Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Sign him AND Jonny Williams. Fulfil the prophecy
  • 5 years in Japan is a surprisingly long time, I thought he had retired years ago!
  • Still probably better than what we currently have.
  • 5 years in Japan is a surprisingly long time, I thought he had retired years ago!
    I thought he was managing them not still playing for them!
  • fenaddick said:
    Does back up the rumour Alfie May was at the ground.  Doesn't mean he'll sign, of course.
  • fenaddick said:
    Does back up the rumour Alfie May was at the ground.  Doesn't mean he'll sign, of course.
    Would cost a fee which is something Sandgaard has not done since January 2022! 

Unless this takeover gets a wriggle on I doubt Guitar hero will put up money for a transfer fee
  • "There’s a lot of sowing of seeds"

• Sponsored links:

• “I’d love to be able to announce some things but we can’t just do that just yet..."
    is the perfectly spun delivery of: '...there's nothing to say cos there's nothing to say, noone to announce, no money spent, no fees received...'
    I'm sure he's put in the hours and miles seeing and learning as much as he can.  He'll find out a bit earlier than we will precisely how little this much vaunted budget actually amounts to and how few players can be recruited with sod all money.
  • I'd love us to be proactive for once and as the window officially opens go "here's our 3 new players, they're joining us on day 1 of preseason alongside Hector, Thomas and Henry who have agreed new deals, and we've got a couple of trialists in place too" but it's just not the Charlton way unfortunately
  • There's nothing to stop us signing and announcing players now. If something had been finalised...
  • edited May 2023
    sam3110 said:
    I'd love us to be proactive for once and as the window officially opens go "here's our 3 new players, they're joining us on day 1 of preseason alongside Hector, Thomas and Henry who have agreed new deals, and we've got a couple of trialists in place too" but it's just not the Charlton way unfortunately
    You can do that before the season ends.  We signed HH in about April IIRC, it was certainly before the season ended.
  • edited May 2023
    5 years in Japan is a surprisingly long time, I thought he had retired years ago!
    The climate in Japan is having great benefits for him.  

Although he was quite small throughout his life in Spain, apparently he has actually grown quite a lot since he was there.
  • There's nothing to stop us signing and announcing players now. If something had been finalised...
    Very true. Need to tell Dean that.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    I'd love us to be proactive for once and as the window officially opens go "here's our 3 new players, they're joining us on day 1 of preseason alongside Hector, Thomas and Henry who have agreed new deals, and we've got a couple of trialists in place too" but it's just not the Charlton way unfortunately
    You can do that before the season ends.  Why sign HH in about April IIRC, it was certainly before the season ended.
    Slightly different situation as Ipswich were in administration. So although he couldn’t be registered to play, the transfer could take place earlier than usual. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    You can do that before the season ends.  Why sign HH in about April IIRC, it was certainly before the season ended.
    Slightly different situation as Ipswich were in administration. So although he couldn’t be registered to play, the transfer could take place earlier than usual. 
    The transfer can take place when ever all parties agree to it.  He obviously couldn't play though.

If memory serves me right it was announced early because he had a small injury and wasn't going to play for Ipswich again?

Brighton announced a signing from Watford weeks ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    The transfer can take place when ever all parties agree to it.  He obviously couldn't play though.

If memory serves me right it was announced early because he had a small injury and wasn't going to play for Ipswich again?

Brighton announced a signing from Watford weeks ago.
    I could be wrong but pretty sure it was cos of their financial issues. I agree transfers can happen whenever but Heidarsson physically joined us earlier. I’m sure he even played for our reserves before the season ended. 
  • Not exactly providing his concrete "No" is Mr Cawley
  • Rich loves to be very cryptic at times 
  • Deeney has had his career, isn’t he going back to Watford as player coach? 

Liam Moore has been out injured for most of the last 18 months, would be a risk 
  • Deeney has had his career, isn’t he going back to Watford as player coach? 

Liam Moore has been out injured for most of the last 18 months, would be a risk 
    Meant Taylor Moore not Liam Moore. The chap from Bristol City. Have no idea what Deeney is doing - but McGoldrick had a great goal return last season and Deeney is a much better player than him. Would be a good option in league one. 
  • Sambcafc said:
    Deeney, Harlee Dean, Liam Moore, Tayo Edun, Bradley Dack, Alfie May and Moxon - would be a great start on improving our squad. Definitely need to replace our wide right options with JRS gone and DJ being shit likely moved on in the window
    The average age of that lot almost qualifies them for an honorary seat in the west stand complete with rug and thermos.