Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Swisdom said:
    we were after Plange in a January 

the two main positions we are currently looking to recruit  are rwb and a striker 

they are working on it
    Staying in League Two, to add to Tchamadeu…

Either Luke Armstrong (Harrogate) or Al Hamadi (Wimbledon) would be decent options for a potential target man role alongside Alfie May.
    Al Hamadi would be a brilliant signing, but I feel like Wimbledon would hold out for £1m+. They are pretty good at holding out for large fees as under no pressure to sell with money already in from Rudoni and Assal sales 
  • mendonca said:
    Swisdom said:

the two main positions we are currently looking to recruit  are rwb and a striker 

they are working on it
    Holden really doesn't rate Egbo does he? Or is there more to it?
    I think we may well let Egbo go, Holden obviously doesn't rate him.
  • sam3110 said:
    Unless Egbo has really done something to piss Holden off, or has declined a lot since last season, I'm surprised a RWB is that high on the list.

My order of urgency is the same as many I'd assume

Need right now:
    ST - obviously
    LCB - Still think Holden is sticking with the 6 we have, but I think we need a new left footed centre back and let Mitchell get a loan somewhere.

Need for cover at least:
    LWB Edun is the only real option here still, again Holden seems to be pushing ahead with CBT here but I'd want that as a last resort 3rd choice option, not the next best thing to Edun
    RWB This for me is lower than LWB as we have Egbo and Asiimwe already, but if we can get someone in more dynamic than Egbo then that's good.

Nice to have:
    AM - I'd still like an upgrade on Payne/Kirk etc in this area, someone to properly challenge Fraser for that advanced midfielder starting role.
    GK - Will almost certainly be covered by an emergency loan should we need it, but I feel throughout the club at the moment we are short on keepers, maybe a younger player with potential that we can sign and play in the under 21's 

I like that a RWB is so high on the list. Egbo was very injured last season and I didn't get the feeling Holden was completely taken with him when he did return towards the end. Regardless though, we have one right back and one 18 year old youth prospect, I like that we're looking at the situation as one where we need more competition and depth instead of the Roland approach of seeing a kid who doesn't cost much who can fill the spot and saying job done. A striker has to be top of the list with RWB and then another CB. Plenty of loan spaces to fill as well if we need
  • mendonca said:
    Swisdom said:

they are working on it
    Holden really doesn't rate Egbo does he? Or is there more to it?
    I think we may well let Egbo go, Holden obviously doesn't rate him.
    Holden was a RB too, so he obviously doesn't see any traits in Egbo that he is raving about.
  • Mitch Pinnock, Northampton to Gillingham. 
    Surely not? One of their best players..be surprised if they are selling him
    He's from Dartford way so could be a reason why he's moving, especially if Gills are offering a wage increase 
  • I still think we have too many potential midgets in the team. I got blasted for saying this a little while ago, but I still feel the same way. We're scoring more own goal headers than in the opposition net.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    I am still optimistic about Elewere being a credible option for us.
    Same. I think he really suits playing as one of the outside centre backs and that’s where he was playing at Bromley I think. He’s looked good in pre-season, just annoying he picked up a knock, he could even make the left sided spot his own as Thomas isn’t amazing
  • seth plum said:
    Same, I thought he was very good against Millwall 
  • mendonca said:
    I still think we have too many potential midgets in the team. I got blasted for saying this a little while ago, but I still feel the same way. We're scoring more own goal headers than in the opposition net.
     A person with the potential to be a midget?

Ha dependant on team selection. I can't see how our goal count from free kicks and corners will improve this season. Hope to be proved wrong.
  • mendonca said:
    mendonca said:
    I still think we have too many potential midgets in the team. I got blasted for saying this a little while ago, but I still feel the same way. We're scoring more own goal headers than in the opposition net.

Ha dependant on team selection. I can't see how our goal count from free kicks and corners will improve this season. Hope to be proved wrong.
    mendonca said:
    mendonca said:

Lloyd Jones & Terry Taylor
  • Kap10 said:
    mendonca said:

Does that mean now he is 6 ft right now but could be 4ft with a bit of work?
    Hes stood in one of the infamous car park pot holes.
  • Chris Francis who was on trial v Welling back at the start of July has joined Crystal Palace’s development squad

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/announcement/crystal-palace-sign-chris-francis/

A possible season long loan? 

• shirty5 said:
    Chris Francis who was on trial v Welling back at the start of July has joined Crystal Palace’s development squad

Why ? DH already said there be no more CD brought in 

• Sponsored links:

• edited August 2023
    shirty5 said:
    Chris Francis who was on trial v Welling back at the start of July has joined Crystal Palace’s development squad

Source or link please Mr Moore
  • Exeter manager says they have made £2.5m on sales and do not need to sell anybody else unless the player asks to leave
  • ross1 said:
    Exeter manager says they have made £2.5m on sales and do not need to sell anybody else unless the player asks to leave
    Thought that would be the case. I can’t see them dropping their Nombe price as they will be ok with him leaving on a free if it gives them more chance of staying in league 1. We either should pay what they want now to get him in asap or move on to other targets 
  • shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:

Source or link please Mr Moore
    Richard Cawley 
  • Any idea why we didn't snap him up?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Any idea why we didn't snap him up?
    Who knows if we made an offer?  Might have done and he decided he could get a better gig.
  • Good return for Exeter. Hoping when we have freed up some wages we lock in a few equally decent players to our best in squad. Would rather a Ladapo loan than a Nombe signing if he is costing c£1m. 
  • NabySarr said:
    ross1 said:
    Exeter manager says they have made £2.5m on sales and do not need to sell anybody else unless the player asks to leave
    Thought that would be the case. I can’t see them dropping their Nombe price as they will be ok with him leaving on a free if it gives them more chance of staying in league 1. We either should pay what they want now to get him in asap or move on to other targets 
     I agree in part, I wouldn't say just pay whatever they ask but I would make them a final offer, take it or leave it, and be talking to other clubs/targets while they mull it over.

We don't want to be in a position where Exeter dictate our business to us. We need a striker now and not after dicking about regarding fees and clauses.
  • seth plum said:
    EleREwe, please