Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• DOUCHER said:
    Richard J said:
    Rumour that Leeds want to release Lewis Bate. 

Local boy Worth a punt?
    Where did you get the rumour from? They paid money for him, he’s had a successful loan and they have dropped a division - can’t see them wanting to release him 
    Widely rumoured that Leeds will look to move him on. He plays in a position that they're already well covered so can't give him the minutes he needs to develop. 

Whether they sell or look to loan him again is the question though. I believe he did quite well at Oxford so he's one i think we should definitely take an interest in.
    Well let’s hope we have a different budget than last year then 
  • AndyG said:
    I'm surprised we havent heard anything on the return of Kirk, Lavelle etc yet it will be interesting to see if they do come back for pre season or whether they are shipped straight out
    Probably waiting to hear if Thomas and Hector will sign before sorting out Lavelle's future. No reason to keep Kirk with CBT and Campbell signed up. As for DJ, have to wait and see
  • ross1 said:
    AndyG said:
    I'm surprised we havent heard anything on the return of Kirk, Lavelle etc yet it will be interesting to see if they do come back for pre season or whether they are shipped straight out
    Probably waiting to hear if Thomas and Hector will sign before sorting out Lavelle's future. No reason to keep Kirk with CBT and Campbell signed up. As for DJ, have to wait and see
    I believe CBT is a man in demand.
  • I do worry how we can make the signings we need if the new ownership is not actually involved for another month or two but maybe when PS previously mentioned an agreed budget with future owners that means Sandgaard can pay for those signings with it added to the sale price but that seems a little strange.

It is football though and normal business principles seem to get kicked to the curb, so fingers crossed. 
  • Richard J said:
    I can see Alfie May happening now.

Both Mendonca and Taylor were of a similar age and experience when we signed them.Both were successful at a higher level.Although injury destroyed Clive's career iirc his goals per game ratio in the Prem was quite good.
    Yh add to that list Ricky Holmes, Andy Gray and Andy Hunt (albeit the latter was slightly younger) the point being it would be nice to actually sign someone with a proven track record at the level and quite reliable in terms of injury record , instead of scrapping around in the bargain bucket for loans , frees, sick notes and unproven youngsters 
  • Sponsored links:

• masicat said:
     Clare-Harris is apparently now a target. Source has been pretty reliable to date. 
    The additional bums it would put on seats would fund a chunk of the fee.
  • masicat said:
     Clare-Harris is apparently now a target. Source has been pretty reliable to date. 
    We'll have Clarke-Harris | May | Leaburn | Michael Smith as our Strikers next year, and it'll be the year they ALL have goal droughts ;)
    Not with dack creating chances for them all 😬
  • Surely he'll go to a championship club. Peterborough must be looking to at least recoup what they paid for him, which i think is close to 2m with add ons.
  • Surely Clarke-Harris will have multiple championship teams chasing him and willing to pay millions in a transfer fee but hey it is fun to dream. 
  • masicat said:
    Clarke-Harris from Wish.com?
  • edited June 2023
    masicat said:
    We'll have Clarke-Harris | May | Leaburn | Michael Smith as our Strikers next year, and it'll be the year they ALL have goal droughts ;)
    Not with dack creating chances for them all 😬
    Picks up an ACL @ Welling United - Christophe Lepoint is signed as his replacement
  • edited June 2023
    masicat said:
    Peterborough looking for a 7 figure sum here
  • Sponsored links:

• Few (positive) things worth pointing out re: JCH
    We have literally no idea what our budget will be.  And it’s not beyond the realms of possibility for a league one side to spend a 7 figure fee.

On the negative side would Peterborough be willing to sell to a league one rival. 
  • ross1 said:
    AndyG said:
    Even if Thomas and Hector didn't sign, I can't see Lavelle being wanted by Holden. 
    Don't think Homebase would take Lavelle on after last season
  • edited June 2023
    Richard J said:
    On the positive side. the one thing which TS ( was it really him) said on Linkedin which I agree with is that the transfer market is more favourable this year.

Two years ago we had Wigan ( what happened to them) , Ipswich and Wednesday throwing silly money at top level L1 players. last season Ipswich and Wednesday were joined by Derby. This year both Ipswich and Wednesday are in the Championship and have been replaced by Wigan who are now in a very different place to two years ago, Reading who are in an embargo and Blackpool, I suspect apart from Derby we could probably match most top L1 clubs.

That said I can't see Peterborough selling us Clarke Harris, but I can see the likes of Bradley Dack signing and as I say above Alfie May as Cheltenham would not be in the mix for promotion.
    If the price was right  Peterborough will sell to whomever. They’ll lose him regardless but I’m sure we’ll be a way down the pecking order. I think May is unlikely but Clarke-Harris is probably a bridge way too far.
  • Top priority is quality centre back and left back IMHO. The real problem is conceding goals rather than scoring, that said, we still need a striker.
    Two
  • Suddenly top players are real targets. I might log into Teamtalk to check this out!
  • Top priority is quality centre back and left back IMHO. The real problem is conceding goals rather than scoring, that said, we still need a striker.
    I agree to an extent but remember we’ve lost Rak-Sakyi, those goals and threat have to be replaced.