Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• edited May 2023
    Redhenry said:
    horses donkeys for courses Charlton and all that!
    Fixed for you.
  • Clarke-Harris is surely out of our price range. Peterborough are never cheap sellers and I can’t see why CH would want a sideways step at this stage of his career anyway. Surely a Championship club will see him as a good pick up and could probably afford him. I can actually see him moving to Millwall. They struggled to score enough last season and came close to the playoffs. I’m sure they’re in the market for a striker who’s done it in league one and won’t bust their Championship budget.
  • Clarke-Harris is surely out of our price range. Peterborough are never cheap sellers and I can’t see why CH would want a sideways step at this stage of his career anyway. Surely a Championship club will see him as a good pick up and could probably afford him. I can actually see him moving to Millwall. They struggled to score enough last season and came close to the playoffs. I’m sure they’re in the market for a striker who’s done it in league one and won’t bust their Championship budget.
    I think JCH will bust a budget though and millwall aren’t big spenders.  I think he might end up Norwich or Watford, both need a striker with their main men leaving.  
    I think JCH will bust a budget though and millwall aren’t big spenders.  I think he might end up Norwich or Watford, both need a striker with their main men leaving.  
    I certainly see Stockton or May being within our possibilities but I’m not even giving JCH a thought in terms of signing for us.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    I heard a young midfielder from Palace is coming. 
    David Ozah?
  • Scott Banks?
  • Jack wells-Morrison?
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    I heard a young midfielder from Palace is coming. 
    Loan, permanent? The last one turned out decent so here's hoping...
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Sorry to add to the off topicness,  but.

We hear, every time there is a take over, about increasing commercial revenue.  Charlton isn't marketable as it is and no amount of wishful thinking will make it marketable.

Now imagine if let's say Dwayne Johnson bought us.  His not wealth isn't much more than RD's but his annual income is significantly more.  Anyway, over night you would have millions, and millions of the Rock's fans will suddenly take an interest.

He could wear some merchandise, host xfl games at the Valley, a 2 minute promo before each game on twitter etc.  I honestly think you could sell out a league game on the rumour that he would be there.

Your revenue would go through the roof.  For about 20 million up front and about 2 or 3 hours a week work from him you could have a premier league club worth significantly more.

He could buy the ground for a £1 because he would layeth the smackth down on Roland's candy arse :wink:

I don't think Wrexham will be the last Hollywood club.

I have just talked myself into wanting the Rock to own us, was an elite level footballer at college as well so would know to leave the football side to the experts.

Well this is weird:

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/23550034.dwayne-the-rock-johnson-heading-southend-united/
  • edited May 2023
    After watching Clarke-Harris in the play off 2nd leg you would wonder how he scored any goals at all...
  • It’s great seeing all these young players signing their first professional contracts. Future first team starters the lot of them! Future as in 5th August 2023 at this bloody rate. 
  • JordanJLD said:
    It’s great seeing all these young players signing their first professional contracts. Future first team starters the lot of them! Future as in 5th August 2023 at this bloody rate. 
    There’s pessimism and there’s golfie and then this.
  • Scoham said:
    Scott Banks?
    Bradford's YPOTY interestingly.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    Scott Banks?
    On the money. 
    Any good ?
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    Scott Banks?
    Bradford's YPOTY interestingly.
    Last time we signed a player that had been on loan at Bradford didn’t do too badly! And is doing really well now 
    Cullen?
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    Scott Banks?
    On the money. 
    Am I the only one seeing this a pun.
    The light bulb moment has clicked after you explained there was a pun and I looked for the pun for 15 seconds. I now see it.
  • Scoham said:
    We understand (from Sean Clare's agent)
  • Croydon said:
    Scoham said:
    We understand (from Sean Clare's agent)
    Not good enough for the championship I wouldn’t of thought , may get a similar size club in our league or one the relagated sides 
  • Oggy Red said:
    fenaddick said:
    That does sound positive and fits in with what another poster was saying about potential new players being at the training ground.

However, and this is no disrespect to Dean at all, but I feel like it’s just a variation of a theme that I always hear most managers mention.

’big club, impressed by facilities, the way we want to play football etc etc..’

To be honest there’s not really necessarily much different he can say, but will be nice to see the words back up by some good signings. 
    It's not just about Dean Holden selling his ideas to prospective signings though.

It also gives Holden the chance to check out that a player's character and personality fits in with the ethos of what will be instilled into the squad.

Remember: the no dickeads rule.

Its not like he is going to say that he wants a team of mercenaries.

It’s just a variation on a theme of what all managers say about ‘having the right character’ in the squad.

Nothing against Dean at all, as I believe him more than any recent manager when he says the stuff he does - but ultimately it won’t matter if we don’t have the budget and resources to get those players.
  • Oggy Red said:
    fenaddick said:
    That does sound positive and fits in with what another poster was saying about potential new players being at the training ground.

However, and this is no disrespect to Dean at all, but I feel like it’s just a variation of a theme that I always hear most managers mention.

’big club, impressed by facilities, the way we want to play football etc etc..’

To be honest there’s not really necessarily much different he can say, but will be nice to see the words back up by some good signings. 
    It's not just about Dean Holden selling his ideas to prospective signings though.

It also gives Holden the chance to check out that a player's character and personality fits in with the ethos of what will be instilled into the squad.

Remember: the no dickeads rule.

Its not like he is going to say that he wants a team of mercenaries.

It’s just a variation on a theme of what all managers say about ‘having the right character’ in the squad.

Nothing against Dean at all, as I believe him more than any recent manager when he says the stuff he does - but ultimately it won’t matter if we don’t have the budget and resources to get those players.
    It's definitely more of a football mindset thing than a just general personality thing. Alfie May is a serious target but he is by all accounts an absolute pain in the arse. Committed footballer though so would probably pass the character test on that front
  • Sorry guys just noticed a posted this in the wrong thread earlier so putting it in here before the off topic police have a melt down :0

Heard a rumour that one of people Dean Holden has spoken to is Aiden Flint, take from that what you will, person who told me has been right and wrong in the past :)
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scott Banks 
    Think it's a perm.
    Surely not