Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Ferryman said:
    mendonca said:
    mendonca said:
    I still think we have too many potential midgets in the team. I got blasted for saying this a little while ago, but I still feel the same way. We're scoring more own goal headers than in the opposition net.
     A person with the potential to be a midget?

Ha dependant on team selection. I can't see how our goal count from free kicks and corners will improve this season. Hope to be proved wrong.
    mendonca said:
    mendonca said:
    I still think we have too many potential midgets in the team. I got blasted for saying this a little while ago, but I still feel the same way. We're scoring more own goal headers than in the opposition net.

Ha dependant on team selection. I can't see how our goal count from free kicks and corners will improve this season. Hope to be proved wrong.
    Lloyd Jones & Terry Taylor
    One replaces Innis and the other hopefully whips them in accurately (as we know he can), but he won't be in the box.
  • shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Chris Francis who was on trial v Welling back at the start of July has joined Crystal Palace’s development squad

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/announcement/crystal-palace-sign-chris-francis/

A possible season long loan? 

Why ? DH already said there be no more CD brought in 

Source or link please Mr Moore
    Plymouth Herald?
  • Southbank said:
    seth plum said:
    I am still optimistic about Elewere being a credible option for us.
    EleREwe, please
    Yeah sorry.
  • supaclive said:
    My chiropractor is physio at Burton 

Deji he loves
    McGillivary he likes
    Taylor he had nothing but praise to say
    Lockyer he was ok on
    Kirk..... no comment !!!
    Lockyer - what does he have to do with it, pretty he didn’t play for Burton 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    supaclive said:
    My chiropractor is physio at Burton 

Deji he loves
    McGillivary he likes
    Taylor he had nothing but praise to say
    Lockyer he was ok on
    Kirk..... no comment !!!
    Lockyer - what does he have to do with it, pretty he didn’t play for Burton 
    He means Lavelle (couldn't be bothered to say).
  • Think he meant Lavelle
  • Glad to see this threads back on track.
  • Kap10 said:
    mendonca said:

Does that mean now he is 6 ft right now but could be 4ft with a bit of work?
    After a hot shower
  • edited August 2023
    Really liked Egbo early on, before the injury. Defensively, at least. Really hope he can recover his form and gets a chance before he gets moved on. 
    Too early to know for sure about Deji. He’s filled out though, and would love it if he broke through.
    Anderson looks very promising, and so too does Asiimwe, although wouldn’t want him starting just yet.
    Still need at lest two or three in the window. 
  • I see chris powell is leaving spurs to return to management or coaching
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2023
    JordanJLD said:
    Oh here we go people going to start saying he can do a bit for us at left back next
    ...Funny you should say that.....🤔
  • edited August 2023
  • edited August 2023
    🤷‍♂️..That went well @Wheresmeticket?
  • can't see him getting a management role above l1 - coaching yes 
  • edited August 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Really liked Egbo early on, before the injury. Defensively, at least. Really hope he can recover his form and gets a chance before he gets moved on. 
    Too early to know for sure about Deji. He’s filled out though, and would love it if he broke through.
    Anderson looks very promising, and so too does Asiimwe, although wouldn’t want him starting just yet.
    Still need at lest two or three in the window. 
    I don't understand this.  I get it as a counter to "fans opinion".  About Egbo, about McGrandles anyone tbh.  We don't see them in training, we don't know what the template Holden actually has for any position.

Should they be given 10 games to win over the fans?  No they should be given all the games to win over the fans if the manager thinks they are good enough to do what he wants.

Should the fans be given 10 games to prove the manager wrong?  Obviously not.  On anyone.

This is what I said about May, and about the rumour that Holden didn't want him.  If you sign May, you play him in a two, you work out a way to maximise his goal return.  You don't sign May because he is relatively cheap, and good, then try and bung him in what ever formation you wanted to play.  As a midfielder or a winger, as was written on here.  If you do that you signed the wrong player.

Trust the manager, until he proves himself untrustworthy, or it’s obvious he had zero influence on transfers.  Don't ask for players to be given "a chance to prove themsleves" its not your job on the line.
    Better close CL down then, as we’re always asking for one thing or another. 
    43v, please don’t take it all so seriously.
    Apart from that I agree with your post. 👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Perth Glory midfielder Danny Douglas is on trial with #cafc.

— Richard Cawley (@RichCawleySLP) August 1, 2023
  • I am loving these alliterative names. Terry Taylor, Danny Douglas 
  • It doesn't seem an area we need to focus on, but must be over on trial for some good reason.
  • mendonca said:
    It doesn't seem an area we need to focus on, but must be over on trial for some good reason.
    Well I doubt it’s for the weather 
  • edited August 2023
    mendonca said:
    It doesn't seem an area we need to focus on, but must be over on trial for some good reason.
    What, alliteration?

More clues as to where this secretive lot are leading us...
  • mendonca said:
    To join the u21s if it goes well?

• could do a job for us at assistant manager.

• Two trialists in the U21 side tonight.

A keeper and a player on the bench who could be the Australian kid mentioned by Cawley, Danny Douglas.

Someone on another thread speculated that the keeper was former Chelsea youth player Prince Adegoke.

Sorry for mentioning players we might sign so for balance 352 blah blah Kirk blah blah blah
    Seems likely as this was the trialist keeper who played against Hastings too.
  • edited August 2023
    J BLOCK said:
    Swisdom said:
    we were after Plange in a January 

the two main positions we are currently looking to recruit  are rwb and a striker 

they are working on it
    Still think we need a mobile creative midfielder 

Mobile creative midfielder's should be playing higher than League 1. That's why they are either creative and slowish or mobile and lacking a final ball like I believe Camará does.
    Loved to be proved wrong with Camará but as long he is good at being a water carrier and running the hard yards then fine before giving the ball to Fraser, CBT,May etc.
    I assume Taylor is similar to Carmará or else he  would've gone to the championship?