Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:
    Maitland-Niles will get a club easily. Someone in the Prem will take a punt on him as a utility player or a top end championship club. 
    He's unlucky, a real Jonah.

Each time he joined a club on loan, they got relegated! :smile:

• What a silly thing to say, but what would you expect from the sun.
  • As if this thread could have got any worse :)
  • edited July 2023
    Blackpool are apparently after Scott Banks, 600k submitted, a Palace fan saying they reckon it's done. 

Thought I'd say as his name has been mentioned a few times.

They're also in for Owen Moxon, think Blackpool are being overlooked quite a bit, can see them pushing for autos 
  • edited July 2023
    Blackpool are apparently after Scott Banks, 600k submitted, a Palace fan saying they reckon it's done. 

They're also in for Owen Moxon, think Blackpool are being overlooked quite a bit, can see them pushing for autos 
    Just got a fair bit for Jerry Yates so that'll help them with their rebuild. 
  • CA1975FC said:
    Sambcafc said:
    CA1975FC said:
    Not a rumour , but could be worth a punt I'm England star who spent nine years at Arsenal and earned £13million... now I'm unemployed at 25 https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/23232086/ainsley-maitland-niles-unemployed-arsenal-england?utm_source=native_share&utm_medium=sharebar_native&utm_campaign=sharebaramp
    You surely can’t think we would get a player like AMN in league one? It’s not fifa pal. 
    I don't think that at all , Just putting it out there , clearly desperate for a club going through the sun to get attention. 
    No chance he went to the Sun. They have picked a semi-famous black player to push their racist agenda.

Phil Jones who has 27 caps for England is in the same boat but I don't see the Sun calling him "unemployed".
    It's a standard headline. Oxlade chamberlain and Andre grey are also unemployed ex premiership players according to the sun
  • Was hoping they might be interested in Kirk too, those potential signings probably suggest not.
  • Could be a pretty big meltdown on here when Morgan is pictured in the Blackpool Gazette lifting the playoff trophy.
  • edited July 2023
    Could be a pretty big meltdown on here when Morgan is pictured in the Blackpool Gazette lifting the playoff trophy.
    Morgan is probably quite a good punt as a squad player. Unfortunately for us we were forced to use him as regular starter which he shouldn’t have been.
  • Sponsored links:

• Blackpool are apparently after Scott Banks, 600k submitted, a Palace fan saying they reckon it's done. 

If that's true, I think we were holding out for a loan for him if we went that way. However I don't think Banks suits the 352
  • Blackpool are apparently after Scott Banks, 600k submitted, a Palace fan saying they reckon it's done. 

Autos with Alfie Morgan? Pffttt
  • CA1975FC said:
    Sambcafc said:
    CA1975FC said:
    Not a rumour , but could be worth a punt I'm England star who spent nine years at Arsenal and earned £13million... now I'm unemployed at 25 https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/23232086/ainsley-maitland-niles-unemployed-arsenal-england?utm_source=native_share&utm_medium=sharebar_native&utm_campaign=sharebaramp
    You surely can’t think we would get a player like AMN in league one? It’s not fifa pal. 
    I don't think that at all , Just putting it out there , clearly desperate for a club going through the sun to get attention. 
    No chance he went to the Sun. They have picked a semi-famous black player to push their racist agenda.

Phil Jones who has 27 caps for England is in the same boat but I don't see the Sun calling him "unemployed".
    Please no!!
  • Oggy Red said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Certain players aren’t fully fit after recovering from injuries, some new signings won’t have bedded in yet, 
    So are you saying it might be better signing players in June rather than July.

Just wanted to be certain....🤔🤭
    It's much the same for most clubs in League One, Golfie.

And we all knew Holden & co had one hand tied behind their back all the while Sandgaard still owned us.
    Having the window "slam shut" at the end of August doesn't help either as the bigger clubs want their squad players to have a full pre-season with them before loaning them out, other clubs are waiting on transfers in before moving players on and other deals will be up to the wire as clubs try and cash in having not realised their asking prices earlier in the window.  You may be lucky to get a lot of deals done early in the window but night be paying over the odds in doing so and missing out on better players later in the window.
  • The most interesting news today is reading that article and discovering that Maitland-Niles played 5 times for England. I have absolutely no recollection of that.
  • The most interesting news today is reading that article and discovering that Maitland-Niles played 5 times for England. I have absolutely no recollection of that.
    Completely agree, had no idea.

Just looked it up, sub appearances in friendlies and the Nations League.
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:
    Until a new striker is obtained or Leaburn is fit, why not move CBT into middle with May and play Edun on left. Solve left defence problem, I will leave others to say about CBT as a striker 
    Edun not sufficiently fit/up to speed quite yet. Same situation as Jones who took a couple of weeks behind the scenes to catch up before he was introduced. Suspect Peterborough away is his target, same as Taylor.

I think our squad will be a lot fitter this season from the off compared with previous seasons. I would play Campbell or Kanu up top with May come Saturday, not Kirk. 
  • ross1 said:
    Until a new striker is obtained or Leaburn is fit, why not move CBT into middle with May and play Edun on left. Solve left defence problem, I will leave others to say about CBT as a striker 
    Edun not sufficiently fit/up to speed quite yet. Same situation as Jones who took a couple of weeks behind the scenes to catch up before he was introduced. Suspect Peterborough away is his target, same as Taylor.

I think our squad will be a lot fitter this season from the off compared with previous seasons. I would play Campbell or Kanu up top with May come Saturday, not Kirk. 
    Still not solved defence problem on left, if Edun not fit, play Thomas
  • ross1 said:
    ross1 said:

Thomas is an option to play as a left sided centre back, but he’s not a wing back.
  • ross1 said:
    ross1 said:

Thomas is at least mobile, sufficiently athletic but he's not a LWB. We may get away with it as a very short term fix, but it's not ideal.

• And then there's the question of Ness at LCB ........ right footed and can do a decent job as part of the CB pairing in a back 4, but looking very uncomfortable at LCB in a 3-5-2 when exposed on the left side with his LWB not tracking back.

• Oggy Red said:
    ross1 said:
    ross1 said:

Thomas is at least mobile, sufficiently athletic but he's not a LWB. We may get away with it as a very short term fix, but it's not ideal.

Based on Saturday, id be starting him ahead of Ness as a CB. He looked a lot more assured that him and carrys the ball out well.
    My thoughts also, certainly in a 3-5-2

• TEL said:
    Ah thought this was a rumours thread, but I've stumbled into the formations and tactics thread by mistake 
    We're bored TEL ..... there's no rumours, is there? :neutral: