Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• RC_CAFC said:
    JamesSeed said:
    DOUCHER said:
    JamesSeed said:
    cazo said:
    Not Kirk it’s like playing with 10 men
    But he was good against Millwall, so I couldn’t write him off just yet.
    The Aberdeen game was a weird one, but at least we learned a lot from it (Ness no good on the left of a back three, CBT defo ng as a wing back, a strong guy need to play alongside May, don’t always pass out from the back).
    For me Campbell is better than Kirk who is ok on the bench until we acquire someone better. 
    Kirk was good against Millwall ??? Watched a different game to me 
    In the first half? 
    Tbh as soon as I posted that I thought, ‘what was the point, I don’t really rate him’. 
    But I remember the big build up when we signed him, as he was highly rated at the time, and the occasional flashes where he makes a good cross, or makes a good late run into the box. Also remember the sad passing of his dad, so would still like if he came good somehow. 
    He really really want good against Milwall. I will hold my hands up and say he made a clever run and a nice finish. He also did one nice backheel. Other than that he was an embarrassment compared to the rest of the team that worked hard and got stuck in. He bottled challenges, didn’t bother closing down defenders, always jumped up for a header staring at the player not the ball, and didn’t try anything that wasn’t a 95% guaranteed simple pass. He can’t even be a stand in. Campbell had done more in 5 minutes.
    Cheers for that. I’ll hold my hand up and say that I only saw the highlights and read what seemed like fairly positive comments. 
    I really like Campbell, so Kirk could easily be let go. 
    But I’d still be happy if he came good. And maybe Holden agrees, hence the number of minutes he’s been given in pre season. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    wmcf123 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    NabySarr said:

Bonne spotted at Gillingham 
    Remember, he scored couple of tap in's in the championship, he is a top end championship player!!! well according to many on here.. Poor player! Bad attitude! 
    Who said he was top end championship ? He had 2 good months in the championship with us , but bar his first couple of months with Ipswich , he has been awful since .  
    Go back on the Bonne feed, you will see plenty! He wasn't good for us in the championship, scored a few tap in's! He also missed 2 or 3 big chances at the end of the season which ultimately got us relegated! 

Awful Awful player!
    He did score some class goals too but agree he missed too many towards the end of that season. 
  • edited August 2023
    sam3110 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Not sure many of those can be classed as tap ins tbh... But people will bang whatever drum they have decided to pick up I guess...

Bonne first time around for us was a completely different player to Bonne the second time anyway, he got lazy and uninterested at QPR and Ipswich and it showed when he came here again. Definitely wouldn't want him again but he had a decent half a season for us in the Championship 
    Interesting take and respect your view, but I disagree, I think there are 7 goals in the video, and one is a penalty, one is where the goalie comes sliding out and misses the ball before Mac has even touched it - leaving an empty net, another where a fortunate rebound means he can practically head it into the goal and one comes off his back. 

At 4/7 I think more than a few could be classed as fortunate!

Watching that back, what stands out to me is just how lucky he got with a number of them. But that season was his purple patch. 

The reason a few, even during his 'proven Championship goalscorer' status kept banging on that he was a L2 or below player was because of his lack of all-round ability. Even the goals he has scored there, there's a lack of technique. He's just swinging a foot. And that's why he misses just as many as he scores even from five yards out. That's also why he's now playing where he is. 
  • edited August 2023
    sam3110 said:
    Oh trust me I think he's absolute dogshit, but in his first run with us he worked hard, he hustled and harried defenders into making mistakes, and got into positions where he could score. 
    I agree, I think his two strengths are his ability to be in the right place at the right time and that he can stretch the line with his runs in behind. But on all available evidence, they don't make up for his weaknesses, and what seems to be a poor attitude.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2023
    DubaiCAFC said:
    wmcf123 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    NabySarr said:

Bonne spotted at Gillingham 
    Remember, he scored couple of tap in's in the championship, he is a top end championship player!!! well according to many on here.. Poor player! Bad attitude! 
    Who said he was top end championship ? He had 2 good months in the championship with us , but bar his first couple of months with Ipswich , he has been awful since .  
    Go back on the Bonne feed, you will see plenty! He wasn't good for us in the championship, scored a few tap in's! He also missed 2 or 3 big chances at the end of the season which ultimately got us relegated! 

