Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Could suggest a move to 3-5-2, isn’t May more of a striker who’d play with a partner that as a lone striker?
    Be nice to actually have an option?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Could suggest a move to 3-5-2, isn’t May more of a striker who’d play with a partner that as a lone striker?
    Agree but you’re always going to have a preferred system and that changes the type of players you sign.
  • Do we have any proof it's us?  or is it just a guess

If it's a 6 figure bid I presume that doesn't include the decimal places?
  • What cash are we using to make this bid? It makes no sense we would be paying any sort of fee with an owner who is looking to sell 
    Unless the takeover is that close and they are that confident of it being completed by the time his contract is up and we have to pay maybe end of june ?!
  • Scoham said:
    LTKapal said:
    Scoham said:
    352 is holdens preferred system 
    Exactly.

Is it a coincidence this news has broken one day before the season ticket deadline?
    Yes, almost certainly 
  • Swisdom said:
    Do we have any proof it's us?  or is it just a guess

Mentioned in the article by the Gloucestershire journalist.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/charlton-athletic-make-first-bid-8487557
  • Would expect this to be the start of a bidding war for May tbh. This could be one that drags and drags as opposed to bid gets accepted this week and he's announced Monday next week. 
  • If nothing else I’m encouraged that we are at least in the hunt for players like May. That’s a departure from recent windows. I’d be surprised if a team that finished above wasn’t ahead of us in bagging him though. It’ll come down to wages and I can’t see us competing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2023
    Swisdom said:
    Do we have any proof it's us?  or is it just a guess

Or it could just be his agent trying to get things moving?

Extremely hard to believe that Sandgaard would be putting a 6 figure bid in for a player, whilst not giving a fuck and trying to sell the club.
  • I'm hearing through my sources that May will be done in the next 48-hours

#donedeal #hearditherefirst
    That went over my head but very good, you bounder and cad;)
  • LTKapal said:
    Scoham said:
    Is that a definite? It's not as if he's managed several clubs over 10 years and played 352 in all of them. 
  • Anyone got a comprehensive list of released players from various clubs?
    Yes, I've just spent the last 3 weeks compiling it, anything more you may want?
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Agree but you’re always going to have a preferred system and that changes the type of players you sign.
    I don't think the make up of the squad would/should be any different.  Last season we only ever had 1, if that, fit striker and very rarely had more than 2 fit center halves.
  • If nothing else I’m encouraged that we are at least in the hunt for players like May. That’s a departure from recent windows. I’d be surprised if a team that finished above wasn’t ahead of us in bagging him though. It’ll come down to wages and I can’t see us competing. 
    might be swayed by where we are seeing as he's a local lad
  • LTKapal said:
    Scoham said:
    Is that a definite? It's not as if he's managed several clubs over 10 years and played 352 in all of them. 
    He has manged us for exactly 33.3% of his total career.  The sample size is far to small to produce a valid conclusion.

I do think it's safe to say we will see both next season though.  I also doubt we will start a game in any other formation.
  • WHAddick said:
    Interesting...what does this mean for the takeover..if anything!
    Nothing because as the club keeps saying the budget been set and whether the takeover happens or not it won’t affect the recruitment of course new owners may increase the budget ..
  • WHAddick said:
    Interesting...what does this mean for the takeover..if anything!
    Nothing because as the club keeps saying the budget been set and whether the takeover happens or not it won’t affect the recruitment of course new owners may increase the budget ..
    Or decrease it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Think this is a bit of agent talk 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Think this is a bit of agent talk 
    I’m sure gloucestershirelive will have checked with CTFC before pointing that story and why haven’t Cheltenham Town denied if not true ?
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Think this is a bit of agent talk 
    I’m sure gloucestershirelive will have checked with CTFC before pointing that story and why haven’t Cheltenham Town denied if not true ?
    Why deny it when you want a bidding war to commence 
  • Could this get as exciting as the Andy Delort saga or Lenglet? Maybe Max Gradel levels?

Just announce Stockley back on a 6 year deal already
  • Scoham said:

This is exactly what I’d be tweeting… 

If I were a West Brom fan.