Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• We need a squad not just a starting 11. Sess is exactly the type of player we should be trying to get
    A fit Sess, yes. No good having a squad made up of people who are out for 2-3 months a season.

• After our experience with Chuks Aneke and Chris Solly with his knee issue how can we buy Stephen Sessegnon (another loan maybe) when he struggles to play two games in a row and I believe no operation was possible or needed ?

We can't keep having players who are only fit for 23 matches. If they get injured while playing for us then that is football but why buy someone with an on going issue ?

It gives our negative fans a chance to blame our medical staff and coaches all the time.
    Well done to our medical staff for helping Ryan Inniss to be fit for selection in over 40 matches last season; he missed more games through suspension than injury last season which ironically was his last at Cafc.

The thought of Chuks playing 23 matches would be fantastic; despite his abilities it must be time to pay up Aneke's contract as despite being muscular and strong his body can't do contact sport. 
    He was available for 36 out of 46 matches before he left for Birmingham but only 13 in 22/23. 
    A real shame.
    It was said no operation was needed but that’s possibly because he didn’t want to miss games and it was manageable by not playing every game. He might now have had the operation, so that he’s ready for next season. He played 33 games last season so I’d still say he’s worth signing as long as he isn’t asking for too much

Might be a bit risky having him and Egbo as the only right back options though as both struggled with injuries, Asiimwe did look like he could be a good option though so maybe he will be good enough to step up 
  • I think even with Aneke available for a chunk of the season I'd still want 2 strikers in - gives the chance to get Dan Kanu either a top end NL or lower L2 loan. 
  • edited June 2023
    Aneke is the perfect bench player so no dramas keeping him, can anyone recall a player in modern history that has had the sub impact that Chuks has for us? Players just look demoralised up against him. Football is squad game and if Chuks can offer us 20/30 minutes every league game and with the potential impact he has, I don't think we are at a loss. 

Sess would be a fantastic signing for us, he's a 100%er, seems to like it here and is a talented young player, two thumbs up from me. 

The pipe dream now is Alfie May and potentially Stockton, although I've heard he is looking likely to go to Derby County. 

Just food for thought, would anyway be too upset if we sold Leaburn and replaced him with JCH, not to be one of those annoying twitter accounts but if (big IF) we did manage to sell the likes of Kirk and Lavelle and get a fee for Leaburn, I think that would be quite good business.

Been an admirer of JCH for some time and as others have stated I don't see him being too favourable for a championship move, I don't think he did enough while up there to justify the asking price, you get him in league 1 though and it practically guarantees the play offs with his goal return. 

Imagine the little man big man combo of JCH and Alfie May, my word

Anyway back to football manager 
  • A lot of speculation about Sessegnon having/or had an op.
    Anyone know the facts as a fully fit Sess would be a great signing. imo
  • Josh Key would be a fantastic signing regardless of if we got Sess or not. Would take Sam Smith too even if we signed May , as he can operate wide as well. 

Harvey Knibbs would be a good option if we're looking for wingers. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Josh Key would be a fantastic signing regardless of if we got Sess or not. Would take Sam Smith too even if we signed May , as he can operate wide as well. 

Harvey Knibbs would be a good option if we're looking for wingers. 
    Josh Key will end up in the championship, Swansea I think. Archie Collins from Exeter might be more realistic and a good upgrade on Morgan 
  • Sponsored links:

• It depends with Aneke now. Each injury knocks your explosive pace and power. Instead those kinda players end up getting lairy and into mini rucks because of frustration. 

Let's see.
  • Sam Smith would defo be on my list along with Mendes Gomes.
  • If we are making serious enquiries for players like Alfie May things are looking up if we can get 4 or 5 signings of that ilk we will have a great chance next season
  • Oh OK do they pass the height test?
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd be amazed if Bradley Dack comes to Charlton. It would be a huge wage cut, his history with us is not good and the last time I spoke to his mum she said he was very happy living in Salford Quays.

• I'd be amazed if Bradley Dack comes to Charlton. It would be a huge wage cut, his history with us is not good and the last time I spoke to his mum she said he was very happy living in Salford Quays.

I'm very happy living where I live. But if I was out of work and new job offers were at the other end of the country, then I would have to move

I am off to Slaford Quays this morning, I'll have a word if I see him.
  • edited June 2023
    I'd be amazed if Bradley Dack comes to Charlton. It would be a huge wage cut, his history with us is not good and the last time I spoke to his mum she said he was very happy living in Salford Quays.

I'm very happy living where I live. But if I was out of work and new job offers were at the other end of the country, then I would have to move

You are not alone with that choice.
    With Footballers it always about options in their short careers.
    Jayden Stockley was very happy living in Godstone, Surrey with his wife and 3 children including his new born Son.
    We met at a National trust property in Sussex the week after the Ipswich 4-0 defeat in the final game.
    Remember this is when he was rated by most Charlton fans after 20 goals in all competitions with a strike partner !

" I'm settled in the south and at Charlton and don't want to go back up North." 

JJ leaves, Garner comes in and Stockley in a 3 up front looks lost and by the time Holden takes over, JS loses the captain's armband and is benched. 

Window opens and Jayden with his Dale Stephens Satnav ends up in Fleetwood!
    "It was a no brainer move as I can play in a two up front"
    Some thing smells fishy and no talk of the beautiful south 🤷🏼‍♂️

I would imagine Dack would've Championship or League 1 clubs within commuting distance from Salford interested so no need to return south if he and his WAG are settled.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I'd be amazed if Bradley Dack comes to Charlton. It would be a huge wage cut, his history with us is not good and the last time I spoke to his mum she said he was very happy living in Salford Quays.

Yeah but he resides in Salford Quays, you going to Slaford Quays will be useless. 

Anyway if you do make it to Salford Quays, just chat to him via his Ring Video Doorbell. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

You might have to leave a message. He is on Honeymoon in Dubai at the moment!
    So is Albie at the moment.  Perhaps they are swapping shirts
  • The old Aneke question.  Of course, we have to keep him, unless the owners are flush with cash and are happy to pay him up, but I highly doubt that.  

The issue I have with it is that people still have the opinion that he’s this beast who terrorizes defences based on the 20/21 season.  He was affective coming off the bench, but with each year that has past, and each additional injury, he’s become less effective.  

I am not saying he’s isn’t worth keeping given the contractual situation and the fact we know he’s knackered, but I don’t believe he’s capable of what he once was, even coming off the bench 
  • cabbles said:
    The old Aneke question.  Of course, we have to keep him, unless the owners are flush with cash and are happy to pay him up, but I highly doubt that.  

The issue I have with it is that people still have the opinion that he’s this beast who terrorizes defences based on the 20/21 season.  He was affective coming off the bench, but with each year that has past, and each additional injury, he’s become less effective.  

I am not saying he’s isn’t worth keeping given the contractual situation and the fact we know he’s knackered, but I don’t believe he’s capable of what he once was, even coming off the bench 
    I think that’s fair. Holden will know everything he needs to know by the end of pre season. 
  • If Holden does go back to 3-5-2 I’d be interested to see if Aneke was more durable given he’d have less running to do