Awful Awful player!
    Bonne did not get us relegated. Bonne was the only reason we were still in the conversation on the final day. He scored what should have been the winner and the goal that kept us up against Birmingham but we couldn't hold on, set us up nicely against Brentford before the defence collapsed and scored the late equaliser against Wigan that meant our fate was still in our hands on the final day. other than Bonne Doughty, Pearce and Pratley got one each in that run and no-one else, Bonne gave us more in that run than he cost us by a long way. Pesonally I wouldn't turn my nose up at 11 'tap-ins'. He was rubbish when he came back and he's obviously a bit of a prick but we shouldn't re-invent history, he got 11 Championship goals, that's as many as Igor in his first season and Yann in 2012/13. He did well for us that season. Doesn't need to mean he's a good player, but he did his job as fourth choice striker and then some.
    You could equally argue that we would have survived had Bonne taken more chances - He missed a one vs one in that Wigan game, and shot straight at the Birmingham Goalkeeper in a similar fashion to the goal he scored @ St. Andrews.

But the funny thing is, he was one player... Pratley | Pearce | Doughty were the only others to score during the Lockdown games.

We had Aneke too (Who scored that "offside" goal against Reading) - But we had others who really should have stepped up too... In general we just couldn't find the net in those games, because our main Striker buggered off

All we needed was a bloody goal in the majority of those games

Still winds me up to this day how the Reading referee didnt give that penalty, when it was a carbon copy of the one he awarded at the start of the game
  • Bonne was signed as cheap cover, someone who’d work hard, was a decent size and was reasonably mobile. Without the same effort (and fitness?) and some luck he wasn’t the same player last season.

He was arguably meant to be fifth choice but Taylor got injured after a good start, Hemed failed to score, Aneke spent most of the season injured and Leko got also injured so his loan ended in January.

Despite that he had a good year, the other strikers, our injuries and ESI were far bigger problems that season.

He was a bit like Pritchard in the Championship - effective for a season but didn’t have the all round quality to maintain his form. Scoring double figures was a successful season for him but something he’s almost certainly not going to repeat.
  • edited August 2023
    Bonne to Gills was the transfer rumour. Talk about why he's going to that level seems like a natural follow on
  • What formation should we be playing this season? 
  • Quality transfer rumours these
    Got any rumours then?
    Not ITK but apparently there's a Bonne thread on CL
  • Quality transfer rumours these
    Got any rumours then?
    Not ITK but apparently there's a Bonne thread on CL
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/88159/bonne
  • Sponsored links:

• I was told we were in for Luke Plange from Palace, who's gone to Carlisle on loan, but that was quite a bit before the takeover completed.
  • According to Alan Nixon CAFC are looking at Perth Glory  midfielder 19 year old  Danny Douglas  and getting him over for a trial. 
  • Croydon said:
    I was told we were in for Luke Plange from Palace, who's gone to Carlisle on loan, but that was quite a bit before the takeover completed.
    Delighted we've not got him. absolutely pony when i've seen him play
  • Croydon said:
    I was told we were in for Luke Plange from Palace, who's gone to Carlisle on loan, but that was quite a bit before the takeover completed.
    Delighted we've not got him. absolutely pony when i've seen him play
    Yeah I assume/hope we were fishing in different waters at that point.
  • Swisdom said:
    we were after Plange in a January 

the two main positions we are currently looking to recruit  are rwb and a striker 

they are working on it
    Is a left sided centre back not on the list? Really feel like this should be more of a priority than RWB 
  • Swisdom said:

the two main positions we are currently looking to recruit  are rwb and a striker 

they are working on it
    Still think we need a mobile creative midfielder 
  • Swisdom said:

they are working on it
    Holden really doesn't rate Egbo does he? Or is there more to it?
  • NabySarr said:
    Swisdom said:

they are working on it
    Is a left sided centre back not on the list? Really feel like this should be more of a priority than RWB 
    Not sure I agree, Holden seems to questions/concerns about Egbo and the only other option we'd have is Asiimwe and we cannot be relying on a teenager*. Its not fair on him or practical for the club.

Once RWB and up front are sorted I imagine a LCB is on the shopping list next but that could be a loanee.

* I'm not saying don't play him at all, just not to RELY on him as first choice all season.
  • To be honest with Egbo, his delivery is awful, at least it has been from what I have seen so far.