Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Glen Rea from Luton.

• Cafc43v3r said:

Glen Rea from Luton.

Fantastic shout! Would cover Dobbo at CDM and I think originally came through at Brighton as a CB. 
  • Good call, on loan at Cheltenham.
  • Glen Denim-Wright ? From Redhill fc
    Glenda Jean Wright for the Cafc women's team  From Glebe ?
  • First name must be Glen or Dale ?
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Glen Rea from Luton.

👏 Sounds like the winner 

• ITTV is right!!!!
    It is happening ✍️
  • Glen Rea is another player with a bad injury record although he seems to have a good pedigree at this level.
  • Richard J said:
    Glen Rea is another player with a bad injury record although he seems to have a good pedigree at this level.
    Ideal signing then
  • TELTEL
    edited May 2023
    Has to be a Wright back...RB

Hill? Gorge? 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2023
    TEL said:
    Has to be a Wright back...RB

Hill? Gorge? 
    Or a wright arse! Welcome back Mr Bonne
  • It was Glen Rea
  • It was Glen Rea
    I know :smile:
  • If the Rea thing is true I’d guess McGrandles or Dobson will be off which would be disappointing. Personally wont be shocked if we were minus Dobson, Leaburn and CBT in next few weeks. I guess replacements for them would be what the new owners will be judged on. 
  • edited May 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    mart77 said:
    If the Rea thing is true I’d guess McGrandles or Dobson will be off which would be disappointing. Personally wont be shocked if we were minus Dobson, Leaburn and CBT in next few weeks. I guess replacements for them would be what the new owners will be judged on. 
    He said he made it up! 

There is no Rea thing other than Callum was bored. 

Look what you have done @Callumcafc you have just sold Dobson! 
    The sales suggestion are just what I’ve heard, nothing to do with Rea. Had heard one of the three was close to going but we were trying to keep him. 
  • edited May 2023
    mart77 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    mart77 said:
    If the Rea thing is true I’d guess McGrandles or Dobson will be off which would be disappointing. Personally wont be shocked if we were minus Dobson, Leaburn and CBT in next few weeks. I guess replacements for them would be what the new owners will be judged on. 
    He said he made it up! 

The sales suggestion are just what I’ve heard, nothing to do with Rea. Had heard one of the three was close to going but we were trying to keep him. 
    "If the Rea thing is true I’d guess McGrandles or Dobson will be off which would be disappointing" 

It wouldn't be surprising if we sold 1, or more, of our better players though would it?  Who ever the owner is.  If they want to go there isn't anything you can really do to stop them is there. 
  • Might be a little bit harder to sign Moxon from Carlisle now
  • Might be a little bit harder to sign Moxon from Carlisle now
    Doesn’t matter, confirms we are going up either way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Carlisle is just over two hours by car for me. I’ll definitely be there to see the lads promoted.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    mart77 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    mart77 said:
    He said he made it up! 

"If the Rea thing is true I’d guess McGrandles or Dobson will be off which would be disappointing" 

It wouldn't be surprising if we sold 1, or more, of our better players though would it?  Who ever the owner is.  If they want to go there isn't anything you can really do to stop them is there. 
    Leaving aside it was made up, having Rea doesn't mean either would be sold, especially as we've let go Morgan and Clare.

McGrandles isn't a midfield battler.
  • Carlisle is just over two hours by car for me. I’ll definitely be there to see the lads promoted.
    We'll get Carlisle away first day of the season now.
  • iaitch said:
    Carlisle is just over two hours by car for me. I’ll definitely be there to see the lads promoted.
    We'll get Carlisle away first day of the season now.
    The EFL had better take the Trophy up there for us then
  • While on the subject of Carlisle, saw a player I'd not heard of linked with them, us Huddersfield, and Swindon - Jesse Debrah, apparently a young CB who is out of contract with Halifax.

Only a social media rumour so probably nothing in it, but it's a rumour for the rumour thread!!
  • While on the subject of Carlisle, saw a player I'd not heard of linked with them, us Huddersfield, and Swindon - Jesse Debrah, apparently a young CB who is out of contract with Halifax.

Only a social media rumour so probably nothing in it, but it's a rumour for the rumour thread!!
    A player in non league, linked with a L2 club, 2 L1 clubs and a Championship club. All in different parts of the country.  :D
  • edited May 2023
    While on the subject of Carlisle, saw a player I'd not heard of linked with them, us Huddersfield, and Swindon - Jesse Debrah, apparently a young CB who is out of contract with Halifax.

A player in non league, linked with a L2 club, 2 L1 clubs and a Championship club. All in different parts of the country.  :D
    Yep! If you're generous you could say maybe a L2 side are after a starter, Championship side after a backup etc.

Someone more cynical may say it's a bad agent chucking names out!
  • Andy Cook has signed a new three-year contract at Bradford.

https://www.bradfordcityafc.com/news/2023/may/cook-pens-new-three-year-deal/
  • Whose the latest player to be seen at the training ground?