Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• mendonca said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    Dean said he will be back in the first team at the end of august, but this is the same player dean said would have to have a very good pre season for his body so surely you wont see him in the squad to atleast nearer the end of september 
    Back training with the first team, not in the first team.
    Yeah back training but thats not being match fit so it will be the end of september before we see him surely 
  • Leaburn back before the end of August is very good news, was worried we would lose him for at least a couple of months.
    We have lost him for a couple of months if he returns end of august!  At least it wasn’t peak mid season.  
  • Leaburn back before the end of August is very good news, was worried we would lose him for at least a couple of months.
    We have lost him for a couple of months if he returns end of august!  At least it wasn’t peak mid season.  
    Yeah I meant at least it wasn’t a couple of months of the season
    Let’s hope the lack of a pre season isn’t an issue for him. I think players that don’t do a thorough pre season often struggle.
    Three lols why ?
    Let’s hope the lack of a pre season isn’t an issue for him. I think players that don’t do a thorough pre season often struggle.
    Three lols why ?
    I liked it, have no idea why anyone would lol that?
  • Sponsored links:

• #justiceforshootershillguru 
    Brilliant 👏
  • Lanzini signed for River Plate. Turned us down for us being a shit league one team in England
    We’re still in for his brother Mario 
  • edited August 2023
    Leaburn back before the end of August is very good news, was worried we would lose him for at least a couple of months.
    Let’s hope the lack of a pre season isn’t an issue for him. I think players that don’t do a thorough pre season often go struggle.
    Three lols why ?
    Make that 4, I feel in a devilish carefree mood😈
  • I really do think Nombe or Clarke-Harris are our answer to promotion out of this league - Clarke-Harris would also definitely help the development of Leaburn ! 
  • FAVADDICK said:
    Dean said he will be back in the first team at the end of august, but this is the same player dean said would have to have a very good pre season for his body so surely you wont see him in the squad to atleast nearer the end of september 
    This injury was a result of a tackle and not a muscle injury, could have happened to anyone. 

The way Leaburn plays and the size of him, he is always going to be a target for oppo to go through him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Has anyone mentioned we need another striker?
    There was me thinking the window shuts end of Aug not today … 
  • No point signing a striker unless they are the type we want, the quality we need and they will not be a problem in and around the squad.  Everyone wanted a forward in, but better to get the right one.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Right - here comes all the negative comments about the ownership.

Don't think any new players through the door before Saturday - I think we will see a bit more action towards the end of the window now. As players will start to know if they are in plans of their clubs. Few interesting targets, who might want to move towards the end, if they are not featuring apparently. 

It is about signing the right players instead of signing a player because we need to. That has been our problem in the past!
    Exactly. Do we want another DJ or hate to mention it again, Kirk. 
    Three lols why ?
    There’s nowt so queer as folks. Never worry about lols :-)
  • redbuttle said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Don't think any new players through the door before Saturday - I think we will see a bit more action towards the end of the window now. As players will start to know if they are in plans of their clubs. Few interesting targets, who might want to move towards the end, if they are not featuring apparently. 

It is about signing the right players instead of signing a player because we need to. That has been our problem in the past!

The ironic thing with those 2 was we only signed DJ because we had a deal for Kirk collapse earlier in the day on deadline day. 
  • Has anyone mentioned we need another striker?
    There was me thinking the window shuts end of Aug not today … 
    It’s actually the start of September that it closes.
  • redbuttle said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

The difference is we signed them, and Lavelle, on long term contracts. I think those 3 and Aneke are the longest contracts we have given since we got relegated from the Premier League.

Signing Parker, when we did, on a 3 1/2 year contract would have been stupid.  Wouldn't it but it helped solve a problem in the short term.

You shouldn't, obviously, just sign any old crap but at the same time you shouldn't let perfect be the enemy of good.  Sometimes you have to take a short term gamble else you end up with Kirk up front for 3 months.
  • DubaiCAFC said:

Think most of us except that will be the case now that the opening game is right here. No insider knowledge at all, but still think we will end up with Lapado before end of the season. Names been mentioned on shortlist and is probably the most available signing. 

Probably got 4 or 5 games with a make shift strike partnership. Down to our defence to try and keep as many clean sheets as possible in the first month.