Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Major said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    How? Dean Holden said you can’t make signings until the window opens.
    Careful, don’t want to make Holden into a villain.
    Why not? Its blindingly obvious some on here always need a cat to kick. Makes 'em feel better, dunnit?
    For some yes. However that doesn’t make all criticism or questioning from others scapegoating.
  • I don’t own a cat, actually nobody really does.
    I do have back and front door visiting cats though.
  • seth plum said:
    I don’t own a cat, actually nobody really does.
    I do have back and front door visiting cats though.
    Is that a euphemism?
    You’re on fire today @Wheresmeticket?
  • 42-Followers... So could well be on the money with this one...

*following
    over 5k followers.
  • cafcfan said:
    Anyone got a comprehensive list of released players from various clubs?
    https://www.efl.com/news/2022/june/efl-professional-retain-list-202122/

That's last year's presumably there should be one soon for this summer.
    This one gives retained players so maybe you can work from it
    Every League One squad size and the amount of transfer work Portsmouth, Blackpool, Charlton,…The News, Portsmouth05:01

It was on Newsnow-Charlton Athletic this am
  • Sponsored links:

• What a signing he was!!

Listen to drive on TalkSport and he loves us!
    One of the only ones who doesn’t speak like he’s being prodded with a stick by the producer. 

*following
    over 5k followers.
    Thought Kane looked very lightweight. I know he hadn’t had much of a chance so far, but we always seem to lack athleticism. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Don't think I've seen someone have a debut as good as DBs was up at Sunderland. Could tell instantly we'd signed someone very special. 

If he went for £16m back then , imagine what he'd be worth in today's market. 
    Reasonable comparison today is Ivan Toney, both had two good seasons in an “unfashionable” premier league side, obviously Brentford didn’t get relegated but Toney would still probably go for 50mil.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Don't think I've seen someone have a debut as good as DBs was up at Sunderland. Could tell instantly we'd signed someone very special. 

If he went for £16m back then , imagine what he'd be worth in today's market. 
    Reasonable comparison today is Ivan Toney, both had two good seasons in an “unfashionable” premier league side, obviously Brentford didn’t get relegated but Toney would still probably go for 50mil.

Toney was the comp I had in my head , without the off the field issues he'd be going for £50m ish this summer to someone desperate for a striker. 
  • The thing with Bent is he was a massive signing for us and we played to his strengths. His strengths would have been effective in a lot of international games but because he was a Charlton player IMO, players like Gerrard didn't adapt to that and he had to graft for balls which wasn't his game. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Your reminder that we used to be an organised club who got their business done ASAP so new signings hit the ground running!

Made his debut against Feijenoord scored Twice. Won 2-0
  • edited June 2023
    Not been keeping up but I’m assuming we’ve re signed Darren Bent ? 
  • edited June 2023
    Can somebody post the photo with the headline Liverpool Sign Bent please?

No worries just found it.

• Come on goaly coach get in his ear😉✍🏻
  • Could suggest a move to 3-5-2, isn’t May more of a striker who’d play with a partner that as a lone striker?
  • edited June 2023
    Scoham said:
    Could suggest a move to 3-5-2, isn’t May more of a striker who’d play with a partner that as a lone striker?
    352 is holdens preferred system 
  • Interesting...what does this mean for the takeover..if anything!
  • What cash are we using to make this bid? It makes no sense we would be paying any sort of fee with an owner who is looking to sell 
  • LTKapal said:
    Scoham said:
    Could suggest a move to 3-5-2, isn’t May more of a striker who’d play with a partner that as a lone striker?
    352 is holdens preferred system 
    Exactly.

Is it a coincidence this news has broken one day before the season ticket deadline?