Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• edited July 2023
    just a thought after Cawley’s story the other day about our bid for Nombe earlier in the window. Do you think that we were lining him up as a possible replacement for Leaburn, until he was injured and any plans of cashing in had to be suspended? I was encouraged by us offering that amount of cash, but was that on the condition there was a Leaburn windfall? The Texas sales docs did state that Leaburn would be sold.
    Did they? I didn’t catch that bit

Would be very odd to call out a specific player like that
  • Ideally, we’ll bring in another LWB, a RWB and someone that can cover both sides (Sess would be ideal if fit), a CF, CB and an attacking midfielder.

If we can bring in those 6 (some of which can be loans), we should look to lose the following:

Egbo, DJ, Kirk, McG, Payne

and send some of the youngsters out on loan (eg Mitchell).
    McG and Egbo I would keep . 
    I  agree with DJ , Kirk and Payne all preferably permanent moves away.
    Mitchell, Henry and a couple more of the younger players could do with loan moves.

• Worth a punt of Danny Rose? 
    Is that a rumour or just a name that you are asking for views on?

In my view we need another left back, but would he be fit or motivated?
  • edited July 2023
    Ideally, we’ll bring in another LWB, a RWB and someone that can cover both sides (Sess would be ideal if fit), a CF, CB and an attacking midfielder.

If we can bring in those 6 (some of which can be loans), we should look to lose the following:

Egbo, DJ, Kirk, McG, Payne

and send some of the youngsters out on loan (eg Mitchell).
    McG and Egbo I would keep . 
    I  agree with DJ , Kirk and Payne all preferably permanent moves away.
    Mitchell, Henry and a couple more of the younger players could do with loan moves.

Henry is 19 and isn't still in the academy and should definitely go out on loan.
    Mitchell was 18 in January so he will be better learning on and off the field at Sparrows lane and what ever he is studying at College.
  • Worth a punt of Danny Rose? 
    Where is he currently.......Broadway ?
  • just a thought after Cawley’s story the other day about our bid for Nombe earlier in the window. Do you think that we were lining him up as a possible replacement for Leaburn, until he was injured and any plans of cashing in had to be suspended? I was encouraged by us offering that amount of cash, but was that on the condition there was a Leaburn windfall? The Texas sales docs did state that Leaburn would be sold.
    Leaburn was never leaving the club … we don’t need to sell now to raise money to buy Nombe 
  • Got fooled on Twatter when an old tweet came up saying we'd signed Nial John on a seasons loan from Spuds.
  • Sponsored links:

• If we don't sign another forward in time for Orient then I think we should revert to 433 and play CBT and Campbell up alongside May - we don't have anyone available to play alongside May in a front 2. Don't want to see yet another season of square pegs in round holes - CBT is no wing back and Kirk/DJ/Campbell are not right as front 2 partners for May.

It's disappointing that we go into the first game without a complete first eleven yet again, said it before but if we have to persist with a transfer window it would make sense it closing before the start of the season rather than 1 month in.
    It is this or 5 midfielders for me, it's the position where we have the most quality so should exploit that in the mean time. 451, 433. It will be hard for May as he will be leading the line alone but I don't see how we are gonna get a result against the O's playing a formation we don't have the players for. I like the formation as it is fluid and it does work, just don't think we have the quality of player to make it work.

CBT, May, Dobbo, Fraser, Camara and Anderson all need to be on the pitch somehow, can only be achieved by playing 4 at the back. 
  • If we don't sign another forward in time for Orient then I think we should revert to 433 and play CBT and Campbell up alongside May - we don't have anyone available to play alongside May in a front 2. Don't want to see yet another season of square pegs in round holes - CBT is no wing back and Kirk/DJ/Campbell are not right as front 2 partners for May.

It's disappointing that we go into the first game without a complete first eleven yet again, said it before but if we have to persist with a transfer window it would make sense it closing before the start of the season rather than 1 month in.
    It is this or 5 midfielders for me, it's the position where we have the most quality so should exploit that in the mean time. 451, 433. It will be hard for May as he will be leading the line alone but I don't see how we are gonna get a result against the O's playing a formation we don't have the players for. I like the formation as it is fluid and it does work, just don't think we have the quality of player to make it work.

CBT, May, Dobbo, Fraser, Camara and Anderson all need to be on the pitch somehow, can only be achieved by playing 4 at the back. 
    Playing those 5 simply can’t be achieved unless you play a diamond and CBT up top. 

We’re a couple of players light to effectively play 352, but I think that’s simply the case for every position. We might have wingers but they’re not very good so I don’t understand the clamour for a 433. 

Playing those 5 simply can’t be achieved unless you play a diamond and CBT up top. 

We’re a couple of players light to effectively play 352, but I think that’s simply the case for every position. We might have wingers but they’re not very good so I don’t understand the clamour for a 433. 
    A diamond does look the best option to me, although not sure who would play full back.  
  • JamesSeed said:
    Certain players aren’t fully fit after recovering from injuries, some new signings won’t have bedded in yet, and we’re short in a couple of key positions, but I’m guessing that the same sort of thing would apply to many of our rivals?

It’ll be important to scrap for points even if we’re still a work in progress, and picking up three point on Saturday is, dare I say, crucial.  
    A "must win".
  • JamesSeed said:
    Certain players aren’t fully fit after recovering from injuries, some new signings won’t have bedded in yet, 
    So are you saying it might be better signing players in June rather than July.

Just wanted to be certain....🤔🤭
  • Striker unlikely to come in until later in Aug. We need Palace to sign a winger and Ipswich to bring in Rak-Sakyi + 1 more before the likes of Ladapo become available (who I expect is our top target).

Would be good if we can bring in a left footed centre back & another wing back before then though (two other positions we really need to strengthen asap).
  • just a thought after Cawley’s story the other day about our bid for Nombe earlier in the window. Do you think that we were lining him up as a possible replacement for Leaburn, until he was injured and any plans of cashing in had to be suspended? I was encouraged by us offering that amount of cash, but was that on the condition there was a Leaburn windfall? The Texas sales docs did state that Leaburn would be sold.
    The obsession with Leaburn being sold continues 
  • Sponsored links:

• Maitland-Niles will get a club easily. Someone in the Prem will take a punt on him as a utility player or a top end championship club. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Maitland-Niles will get a club easily. Someone in the Prem will take a punt on him as a utility player or a top end championship club. 
    Could see someone like Luton picking him up. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Maitland-Niles will get a club easily. Someone in the Prem will take a punt on him as a utility player or a top end championship club. 
    Could see someone like Luton picking him up. 

Luton would be ideal actually. 
  • Sambcafc said:
    CA1975FC said:
    Not a rumour , but could be worth a punt I'm England star who spent nine years at Arsenal and earned £13million... now I'm unemployed at 25 https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/23232086/ainsley-maitland-niles-unemployed-arsenal-england?utm_source=native_share&utm_medium=sharebar_native&utm_campaign=sharebaramp
    You surely can’t think we would get a player like AMN in league one? It’s not fifa pal. 
    I don't think that at all , Just putting it out there , clearly desperate for a club going through the sun to get attention. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Certain players aren’t fully fit after recovering from injuries, some new signings won’t have bedded in yet, 
    So are you saying it might be better signing players in June rather than July.

Just wanted to be certain....🤔🤭
    It's much the same for most clubs in League One, Golfie.

And we all knew Holden & co had one hand tied behind their back all the while Sandgaard still owned us.