him up on a free I think we could do plenty worse - however he’s never played ‘down south’ before and all the teams he is linked with always appear to be ‘northern’ teams.

So I say I’d be surprised if it is him. 

And May to Wrexham seems to make sense as the sort of signing they make.

Smith would make the most sense out of those mentioned. But wouldn’t mind any of those mentioned, and nice to have a positive rumour.