Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• PWADDICK said:
    Kane Vincent-Young has been released by Ipswich, always thought he looked good whenever we played them
    The releases Ipswich player we should be looking at is clearly Penney
  • There’s a striker in league 2 who finished with 19 goals. The names Bogle , Omar Bogle . I guess he’s at his level. Couldn’t have seen him hitting 19 in 5 years here.
    Tbf they were generally tap ins and he still looked crap.
    A friend of mine a Newport fan said he’s frustrating but does score. I said that’s an upgrade on frustrating who can’t score the Bogle at Charlton.
  • PWADDICK said:
    Kane Vincent-Young has been released by Ipswich, always thought he looked good whenever we played them
    Over the last 3 games, we averaged 5 goals conceded. They could have played Matt Penny and he would have looked good!!!!

agree though, he has looked good when I've seen him play (not against us)
  • edited May 2023
    Have any of the out of contract players we offered contracts to accepted them yet?

Or are they waiting for reams to confirm the takeover is done first?
  • fenaddick said:
    PWADDICK said:
    If they had a player called Pound we could go for them both
  • Kap10 said:
    fenaddick said:
    PWADDICK said:
    That would be pound wise penny stupid
  • Scoham said:

But large part of the EFL have been done already so won’t be that long 
  • edited May 2023
    Scoham said:

Do you know who submits the paper work to the EFL and when they are allowed to do so?

Of course you don't and of you did you would know that that isn't possible.

You can't just submit your own paper work "just in case".  The club have to do it and they can't until a SPA has been signed.

Which funny enough is, normally, when you get the takeover agreed pending EFL approval announcement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    A transfer rumour!

Not a very inspiring one though
  • Not overly surprised about Gwion Edwards.

I've already questioned if he'd be a summer target myself, given we tried to get him in January.

Been a decent player at this level, ideally more of a backup winger
  • Fucking hell we're like the desperate ex going back to their abusive partner
  • Kap10 said:
    fenaddick said:
    PWADDICK said:
    Yes and we'd only really have to worry about looking after Penney too...
  • Scoham said:

Well that's not true. Yes a little bit is done, which is CM and JR passing owners test, that is about it. The main money men would have to pass, and the structure of the deal, plus proof of funding would still need to be done. It will still take a good few weeks. They might already have everything to go to the EFL, but EFL can't action until SPA has been signed.

• Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Not overly surprised about Gwion Edwards.

I've already questioned if he'd be a summer target myself, given we tried to get him in January.

Been a decent player at this level, ideally more of a backup winger
    Which is exactly what we don't need.  Signing players like that makes releasing the likes of Clare, Inniss etc a bit pointless.

We need a real injection of quality.  If we signed him either CBT or Cambell would have to be first choice, if not both.

Can't comment on Edwards but agree we really need 1st 11 players who are better than Clare and Morgan etc or otherwise what was the point of getting rid of players who played plenty of games and helped Cafc to 10th place (better than bottom 6!)

Do we want to be contenders ?

The fan/critics do so we should target players that fit the template with fitness, character, hunger, and improvement plus playing for a London club they won't get homesick. You only needed to see social media to see that Marcus Madison was a lost soul and would never had passed the Curbs test. (How was Andy Todd a good character after beating up Phil Brown ?
    Dean Kiely agrees  !)

Personally I want players who are capable of playing 100 minutes if need be and can play two games in a row ! Sorry Sess but if no operation your career will stagnate if knee not sorted. 
    It's a 16 player game now but we really don't need too many players with a 60 minute battery like the popular Williams or CBT now who can be an x factor player.

We appear to be in the same loop with no clear strategy until TS goes or new owners or investment appears.

Is it really too much to ask as an ex Premier club to get players in that are capable of top 6 in the competitive but mediocre 3rd tier of the EFL ?

Coventry and Luton have managed to bounce back from below the gutter so why can't Cafc 😤 
  • Harlee Dean released by Birmingham. A centre back partnership of him and hector next season would be a very good foundation if we could afford it. Went on loan to Sheffield Wednesday last season after falling out with Bowyer so could definitely be tempted to a L1 club with ambition.
  • Jac_52 said:
    Harlee Dean released by Birmingham. A centre back partnership of him and hector next season would be a very good foundation if we could afford it. Went on loan to Sheffield Wednesday last season after falling out with Bowyer so could definitely be tempted to a L1 club with ambition.
    Fits the criteria of someone we get linked to most transfer windows. Him and Hayden Mullins incoming 
  • Jac_52 said:
    Harlee Dean released by Birmingham. A centre back partnership of him and hector next season would be a very good foundation if we could afford it. Went on loan to Sheffield Wednesday last season after falling out with Bowyer so could definitely be tempted to a L1 club with ambition.
    We were linked with him when Bowyer was in charge, I think.
  • Jac_52 said:
    Would be an excellent signing and has leadership qualities that will only help young centre backs like Ness and Mitchell.

Agree that him and Hector together would be great, but don’t want to push Ness down the pecking order either.

However, could see us going to a back 3 at times next season and a 3 of Ness, Hector and Dean is decent for this level.
  • Just seen Ravel Morrison in cheshire oaks….would say join us but he’d be the biggest dickhead in SE London