Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Sage said:
    Looking forward to when we do announce a few signings, then the summer really is underway and preparations, alongside the release of fixtures, will feel more real and anticipation starts to rise.

Think we probably need a right back, 2 left backs, 3 centre backs, 2 or 3 midfielders, 2 wingers, and 1 or 2 strikers. Then let go of all the loan players from last year (other than maybe having another look at McGrandles). There's a hell of a lot of work to be done.
    I can't see us getting 13 new players in 
  • A player I've always liked is Jack Colback, he is a midfielder who also plays LB. He's played in Prem, for Sunderland, Newcastle and Forest, he has just been released from Forest, aged 33, he would be a very good squad player in my opinion.
    Like Watson and Arter  

• Three fees paid. Four frees and four loans
    Guess or what you’ve heard?
  • I’m not totally against getting a 30 something experienced head in the building.  It depends where their hearts at however.  

Is Jack Colback, who’s played for three very big clubs at higher levels really going to fancy it in league one for a club he has no links to?  Same goes for Billy sharpe, he’s been there and done it at his boyhood club, I can’t see him being up for what’s going to be a big challenge down in league one (again for him) away from familiar territory.  

• Valley11 said:
    Three fees paid. Four frees and four loans
    Guess or what you’ve heard?
    Bit of both
  • A player I've always liked is Jack Colback, he is a midfielder who also plays LB. He's played in Prem, for Sunderland, Newcastle and Forest, he has just been released from Forest, aged 33, he would be a very good squad player in my opinion.
    Have you not learnt from the Arter/Watson signings? What's he done of late, rather than in his "pomp"?
  • Sage said:
    Said for a while about the issue around stretching in football and it is a huge issues as a whole.

I know for an absolute fact, from someone in a position of expertise, that the players in general, and the club as a whole, have been told how a number  of our injuries can be prevented or risks reduced if they stretch and stretch correctly.

We know how many hamstring injuries we have had over the last 18-24 months, and although it is a common injury in football, it can be prevented if you actually strengthen and stretch them correctly. It does not happen across the board enough or well enough.

Does it happen at Charlton? Only the players and those at the club can truly answer that, and with honesty too.

Regarding Chuks, I hope he is feeling much better now and can get through a pre-season because if he can, he will be a huge asset, as we know his ability. If he breaks down and can't get through it, his career, at least at Charlton, will probably be in doubt.

I’ve noticed on a number of occasions that Chuks doesn’t seem to do any sort of proper warm up as a sub compared to everyone else.
    11 arrivals would be about right I reckon
  • Sponsored links:

• Plaaayer said:
    Sage said:
    Said for a while about the issue around stretching in football and it is a huge issues as a whole.

I know for an absolute fact, from someone in a position of expertise, that the players in general, and the club as a whole, have been told how a number  of our injuries can be prevented or risks reduced if they stretch and stretch correctly.

We know how many hamstring injuries we have had over the last 18-24 months, and although it is a common injury in football, it can be prevented if you actually strengthen and stretch them correctly. It does not happen across the board enough or well enough.

Does it happen at Charlton? Only the players and those at the club can truly answer that, and with honesty too.

Regarding Chuks, I hope he is feeling much better now and can get through a pre-season because if he can, he will be a huge asset, as we know his ability. If he breaks down and can't get through it, his career, at least at Charlton, will probably be in doubt.

I’ve noticed on a number of occasions that Chuks doesn’t seem to do any sort of proper warm up as a sub compared to everyone else.
    I've noticed that too and won't buy any drivel about him doing a number of static stretches in the changing room!
  • I’m not totally against getting a 30 something experienced head in the building.  It depends where their hearts at however.  

Is Jack Colback, who’s played for three very big clubs at higher levels really going to fancy it in league one for a club he has no links to?  Same goes for Billy sharpe, he’s been there and done it at his boyhood club, I can’t see him being up for what’s going to be a big challenge down in league one (again for him) away from familiar territory.  

I think we desperately need a ‘senior pro’ in the building, on the whole the squad is quite young 
  • Until Methven changes his trousers I can’t see us making any signings. 

Is there anyone on trouser watch?
  • fenaddick said:
    I’m not totally against getting a 30 something experienced head in the building.  It depends where their hearts at however.  

I think we desperately need a ‘senior pro’ in the building, on the whole the squad is quite young 
    Don’t disagree.  It’s got to be their right character who’s still hungry for a league one promotion fight.  I’d take a Stockton or May over Billy sharpe personally because they’ll be more up for getting a league one promotion on their CVs.
  • Until Methven changes his trousers I can’t see us making any signings. 

Is there anyone on trouser watch?
    Like yer thinkin.  I will monitor if he comes across too posh, just to safeguard the CL class warriors!
  • Can't see Colbeck wishing to relocate to London if his family are settled up north. Could see him going to Derby or maybe Sheffield Wednesday.
  • Plaaayer said:
    Sage said:

He doesn’t want to wear himself out for the 20 mins a season he plays. 
  • fenaddick said:
    I’m not totally against getting a 30 something experienced head in the building.  It depends where their hearts at however.  

I'd agree with that. But would hope that Hector would be the pro in question. Plus the likes of Dobson and Fraser are actually pretty experienced relatively speaking. I'd rather look at players in the mid-late 20s for experience not the 30+ range, as a general rule anyway.
  • Presumably now we are backed by a billionaire we have enough cash to keep hold of Aneke. As an impact sub he's great in this league,.

Innis had a great season fitness wise so let's not rule out Aneke just yet 
  • Sponsored links:

• I’d hope that as well as looking at new players, the new owners are looking at a new deal for Dobbo to kick off the summer. Such things, backed by decent quality new signings would no doubt have fans and players powering into the season. 
  • mart77 said:
    I’d hope that as well as looking at new players, the new owners are looking at a new deal for Dobbo to kick off the summer. Such things, backed by decent quality new signings would no doubt have fans and players powering into the season. 
    Good point i’d like to see us tie down our main players like Dobbo, Leaburn , CBT ect ect on improved deals 
  • Valley69 said:
    N
    A
    B
  • I would hope that they give Ness a better deal, being as he got into the team as an under 21 player, but before injury was the main central defender 
  • sam3110 said:
    Yeah but how tall is she @captainbob
    Already Solly height by Year 7.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    mart77 said:
    I’d hope that as well as looking at new players, the new owners are looking at a new deal for Dobbo to kick off the summer. Such things, backed by decent quality new signings would no doubt have fans and players powering into the season. 
    Good point i’d like to see us tie down our main players like Dobbo, Leaburn , CBT ect ect on improved deals 
    Leaburn on a 3 year deal , Dobbo and CBT have another year so no need to panic