Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• An option identified by fans.
    I do think we need a separate thread called ‘players that might suit us’. It would help me to be less confused when I read this thread.
  • We need 11 new players based on this shower of shit..
  • Sponsored links:

Match thread?
  • Squad still contains far too many players from the last couple of seasons mediocrity for my liking 
  • Another round of "bin offs" I hope.  It is morale sapping at this point to hear the same old comments around the same old issues.  Two years of this...
  • edited July 2023
    cfgs said:
    Duk playing for Aberdeen this afternoon a possible target ?? 
    Are you quackers?

Knew ud stick your beak in😃
  • TELTEL
    edited July 2023
  • thenewbie said:
    Too many square pegs in round holes. If Holden hasn’t worked out yet that CBT isn’t a wing back then heaven help us.

May needs a proper partner upfront.

Its not fucking rocket science.
    I'm fairly sure he knows which is exactly why Edun came in. I can't imagine there's anyone at any level of the club and beyond not aware of our need for a striker either.

But getting the right player is better than getting any old crap.
    Plus for the first time in years, I am confident we can get what we need in.
  • Sponsored links:

I don't want to be too 'knee jerk' but if we're going with 352 then based on the last couple of friendlies i think we might have to consider getting another centre back.
    Definitely think we need a left footed CB.

Based on the players we have I would also consider starting Thomas (ahead of Ness) on the left of the three CBs. He’s the most comfortable in that position from the current bunch we have.
    Last season the solid performances of Ness showed him best as a back 4 player, 

Once Ness was injured, Thomas came in and earned his new contract as a result of his own performances - including able to cover the LB.
    We badly lacked cover behind LWB in that first half today.

• Thomas is better suited to LCB then Ness but don’t think he’s good enough. It’s an area we need a signing for sure. 
  • Be interesting how we sell the club to a new striker as we already have 3. Leaburn and Aneke should/might be fit in September to play alongside May so where does that leave the new striker?
  • wmcf123 said:
    Be interesting how we sell the club to a new striker as we already have 3. Leaburn and Aneke should/might be fit in September to play alongside May so where does that leave the new striker?
    Chuks will never be fit .  We need 4 fit strikers if we are playing 2 up top 
    yes but how do we persuade a striker who is number 1 at another club to be number 3 here
  • wmcf123 said:
    Be interesting how we sell the club to a new striker as we already have 3. Leaburn and Aneke should/might be fit in September to play alongside May so where does that leave the new striker?
    Chuks will never be fit .  We need 4 fit strikers if we are playing 2 up top 
    yes but how do we persuade a striker who is number 1 at another club to be number 3 here
    If we rotate the strikers, all of them will get decent minutes.