Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• NabySarr said:
    Centre back is an interesting one, we don't want to potentially stunt the development of Elerewe etc, but we're one injury to Hector, Ness, Jones (and they've all had recent injuries or injury issues in the past) from Thomas maybe playing 40 odd games.
    Thomas seems like a great guy to have around the dressing room and is an ok player, but I really feel like signing him was a mistake and that we needed a better senior left sided centre back option. Hopefully we still get one in 
    I think he's fine as a back up to the 3 CB positions and LB, but in a sense that I'd want him to play cup games and cover those occasions when we have a few players out etc.

But I don't think he should be 'first change' for either position and therefore one bad tackle/bad injury away from basically playing all season.
  • Not ITK at all…but a friend of mine from Perth has said St. Johnstone are interested in Connor McGrandles 
    Ship em out, get some in!
  • Centre back is an interesting one, we don't want to potentially stunt the development of Elerewe etc, but we're one injury to Hector, Ness, Jones (and they've all had recent injuries or injury issues in the past) from Thomas maybe playing 40 odd games.
    We’re a third tier team and we won’t have top quality cover for every position. That will be the same for all the teams though. To sustain a push we’ll need to add a good splash of luck to all of the other attributes required. Without that final element it’s very hard.
    Don’t even think we need top quality cover but we will need another CB through the door IMO. 
  • bobmunro said:
    ross1 said:
    AndyG said:
    WHAddick said:
    So if there is not really anyone else shouldn't we just pay the 1mio odd for Nombe? Not saying we should necessarily,  interested in everyone's views.
    Transfer fees mean nothing to us as the fanbase of this club. No matter how big or small it won't influence the sustainability at this level. So from our perspective as fans, we can just hope the owners spend as much as possible until they get bored of the losses.
    Absolutely not this. The owners need to run the club properly. Not throw stupid money down the drain just because they can. Spend what you have wisely and have in place people who know what they are doing.
    TS is a good example of this. Nobody can accuse him of not spending money, £500k for Kirk etc. Its just the money was spent badly when you look at what that money can actually buy at our level
    The problem was who was advising him about which players to get in, using his son who has no experience was the worst decision he could have made, as well as appointing his partner to be HR, illegally. He deserves all the money he lost
    Yes - he missed a big opportunity there ;-)

There would be one current employee who would now be an ex-employee though - maybe I would have just done that and then resigned!  
    He was there this afternoon, walking up and down outside the West Stand with Jim Rodwell. Didn’t look like an exit interview unfortunately 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Sponsored links:

• I remember seeing some articles earlier in the year about Joe Gomez being sold. Does anyone know if we would still get any money if he was to go? 
  • I remember seeing some articles earlier in the year about Joe Gomez being sold. Does anyone know if we would still get any money if he was to go? 
    I think we would but would be surprised to see him sold 
  • Not ITK at all…but a friend of mine from Perth has said St. Johnstone are interested in Connor McGrandles 
    So you've got a mate in Oz who's a St Johnston supporter...🤔
    The first time on this forum I’ve ever hoped to be whooshed.
  • edited July 2023
    SOTF said:
    Not ITK at all…but a friend of mine from Perth has said St. Johnstone are interested in Connor McGrandles 
    So you've got a mate in Oz who's a St Johnston supporter...🤔
    The first time on this forum I’ve ever hoped to be whooshed.
    Subtle eh....😉!!
  • I think its Jack Grealish....on the piss again...they said you need to be up at Sparrows Jack
  • And the 1st prize for...

• Looks like Deji and his current posture et hair to me!
  • Sponsored links:

Ship em out, get some in!
    To be fair, did McGrandles really have a chance to show us what he could do?
  • I am sorry, but I can't keep up, but  we were told on here, by people ITK, that the Exeter player was signing today or earlier, have I missed it 🤔
  • Oggy Red said:
    ross1 said:
    I am sorry, but I can't keep up, but  we were told on here, by people ITK, that the Exeter player was signing today or earlier, have I missed it 🤔
    We signed him, @ross1 , then found out he was Palace and Man Yew, and flogged him straight back to Exeter.
    You missed it, I'm afraid.

Do keep up!

You forgot to mention that we signed him for £1.1m and sold him for £200k.  £900k loss, but the blow has been softened because Aneke is almost fit (well he managed to get out of his armchair and stand up for 5 mins). 
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Kirk in the free role behind May could be very good 
    Pratley would take one look at him and eat him whole.
    Pratley will be doing his legendary man-marking role on Fraser while all the other players dance through the Orient defence