Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• DubaiCAFC said:
    Redhenry said:
    We need to sign a striker, money needs to be spent or the season will be wasted again. Loans won't cut it IMHO
    What's the point of wasting money on players that might not be the right fit for the club? I think we will bring another 3 or 4 players before the end of the window, and 2 or 3 will also be moved on as well

If more incomings are dependent on this then we may have a problem. Especially if the new owners are looking to get some sort of decent return on them.
     Sandgaards poor recruitment and shocking contractual terms will make it very difficult to shift them on to anyone for any sort of financial gain.
     Write them off and move on. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Redhenry said:
    We need to sign a striker, money needs to be spent or the season will be wasted again. Loans won't cut it IMHO
    What's the point of wasting money on players that might not be the right fit for the club? I think we will bring another 3 or 4 players before the end of the window, and 2 or 3 will also be moved on as well

If more incomings are dependent on this then we may have a problem. Especially if the new owners are looking to get some sort of decent return on them.
     Sandgaards poor recruitment and shocking contractual terms will make it very difficult to shift them on to anyone for any sort of financial gain.
    If TS et al were still at the helm I would agree, but one thing I was pleasantly surprised with in January when Scott got down to business was how quickly he shifted out the players he did and who I thought would be tough sells. I can see League 2 teams with a few bob signing the likes of DJ and more than a few being interested in Kirk and McGrandles, but hope we keep the latter, as think he will be more effective in League 1 than Kirk. Perhaps they think they can shift Chuks.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Redhenry said:

I think Scott in particular will know that it won’t be easy or profitable to move on DJ and Kirk. I’m guessing they’ve more or less been unofficially written off. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Swisdom said:
    we were after Plange in a January 

the two main positions we are currently looking to recruit  are rwb and a striker 

they are working on it
    Still think we need a mobile creative midfielder 
    Would probably need to move out Payne and/or McGrandles to do that. Never going to the priority when we’re so light at RWB and especially up front.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Redhenry said:

I think Scott in particular will know that it won’t be easy or profitable to move on DJ and Kirk. I’m guessing they’ve more or less been unofficially written off. 
    Perhaps DJ has, although he can be quite effective as a wingback, works hard and tracks back. It does look like his days here are numbered.

Kirk, well ..... he's been very much involved in pre-season. He may not be playing to people's expectations and he doesn't come across as a 100% player.
    But with the ball, he shows good touch and intelligence - just we don't see enough of it. Perhaps Kirk shows up well on the training pitch and Holden is persisting with him for that reason?

• We need to factor in that the better Premier League players, who could be available to us, usually get freed up in the closing weeks of the window when decisions on them are made. 
  • edited August 2023
    Swisdom said:

the two main positions we are currently looking to recruit  are rwb and a striker 

they are working on it
    Can’t be true. When I said yesterday that there was 2-3 positions to fill, Ronnie assured us all that there was at least 4 or 5 more coming.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    To be fair, not as many tap-in's as I thought, and can't remember a few of the goals being as good as that. Doesn't change my opinion of him at the time and now.
  • Will there be any signings before Saturday?
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Redhenry said:

I don't think it is dependent on moving them on, but they will have to go at some point of the window. They won't have players just sitting around collecting a wage. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    To be fair, not as many tap-in's as I thought, and can't remember a few of the goals being as good as that. Doesn't change my opinion of him at the time and now.
    You're not wrong about him now, even back then he wasn't great but as was widely reported he was bought to be a back up player and should never have played the part he did. His attitude and effort stink now. He thinks he's better than he is and just jogs about expecting everything to come to him. 
  • After studious research, by @KillersBeard not me, the game on the artificial pitch that Holden mentioned appears to be an U21s game at Slough Town tonight KO 7.45

Edun may feature, Taylor less likely to according to DH.
    Will this game be shown live on Charlton TV?
  • edited August 2023
    DubaiCAFC said:
    wmcf123 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    NabySarr said:

Bonne spotted at Gillingham 
    Remember, he scored couple of tap in's in the championship, he is a top end championship player!!! well according to many on here.. Poor player! Bad attitude! 
    Who said he was top end championship ? He had 2 good months in the championship with us , but bar his first couple of months with Ipswich , he has been awful since .  
    Go back on the Bonne feed, you will see plenty! He wasn't good for us in the championship, scored a few tap in's! He also missed 2 or 3 big chances at the end of the season which ultimately got us relegated! 

