Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• I hope Kirk doesn't read this forum !
    I hope he does. Then he might demand to be let go.
  • edited July 2023
    A few random thoughts - only seen the millwall friendly but I thought Kirk was the weak link then - I thought the right side with Anderson,  Asimwe and deji was very good and they bullied millwall with their physical ability - desperate for a striker ti compliment may as we all know but I’m happy to persevere with 352 - 433 has never worked for us anc I do t like having 1 striker - I’d probably bandy go 4411 at the moment until we get another striker - I’d put Anderson on the right with Asimwe behind him - have Dobson and camara ? In the middle and CBT on the left with Fraser in the hole - simple 
  • Where is the game this week on an artificial pitch that DH mentioned?

Assume it's behind closed doors or a Charlton XI game.
    You could ask Scott Minto tonight at the Bromley meeting👍
  • Fraser can do everything that Kirk can do but a hell of a lot more on top and this frees up a spot for Anderson - Thomas stays at home behind CBT whereas Asimwe gets forward providing pace down both flanks - hector and Jones central and Maynard brewer in goal - play that team and I think we can function quite well until the new striker, recently signed and new signings are ready 
  • Hal1x said:
    CAFC_boi said:

Saw this on the league one transfermarkt, when I was just catching up on all the league one ins/outs before the season starts.

probably nonsense, but thought I’d share as it’s a reputable site and there’s only 6 rumours listed - 4 of them have happened and 1 is expected to happen and the only other one is Nombe to Charlton with them saying there is a 75% chance of it happening! 
    Please take you rumour somewhere else please!
    Where would you play him though?
  • Genuinely why does Charlie Kirk get so much stick and discussion about him but Jack Payne doesn’t get any? He came in with as much pedigree and promise
  • Hal1x said:
    CAFC_boi said:

Saw this on the league one transfermarkt, when I was just catching up on all the league one ins/outs before the season starts.

probably nonsense, but thought I’d share as it’s a reputable site and there’s only 6 rumours listed - 4 of them have happened and 1 is expected to happen and the only other one is Nombe to Charlton with them saying there is a 75% chance of it happening! 

Left Centre Back obvs
  • Sponsored links:

• Genuinely why does Charlie Kirk get so much stick and discussion about him but Jack Payne doesn’t get any? He came in with as much pedigree and promise

Coz he's diddy and no one can see him?

Both poor Imo.
  • Kirk is much more it seems likely to start at the weekend, and has for the last couple of games started. 

Payne already looks at most like a squad player.

I'd say that's why Kirk is being discussed more.
  • Hal1x said:
    CAFC_boi said:

Third goalie of course.
  • One thing I'd like to see Kirk do is move across the backline and come deep for the ball. Would allow May some space and some runners in behind from midfield.

He does need to do more though, whatever happens.
  • Payne and Kirk both two-Bob IMO. 
  • ‘Charlton have flown in top Aussie starlet Danny Douglas and want to grab him from Perth Glory.

Midfielder Douglas is due to play a trial for the League One club this week as he bids to follow in his family’s footsteps.

Douglas, 19, comes from strong playing stock with both his dad and grandad former players in their heyday.’ 
  • ‘Charlton have flown in top Aussie starlet Danny Douglas and want to grab him from Perth Glory.

Midfielder Douglas is due to play a trial for the League One club this week as he bids to follow in his family’s footsteps.

Douglas, 19, comes from strong playing stock with both his dad and grandad former players in their heyday.’ 
    Great stats...not. https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=174346

Here we go. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Let's not rely on am player who could not get into his loan team (Burton) and even more so, in a new position.

Strewth

Source?

From Alan Nixon. Would surely be a signing for the u21s to develop rather than come straight into the first team.

Probably an U21 signing like Matt Dench was. 
  • http://www.hudl.com/v/2KJ5X2

Potentially smaller than Payne!
  • Stephy Mavididi has signed for Leicester 
  • I must admit the thought of watching another season of one up top doesn’t inspire