Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• I would guess that Wrexham acquiring James McClean will mean their interest in CBT is over. 
  • edited August 2023
    I don't think either is backup.

They're competition, if one plays well, they'll keep playing. 
    I think that’s quite a luxury for a league one team. 
    It's not though.

People need to get out of the mindset of 11 good players and a few 'do a job' back up types.

It's a long season, we'll get injuries, we need more than say 3 decent midfielders, or you end up with the average backup playing 35 games a season and finishing midtable.
    Yep, I agree too. Not only cover for injuries though.

Also I feel many posters not taking into account that in a 99 minute game (as it seems to be now), often played at high intensity - midfielders can burn out, simply knackered.

Fresh legs may be needed and with up to 5 subs able to be used, we're likely to see all the CMs needed and involved.
    Tactical changes as well, of course. It'll be part of the game plan.

• Oggy Red said:
    I don't think either is backup.

They're competition, if one plays well, they'll keep playing. 
    I think that’s quite a luxury for a league one team. 
    It's not though.

People need to get out of the mindset of 11 good players and a few 'do a job' back up types.

It's a long season, we'll get injuries, we need more than say 3 decent midfielders, or you end up with the average backup playing 35 games a season and finishing midtable.
    Yep, I agree too. Not only cover for injuries though.

Also I feel many posters not taking into account that in a 99 minute game (as it seems to be now), often played at high intensity - midfielders can burn out, simply knackered.

Fresh legs may be needed and with up to 5 subs able to be used, we're likely to see all the CMs needed and involved.
    Tactical changes as well, of course. It'll be part of the game plan.

Exactly, and in those spells where we have games Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday etc, rotation is ideal if you can.
  • mart77 said:
    I would guess that Wrexham acquiring James McClean will mean their interest in CBT is over. 
    CBT was never going to Wrexham .. 
  • mart77 said:
    I would guess that Wrexham acquiring James McClean will mean their interest in CBT is over. 
    CBT was never going to Wrexham .. 
    I should hope not. I feel I’m in the minority but I like CBT and think he could play a role for us (just not as wing back). He probably can’t fit too easily into a 3-5-2, but hopefully he can be part of our plan b. 
  • Wrexham spoke to us about CBT’s availability in May. I was told it was possible that we’d cash in on him, but also If the deals represented good value, we’d sell Dobbo and Miles too. Tbh I still think Dobbo might go though I remain hopeful he’ll sign a new deal. 
  • edited August 2023
    Taxi_Lad said:
    mart77 said:
    Wrexham spoke to us about CBT’s availability in May. I was told it was possible that we’d cash in on him, but also If the deals represented good value, we’d sell Dobbo and Miles too. Tbh I still think Dobbo might go though I remain hopeful he’ll sign a new deal. 
    But then the Sandgaards were in situ. Id imagine everyone was available at a price
    Everyone still is “at a price”
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    mart77 said:
    Wrexham spoke to us about CBT’s availability in May. I was told it was possible that we’d cash in on him, but also If the deals represented good value, we’d sell Dobbo and Miles too. Tbh I still think Dobbo might go though I remain hopeful he’ll sign a new deal. 
    But then the Sandgaards were in situ. Id imagine everyone was available at a price
    I’m told this was Holden’s thoughts on it. I believe Holden thinks the squad still needs a good bit of rejigging and also doesn’t want to see players leave on frees if it can be avoided. Hopefully the new owners and a positive start to the season will see some new deals being signed. 
  • I like the effort Payne puts in and he clearly has ability but we need better - I put him in with dj Kirk and mgrandles in the departure lounge ideally 
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    DOUCHER said:
    I like the effort Payne puts in and he clearly has ability but we need better - I put him in with dj Kirk and mgrandles in the departure lounge ideally 
    No issues with Payne being a squad player. We need 25 players, not just 11, and he’s good enough for a bit part role.
    I'd worried if he was starting every week, but a perfect impact player from the bench
  • se9addick said:
    DOUCHER said:
    I like the effort Payne puts in and he clearly has ability but we need better - I put him in with dj Kirk and mgrandles in the departure lounge ideally 
    No issues with Payne being a squad player. We need 25 players, not just 11, and he’s good enough for a bit part role.
    Not for me 
  • DOUCHER said:
    I don’t see him as an impact player - no pace, no height, no physicality - they are normally impact players as the game opens up and / or you go more direct 

You are watching a different player dude
  • edited August 2023
    Any rumours? 

Of course not, how foolish of me to think otherwise:(
  • Any rumours? 

Wrong thread for rumours, matey. You should know that by now :smile:

• Oggy Red said:
    Any rumours? 

Wrong thread for rumours, matey. You should know that by now :smile:

True, I should shouldn’t I!

Maybe I should start a thread, players past and present as well as formations and then rumours might show up on there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Any rumours? 

Disappointing lack of fried breakfast comments as well.
  • Feels like perhaps Sess in, Egbo out?
  • mart77 said:
    The club said end of last season that Leaburn was not  leaving during the summer..thiz was backed up by Tracey Leaburn.…. Dobson not leaving again DH will decide what players he wants and who leaves 
  • Nombe missed a pen today.. 

• Nombe missed a pen today.. 

Mentioned on match day thread a couple of times
  • mart77 said:
    The club said end of last season that Leaburn was not  leaving during the summer..thiz was backed up by Tracey Leaburn.…. Dobson not leaving again DH will decide what players he wants and who leaves 
    Thought you had already done that!!