Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scott Banks 
    Think it's a perm.
    Surely not
    He’s 22 in September, been loaned out since 2020 and JRS will be ahead of him, doesn’t seem that unlikely to me.
  • Talk of Clare interesting some Championship clubs, and immediately we get the line "not good enough for the Championship" just because he didn't do so good for us,... well we certainly have a high opinion of ourselves sometimes don't we...
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Sorry guys just noticed a posted this in the wrong thread earlier so putting it in here before the off topic police have a melt down :0

Heard a rumour that one of people Dean Holden has spoken to is Aiden Flint, take from that what you will, person who told me has been right and wrong in the past :)
    Could make sense if he’s worked with him previously at Bristol C and briefly at Stoke.
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scott Banks 
    Think it's a perm.
    Surely not
    He’s 22 in September, been loaned out since 2020 and JRS will be ahead of him, doesn’t seem that unlikely to me.
    Thought he was younger than that so perhaps more feasible than I thought… would still require a not insignificant fee though you’d think
  • edited May 2023
    Talk of Clare interesting some Championship clubs, and immediately we get the line "not good enough for the Championship" just because he didn't do so good for us,... well we certainly have a high opinion of ourselves sometimes don't we...
    Odd take.  People have seen him be average in L1, so think he won't be much good in the Championship?

Charlton don't exist in some weird isolation,  he was playing 23 other L1 clubs.
    Fair enough...it's not all about Clare or anyone in the team, it is about the team as a whole, and the team as a whole has been below average for some time now, I just think that Clare could do better in a better team..ie a Championship possibly...just my take...🤷‍♂️
  • Aden Flint being followed on Twitter by Ron Dangerfield Charlton secretary ?
  • Aden Flint being followed on Twitter by Ron Dangerfield Charlton secretary ?
    Good spot but looks like it's a Stoke fan who was at Maldon & Tiptree when Ron was rather than Aden Flint himself.

• Sponsored links:

• edited May 2023
    Aden Flint being followed on Twitter by Ron Dangerfield Charlton secretary ?
    ADAM Flint is not ADEN Flint. 
  • The real Aden Flint follows Stoke's Tyrese Campbell 👀
  • I was told by those involved in our recruitment that the average age of the squad needs increasing to improve the current imbalance (too young) or in other words some more experienced players would be coming in and those would also feature some stronger (body type) players, particularly at the back. The first bit aligns with the sorts of players being mentioned/suggested. 
    Would be quite funny if we brought Darren Pratley back after getting rid of him for being too old
  • edited May 2023
    Just to end any nonsense that we can't sign or announce anything until the window opens or 1st July... AFC Wimbledon have announced their first signing.

Not sure why Holden tried to tell us otherwise.

“We can’t announce any signings until the window opens,” said Holden, when asked for an update on the club’s negotiations.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/potential-charlton-athletic-signings-have-held-face-to-face-training-ground-meetings-with-dean-holden/
  • Scoham said:
    Just to end any nonsense that we can't sign or announce anything until the window opens or 1st July... AFC Wimbledon have announced their first signing.

“We can’t announce any signings until the window opens,” said Holden, when asked for an update on the club’s negotiations.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/potential-charlton-athletic-signings-have-held-face-to-face-training-ground-meetings-with-dean-holden/
    A family friend, they are all Addicks, probably paves the way for Gilbey to go back to Stevanage
  • edited May 2023
    Isn't Aden Flint playing for Wednesday in the playoff final?
  • Scoham said:

Perhaps when he said "can't" he meant in full: " we can't because we haven't got the money right now to pay signing-on fees or agents expenses". We have to wait until someone comes in who is prepared to give the club some money. That won't be until after the window opens."
  • Scoham said:

I mean he's kind of right, deals aren't officially official until the window opens. But obviously stuff like this happens all the time. 

I wouldn't read too much into that, I feel like that's a thing managers say, like "I don't want to talk about another club's player." 

That's not to say funds are available or that we'll sign anyone this summer, it's just I wouldn't base too much around that line alone.
  • JordanJLD said:
    It’s great seeing all these young players signing their first professional contracts. Future first team starters the lot of them! Future as in 5th August 2023 at this bloody rate. 
    There’s pessimism and there’s golfie and then this.
    Was only joking fella

They’ll be sold before they make it to the first team ffs*

*another joke 
  • edited May 2023
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scott Banks 
    Think it's a perm.
    Surely not
    Thought he was younger than that so perhaps more feasible than I thought… would still require a not insignificant fee though you’d think
    Minimal fee, which will probably actually end up in Banks, or his agent's, pocket and a sell on fee would be my guess.

This has been on the cards for a while.  Obviously not done until its done.

You can say what you like about Palace but they are very good at rehousing their unwanted players.
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:
    Scoham said:

I mean he's kind of right, deals aren't officially official until the window opens. But obviously stuff like this happens all the time. 

I wouldn't read too much into that, I feel like that's a thing managers say, like "I don't want to talk about another club's player." 

That's not to say funds are available or that we'll sign anyone this summer, it's just I wouldn't base too much around that line alone.
    No, he said ‘we can’t announce any signings until the window opens’ which is not correct. Maybe he could have said ‘we don’t want to announce any signings until the window opens’ but if someone had signed why wouldn’t you want to announce it especially if you are trying to shift season tickets. So either Dean isn’t aware that you don’t have to wait until the window opens, which I doubt, or we won’t have tied anyone down until after the window has opened which is very likely.
  • Richard J said:
    Isn't Aden Flint playing for Wednesday tomorrow?
    He's on loan there
  • Scoham said:

Perhaps because of agreements with other clubs, while the player is still contracted to them?  Maybe it's club policy. I don't know and nor do you, so why make Holden out to be the villain?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scott Banks 
    Think it's a perm.
    Surely not
    Minimal fee, which will probably actually end up in Banks, or his agent's, pocket and a sell on fee would be my guess.

This has been on the cards for a while.  Obviously not done until its done.

You can say what you like about Palace but they are very good at rehousing their unwanted players.
    And sadly, for many years they have appointed the right manager for their needs.
    They're still c**** though!
  • SDAddick said:
    Scoham said:

Signings are officially official no matter when they take place. The player just can’t be registered until the window open, the contract would still be valid and official.
  • edited May 2023
    Major said:
    Scoham said:

Perhaps because of agreements with other clubs, while the player is still contracted to them?  Maybe it's club policy. I don't know and nor do you, so why make Holden out to be the villain?
    It would be unusual given several clubs have announced deals throughout May, see here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers

My guess is it’s more to do with the potential takeover than a club policy or an agreement between clubs.

Villain? Not at all, that’s a very black and white way of looking at things. I found it strange to say it’s due to the window when we can see other clubs are announcing signings. I still back him 100% as manager.
  • Scoham said:
    Major said:
    Scoham said:

It would be unusual given several clubs have announced deals throughout May, see here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers

My guess is it’s more to do with the potential takeover than a club policy or an agreement between clubs.

Villain? Not at all, that’s a very black and white way of looking at things. I found it strange to say it’s due to the window when we can see other clubs are announcing signings. I still back him 100% as manager.
    Chances are everyone is overthinking it. He's saying we can't announce anything because there is absolutely nothing to announce. But just saying "We're miles off, nothing lined up yet" is just going to annoy some fans so he chucked in the transfer window line as a cheap sop.
  • edited May 2023
    I suspect it is more to do with the player being under contract to another club until the contract expires so it wrong to announce him as your player. That is why we are not seeing loads of announcements elsewhere either.