Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Havent got an issue with Mingi as a player but will we have fitness issues with him? 
  • As much chance of me playing for Charlton next season as Mingi.
  • in fairness In terms of play style I can imagine a Stockton may partnership being decent, both very different attributes
  • If mingi signed I'd be shocked. Not sure he or his agent hold Charlton in high regard. 
  • Looked at this for the first time in a while. 430 new posts and yet we don’t know if it’s CM group or TS who will own us through the summer window.
    I fail to se how we are getting linked with anyone let alone placing 6 figure bids.
    Bizarre. Can’t imagine Sandgaard wants to spend anything with our losses.
  • I just pray Alfie May isn’t the 2023 version of Nicky Ajose.
    He’s had 2 good seasons now so don’t think he will be an Ajose one-season wonder signing. Also has a lot more to his game to Ajose so even if he’s not hitting 20 goals in at least he will offer something 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sonny Bradley and Henri Lansbury being released by Luton. No mention of Greg Rea who was mentioned on here earlier.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Think this is a bit of agent talk 
    I’m sure gloucestershirelive will have checked with CTFC before pointing that story and why haven’t Cheltenham Town denied if not true ?
    Why would they deny it? No secret May is leaving and Cheltenham want a bidding war so they get the best price they can. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Think this is a bit of agent talk 
    I’m sure gloucestershirelive will have checked with CTFC before pointing that story and why haven’t Cheltenham Town denied if not true ?
    Why would they deny it? No secret May is leaving and Cheltenham want a bidding war so they get the best price they can. 
    To that end, it might have even been put out there by Cheltenham to encourage bids from other clubs that have money to spend.
  • I just pray Alfie May isn’t the 2023 version of Nicky Ajose.
    I'm fairly confident he wouldn't be.  Whenever he's played against us he's been a complete menace.  He's like Washington except less of a nob, and can finish :-)
  • I think any bidding war for May will be much more about his wages than what Cheltenham receive.
  • I assume making an offer allows us to speak with him these days especially when he has already told Cheltenham he is off ?
  • I’ll still be amazed if we pay a fee for anyone.
  • edited June 2023
    When was the last time we made a signing that got us excited? Post Premier League days. 
    I’m not sure I can remember one, if I’m honest. Not since I’ve being paying attention, 2016.
    Gallagher was a kid. Lyle Taylor was so-so at Wimbledon. Hadn’t heard of Cullen when he joined us.
    I remember being excited by Simonsen back in ‘82.  
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    When was the last time we made a signing that got us excited? Post Premier League days. 
    I’m not sure I can remember one, if I’m honest. Not since I’ve being paying attention, 2016.
    Gallagher was a kid. Lyle Taylor was so-so at Wimbledon. Hadn’t heard of Cullen when he joined us.
    A few of the early Roland ones, like Berg-Gudmundsson and Vetokele certainly got me excited.
  • barstool said:
    I assume making an offer allows us to speak with him these days especially when he has already told Cheltenham he is off ?
    Only if Cheltenham agree to us doing so, he’s still under contract for another year. And you’d think they would only agree if we were close to matching their valuation. Saying that it’s rumoured that he’s already been to the training ground so maybe Cheltenham are letting him do so and then waiting a suitable bid.
  • JamesSeed said:
    You got excited about Dobson because of your Womble friend.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Charlie Kirk... Scott Fraser...
    Good call. A bit of tingle at least. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    JamesSeed said:
    You got excited about Dobson because of your Womble friend.
    Had forgotten that. Good memory Cafc43!
    And actually remember hearing very good things about Egbo helping to turn Swindon’s season around as well.
    I think Alfie May and Stockton might be between the tingle and excitement zones. 
  • I like Stockton, but have we ever been linked with him?
  • Bilko said:
    I like Stockton, but have we ever been linked with him?
    Only on here.
  • LTKapal said:
    Scoham said:
    Could suggest a move to 3-5-2, isn’t May more of a striker who’d play with a partner that as a lone striker?
    352 is holdens preferred system 
    Re-sign Stockley