Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Davo55 said:
    Sambcafc said:
    Deeney, Harlee Dean, Liam Moore, Tayo Edun, Bradley Dack, Alfie May and Moxon - would be a great start on improving our squad. Definitely need to replace our wide right options with JRS gone and DJ being shit likely moved on in the window
    The average age of that lot almost qualifies them for an honorary seat in the west stand complete with rug and thermos.  
    Edun - 25
    Moore - 26
    Dack - 29 
    May - 30 in July
    Moxon - 25
    Dean - 32 in July

They're hardly in the Ben Watson category are they?
    How many of those are out of contract? 
  • Davo55 said:
    Sambcafc said:
    Deeney, Harlee Dean, Liam Moore, Tayo Edun, Bradley Dack, Alfie May and Moxon - would be a great start on improving our squad. Definitely need to replace our wide right options with JRS gone and DJ being shit likely moved on in the window
    The average age of that lot almost qualifies them for an honorary seat in the west stand complete with rug and thermos.  
    Works out as 27-28 as a very rough average. So think that's a bit harsh.
  • Davo55 said:
    Sambcafc said:
    Edun - 25
    Moore - 26
    Dack - 29 
    May - 30 in July
    Moxon - 25
    Dean - 32 in July

You missed Deeny at 34 I think.

• Can't think that this transfer window will be  markedly different to any in the past. By its nature some players won't sign until the last minute as they are hoping to get better deals, loanees always seem to be sorted at the last second - and as they can be of better quality coming from Championship and Premiership sides they can have a big influence on your season. It will go to the wire. Only advantage for us is as our ownership is not sorted we still have time... but the clocks ticking.
  • Posh have made Jonson Clarke-Harris available, guaranteed 20 goals at this level
  • PWADDICK said:
    Posh have made Jonson Clarke-Harris available, guaranteed 20 goals at this level
    No chance, and way too expensive 
  • PWADDICK said:
    Posh have made Jonson Clarke-Harris available, guaranteed 20 goals at this level
    Imagine as they failed to get promoted, hes allowed to leave!
  • PWADDICK said:
    Is he? He's only done that twice in his career, both for Peterborough who are a notoriously attacking high-scoring team. I'm sure if he joined us we'd find away to get him back down to nineish
    We only scored 5 less goals than Peterborough 
  • Sponsored links:

• Peterborough probably recognise it is coming to the end of the period they can cash in on JCH, he will be 29 in July and they will likely look to re-invest the money into a few more non-league gems.
  • edited May 2023
    Redhenry said:
    Would still love to see Stockton, proper striker, horses for courses and all that!
    Why I agree with you 100% is I look at his qualities and they are ones we are missing. We don't currently have enough of a shooting threat for instance.
  • Not quite sure it passes for ITK, but I was told at the end of the season that the reason he (Stockton) looks like Messi against us is because he wants to come here.  
  • Not quite sure it passes for ITK, but I was told at the end of the season that the reason he (Stockton) looks like Messi against us is because he wants to come here.  
    Makes zero sense, I want to go there so I'll play extra good against them but shite for the rest of the season for my team so they get relegated? 
  • sam3110 said:
    Not quite sure it passes for ITK, but I was told at the end of the season that the reason he (Stockton) looks like Messi against us is because he wants to come here.  
    Makes zero sense, I want to go there so I'll play extra good against them but shite for the rest of the season for my team so they get relegated? 
    You’ve gone straight for an extreme scenario.  It’s quite obvious players performances include a motivational factor.  

Don’t shoot the messenger guys, just what I was told from someone who I respect enough to know it’s not bullshit.  Doesn’t mean he’s coming to us of course.
  • Peterborough probably recognise it is coming to the end of the period they can cash in on JCH, he will be 29 in July and they will likely look to re-invest the money into a few more non-league gems.
    Posh are brilliant at selling strikers for fat fees, and reinvesting in a decent and cheaper replacement 
  • I was told by those involved in our recruitment that the average age of the squad needs increasing to improve the current imbalance (too young) or in other words some more experienced players would be coming in and those would also feature some stronger (body type) players, particularly at the back. The first bit aligns with the sorts of players being mentioned/suggested. 
    Jason Pearce to return to the first team!

Seriously, while he's clearly been a success as a coach, his retirement as a player did feel slightly early. It's hard to imagine a defence with Pearce in being any worse than what we endured last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:
    Not quite sure it passes for ITK, but I was told at the end of the season that the reason he (Stockton) looks like Messi against us is because he wants to come here.  
    I also want to play for Charlton, but would still look fat and crap if given the opportunity to play against us.
    Martin Sandgaard will be in touch
  • I was told by those involved in our recruitment that the average age of the squad needs increasing to improve the current imbalance (too young) or in other words some more experienced players would be coming in and those would also feature some stronger (body type) players, particularly at the back. The first bit aligns with the sorts of players being mentioned/suggested. 
    We seemed to very quickly go from a too old team to a too young team. 
  • Davo55 said:
    Sambcafc said:
    Edun - 25
    Moore - 26
    Dack - 29 
    May - 30 in July
    Moxon - 25
    Dean - 32 in July

Hayden Mullins 44 needs adding to the list.
  • Clarke Harris and Frankie Kent from Peterborough have been made available for transfer. Very much depends on where we’re shopping but both of these would be solid pick ups 
  • Clarke Harris and Frankie Kent from Peterborough have been made available for transfer. Very much depends on where we’re shopping but both of these would be solid pick ups 
    Peterborough always transfer list the players entering in the last year of their contracts.

If Peterborough wanted nearly a million for Eisa god knows how much they will want for Clarke-Harris, 7 million was banded around in January.

He won't go to another league 1 club.
  • fenaddick said:
    That does sound positive and fits in with what another poster was saying about potential new players being at the training ground.

However, and this is no disrespect to Dean at all, but I feel like it’s just a variation of a theme that I always hear most managers mention.

’big club, impressed by facilities, the way we want to play football etc etc..’

To be honest there’s not really necessarily much different he can say, but will be nice to see the words back up by some good signings. 
    It's not just about Dean Holden selling his ideas to prospective signings though.

It also gives Holden the chance to check out that a player's character and personality fits in with the ethos of what will be instilled into the squad.

Remember: the no dickeads rule.

• Scoham said:

"Some fans on an instagram page" and "don't know if it's concrete".  I'll hazard a guess.  It isn't.