Awful Awful player!

Scored a cracking goal against Derby. He was a non league player that we took a punt on & then due to injuries he had to play. Unfortunately after a fairly decent start he showed he just wasn't up to it although he did get 11 goals which wasn't bad going. If taylor hadn't refused to play we wouldn't have had to rely on Bonne to save us from relegation. However we received a significant fee for him from QPR & that should have been that. How he ended up back with us in January I'll never know. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    wmcf123 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    NabySarr said:

Bonne spotted at Gillingham 
    Remember, he scored couple of tap in's in the championship, he is a top end championship player!!! well according to many on here.. Poor player! Bad attitude! 
    Who said he was top end championship ? He had 2 good months in the championship with us , but bar his first couple of months with Ipswich , he has been awful since .  
    Go back on the Bonne feed, you will see plenty! He wasn't good for us in the championship, scored a few tap in's! He also missed 2 or 3 big chances at the end of the season which ultimately got us relegated! 

Awful Awful player!
    Scored a cracking goal against Derby. He was a non league player that we took a punt on & then due to injuries he had to play. Unfortunately after a fairly decent start he showed he just wasn't up to it although he did get 11 goals which wasn't bad going. If taylor hadn't refused to play we wouldn't have had to rely on Bonne to save us from relegation. However we received a significant fee for him from QPR & that should have been that. How he ended up back with us in January I'll never know. 
    Cheap gamble and MS and TS no doubt used their black box to see a player that had a decent return in the league above but fell away the less he was played. 

He should never really play at this level or above ever again. 
  • Mitch Pinnock, Northampton to Gillingham. 
  • Sponsored links:

Surely not? One of their best players..be surprised if they are selling him
    Sounds painful...
  • Swisdom said:

they are working on it
    RWB… I see that Tchamadeu is still at Colchester… 👀
  • Swisdom said:

they are working on it
    Sounds like Colchester want £1.5m for him

Junior Tchamadeu to Stoke City transfer latest as Colchester hint at asking price (msn.com)
  • Mitch Pinnock, Northampton to Gillingham  did his father play for them?
  • Mitch Pinnock is the one who helped us when Sarr got himself unfairly Kettled in the first minute by evening it up with the stupidest sending-off I've maybe seen at The Valley, diving on a yellow
  • edited August 2023
    Swisdom said:

they are working on it
    Sounds like Colchester want £1.5m for him

Junior Tchamadeu to Stoke City transfer latest as Colchester hint at asking price (msn.com)
    I’m not sure that’s an asking price so much as a ‘every player at the club would be gone if someone offered 1.5m’ judging by Garner’s quotes about the situation…

Still, he probably is out of our price range, but as far as young players with resale value goes, he’s one of the most obvious in the EFL.

“We don’t want to weaken ourselves.

“We want to be just as strong, even if he does move on.

“With any player, we’ve got a shortlist for each position in the team, if any player was to move on.

“Like with any of our players, we could get a phone call tomorrow and if we get a £1.5m offer then there’s every chance they’re going to go, so we’re ready for that and we’re prepared for any player that does leave the club.

“But from my perspective as head coach, I obviously want to keep all of my talented players here.”

• edited August 2023
    Swisdom said:

they are working on it
    Staying in League Two, to add to Tchamadeu…

Either Luke Armstrong (Harrogate) or Ali Al Hamadi (Wimbledon) would be decent options for a potential target man role alongside Alfie May.
  • Swisdom said:

they are working on it
    Staying in League Two, to add to Tchamadeu…

Either Luke Armstrong (Harrogate) or Ali Al Hamadi (Wimbledon) would be decent options for a potential target man role alongside Alfie May.
    Al Hamadi is a good shout.